Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Average Bear posted:

This sounds kind of interesting, I'll check it out if it goes on sale.

there are demos on the eshop for eo4 and untold. and maybe untold 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
untold 2 demo is in the eshop.

Complexcalibur
Mar 11, 2007

NUOOOOAAAGH
Out of all of them I think the EO4 demo is probably the best litmus test for if you're going to like this kind of game. 4 is also old enough that it goes on sale every now and again for 15-20 dollars, and you'll be able to start where you left off from the demo if you tried it before.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
from what I hear 4's demo is a bit rough difficultywise

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Crimson Harvest posted:

I've only really played a few hours of EO4, and it's really fun. How are the other games in the series, and especially the 3DS remakes of the older ones?

you are a pedophile

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
I don't like that characters can only have three status effects at once what the gently caress is up with that?

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Can they really only have 3? I know it can only show 3 but dang.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I know that persona Q is limited to 3 buffs and 3 debuffs (status ailments and binds are counted separately from those), but I don't remember the same thing being true of EO4.

But then again my EO4 party had way less buff/debuff abilities and they usually only lasted 3 turns or less anyway, so I don't know if I ever would have hit that limit in the first place. If I did, it wasn't noticeable.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

you can only have three buffs and three debuffs plus any status effects/binds up at once. that's not a problem, only time i ran into it was with my dancer trying to dance with runes up and some oother stuff. ther eally stupid call is in eo2u where you get diminishing effects for every buffa/debuff past the first. sof ucking stupid

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fungah! posted:

you can only have three buffs and three debuffs plus any status effects/binds up at once. that's not a problem, only time i ran into it was with my dancer trying to dance with runes up and some oother stuff. ther eally stupid call is in eo2u where you get diminishing effects for every buffa/debuff past the first. sof ucking stupid

diminishing returns on buffs is lame, either make it an equal increase per buff up to a limit or make it a flat one boost

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Fungah! posted:

Its a major problem for me and my chase party

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

diminishing returns on buffs is lame, either make it an equal increase per buff up to a limit or make it a flat one boost

it's not just for stacking buffs, it's for everything. like if you use a str boost and then a def boost on the same guy the def boost will be less effective. i don't know what the gently caress they were thinking

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Fungah! posted:

it's not just for stacking buffs, it's for everything. like if you use a str boost and then a def boost on the same guy the def boost will be less effective. i don't know what the gently caress they were thinking

wow thats in eo2u still? i gotta keep that in mind

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

I read this in the AVGN voice

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fungah! posted:

:eyepop: that's bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

I read this in the AVGN voice

lol

• Locked thread