Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Getting the itch to log in again and check stuff out for the first time in 9 years. My old characters are (were) all on Silverlode... is there really no way to transfer them to Landroval, or is this help documentation out of date?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

God I'm having a chill-rear end time in Middle Earth. I forgot how weirdly relaxing this game is.

Also, I realize I'm low-level at 14 but like... did they make the game easier? I have not only not come close to dying a single time so far, I also haven't had my morale bar go below like 90% this entire time on my red captain.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Is the list of people to bother for a guild invite in the OP still current?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I've been mostly soloing with my Captain and honestly having a blast. Shouty boy.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Dick Trauma posted:

Since there was a lot of lag on my old server I started fresh on Arkenstone which I think is closer.

I'm not sure how true it is but the general line is that all of the servers are located in the same datacenter in the US anyway, even the ones for different regions.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I actually quite like Evendim :shobon: Pretty mountainy lake, neat ruins, a chill Ent. And that hedged-in hobbit village just west-ish of Oatbarton wins #1 for "spots in Middle Earth I'd love to live in" even though the quests there are kinda tedious.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I've never felt like Landroval is unpopulated or unbusy while playing, but I guess I don't know what it's like on the more bustling servers to compare to...

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

In a world where the future is looking more and more uncertain, a madman is prosecuting a war in Europe, trade barriers are going back up and 2024 is shaping up make 2020 look like a picnic in US politics, all the while the world is getting hotter and hotter, sometimes you just wanna escape for a bit and deliver pies to hobbits.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Stagger_Lee posted:

Let's play Lord of the Rings Online together

Big if true.

Over the past year-ish I've played on again off again super casually on a solo red captain. Sitting at level 48 now with Angmar nearly done. Group stuff might get me interested in logging in more than occasionally.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Lum_ posted:

Mariners are indeed live today.

Glad to see someone else does the whole "every character name is just a rehash of the same thing" thing.

I am very creative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Cyrano4747 posted:

I’m the opposite. I’ve been on the steam launcher forever and never had a crash that I can think of.

Same. I've got it installed on two PC's via Steam and have never had a single issue, except for a dumb payment problem via Steam after the new in-game store launched, but that was quickly resolved by support.