Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
So I finally upgraded my gaming rig and I've had this game for like 5 years but unable to play it. Are goons still on Landroval? Might try and join up this weekend. What's the hip class to play as these days? Was thinking a dwarf rune keeper dude. Are they fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’m in as Hellhammer the dwarf champion. If I could get an invite sometime I’d appreciate it.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Nektu posted:

Guildinvites in this game are a shitshow because both parties need to be online at the same time. I just tried, and of course you are not.

Try chatting up these people when you are online: Grodhir, Borbrack, Ranad, Browl, Dragonwort, Esgalad, Olwiel

Thanks for the effort. I’ll be online in around an hour and I’ll try one of these dudes :)

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

I'm installing the game for the first time in like... ten years??? Geez, I am ancient.

From what I remember Minstrel and Warden were fun for the first few levels, so I'll probably waffle between them. Both can be hobbits. Both seem good for solo questing. One lets you kill enemies by playing music and singing at them, the other lets you heal by stabbing people and has a nice run speed buff.

I just began playing last week after trying the game in like 2014 and only doing a few quests and then quitting. I started a champion but got kinda bored and then rolled a hunter and I'm having a blast. Running around plinking things with my bow is great fun. They also have run speed boosts and other things. She's up to level 23 now. If you're playing on Landroval give me your in-game name and I'll send you some money and any low level stuff I still have lying around.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I’m really enjoying the game. I felt I was leveling too fast so I bought an item from the store that turns off your XP and it’s been nice so far. I’m going back and doing deeds and quests I had to skip over because I was out leveling lots of areas. I’m at level 30 and joined a kinship since the Nazgun was dead. I only ever saw 1 person online at most so I was invited to another group and they’ve been nice so far. If you’re on Landroval send me your name and I’ll send some money and some level 10 leather or armor for you to get a head start.

I’m Maaike the hunter ingame so goons feel free to hit me up.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
So I’m level 38 and just got to the Trollshaws but I’m not a fan of the zone. Too claustrophobic. Is there a better area to go to to blast out the next 10 levels before heading to Moria? Misty Mountains? What’s a fun zone y’all would recommend with some good questing?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Yeah I’ve already done everything there is to do in Evendim, I liked that area. Even got to kindred with the rep there, my first one. Got a pretty horse out of it too. Looks like I’ll check out Agmar and Farochel

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

gyrf posted:

Hah. You’re in for a surprise when you hit the Lothlorien epic quests though.

Can you elaborate a bit? I got friendly with Lothlórien just to access the city but then jumped into Mirkwood as the rep rewards seem better. I’ve spent a day there and upgraded a lot of my jewelry already. Lothlórien seemed to have a bunch of junk repeatable quests that I figured I could skip.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I got the premium wallet last night when the servers came back up. Can’t beat that discount.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I don’t think we know what the hell is up with the servers. Saying it’s because of more people isn’t for sure. It could be the new wedding update broke a bunch of poo poo. The servers being up and down for 5 days tells me even SSG doesn’t really know what’s wrong either.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
there are so many quests, overleveling entire zones is definitely a thing and you will have to skip a bunch of it, so try not to worry too much

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I got my hunter to around level 95 before I burned out on the game, but it was tons of fun.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I might jump back in and try a beorling or something. I played for a few months in late 2020 and got a hunter to around level 100, they're fun and the fast travel is so good. Any other classes that are fun and got a rebalance or anything?

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

100 degrees Calcium posted:

Do people roleplay in this game? Is there a particular server that would good for that?

Arkenstone
The main PvMP and a popular Raiding/Kinship server with decent Russian and English/American speaking populations and peak play time being between 7pm-2am ET (4pm-11pm PT, midnight-7am GMT).

Belegaer [DE]
A primarily German speaking mature role-play server.

Brandywine:
A fairly high population diverse server (PvMP, Raiding, RP, and music events) with decent Russian and English/American speaking populations.

Crickhollow
A relatively low population casual questing kinship server that sports an active music and special events community.

Evernight
A fairly high population mostly English/American speaking European server.

Gladden
A casual, mostly English/American server with peak times between 2pm-11pm ET (11am-8pm PT, 7pm-4am GMT).

Gwaihir [DE]
A primarily German speaking server.

Landroval
A fairly well populated at all times of day role-play encouraged server.

Laurelin
A fairly well populated at all times of day role-play server.

Sirannon [FR]
A primarily French speaking server.

Legendary progression servers (VIP subscription Only)
The Legendary servers start with only initial Level 50 and below content, with a focus on the Shadows of Angmar story. The level cap and story content unlocks over time, allowing players to enjoy the early story of The Lord of the Rings Online anew, together!

Anor
Currently level cap 120.

Shadowfax
Currently level cap 75.

Treebeard
Currently level cap 60.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Now is the best because there’s so many new players being all “help I just created my first character and I clicked a thing and now I’m level 120 and no idea what to do, help”

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I have a level 96 hunter on Landroval I've came back and started playing again. I quit after struggling through Rohan years ago and never got to see any of the Gondor stuff, which people say is pretty good. So enjoying the Dol Amroth area right now. IGN is Maaike so say hi if you're around.

what level are you? I have a lvl 20 champ sitting around if you're in that range to quest with

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Late evening dance parties on Landroval

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

looking sharp babyyyyyyyyy

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Pioneer42 posted:

I'm a very new player and I've saved about a hundred anniversary marks. Where do I spend them, and what should I spend them on?

in Bree there is a tent with a bunch of horses north of the Boar fountain. I think you can buy special mounts and cosmetics, etc at a vendor there

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the epic battles are pretty bad until you get to at least level 100+. the rewards aren't better than rep gear you can find and rewards from missions you can do a lot of at earlier levels

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Fake Name posted:

A couple of days ago I got the idea to play this for the first time for some reason, and it's a pretty chill and fun game. I now have a level 12 loremaster but have 2 questions:

- Does paying monthly give you access to the fast travel system? I've quite enjoyed the slow pace of travelling from place to place but some of the back and forth is starting to get a llittle annoying when there's a fast travel system available but costs premium coins
- Are there any wizard hats or other overly big hats for the Loremaster class?

yes! there are tons of hat cosmetics, I've definitely seen wizard hats. as to where they are, I have no idea. also:

Benefits

Access to all Quest Packs and the Mordor, Minas Morgul and War of Three Peaks expansions, leaving only the current Fate of Gundabad expansion.

500 LOTRO Points per month *

Legendary Server access *

7 Character slots per server

75 Inventory Slots

5 additional Quest Log slots

Swift Travel to more than the starting zones *

Can acquire the horse riding skill for free from a quest at level 20

VIP Bonus XP (Automatic Rest XP) - Daily +100% XP for 30% of your next level

Weekly Gold Hobbit Gifts

The following benefits (activated by a repeatable Quest that awards Subscriber Town Services and Subscriber's Jug items):

Accelerated crafting speed

Immunity to item wear from combat, crafting, and defeat

Field access to a shop for selling, buyback, and repairs

Field access to vault, shared storage, and wardrobe

Field access to auctions

Field access to forge-master and relic-master services

20 Shared Wardrobe slots

Maximum Active Auction House listings

Unlimited Crafting Guild access

Can spend Destiny Points on in-game perks *

Freep access to PvMP

All monster classes available

Priority Login

Unlimited Chat

Maximum mail availability, including access to mail anywhere in Middle Earth; a mail-box is not required

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 11, 2022

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
landscape is incredibly easy, you can do the first 20 levels or so completely naked and still mow through things

edit: you can manually change the difficulty settings on a legendary server if you're a VIP, something I wish they would implement on all of them

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 12, 2022

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
you can level to cap without stepping foot in a dungeon or in a group of people, so yeah. very chill solo game for shutins and dads

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
would def recommend starting a hunter as the first character. the instant ports to basically anywhere on the map are awesome for first time players

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the game is basically f2p until level 95. quest packs, past expansions, just logging into a new character gets you like 3 expansions immediately in your account.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Some minstrel gave me a bunch of stacks of purple pipeweed and I gave him some gold, he seemed really happy about that and then gave me a bunch of food and now I'm bloated, woof

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

nearly killed em! posted:

got a bad case of tolkien-brain, tried to login and even if i change my password it tells me i don't have the correct password. everything i've read says there's little to no chance support will ever get back to me. anyone familiar with this issue? am i s.o.l.?

is this an old account you're trying to get into? if it is, just create a new one. if you logged into it like a few days ago and can't now, I have no idea

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
start a beorning, the intro takes like 5 minutes. its great, plus they are super fun

edit: snipe - hanging with my BFF Sauron

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 7, 2022

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
My beorning is super fun. You can solo anything in the game and can tank, dps, and heal easily. I don’t think their AoE heals can be beat by any other class.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Yeah I made a second chat window and put quest dialogue, combat details, and loot in there. Saves the main chat window for everything else.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Candrr posted:

Hey Goons, I am thinking about jumping into the game, I was just wondering about the state of the game and population. I am looking for a new MMO to sink some time into.

The game just recently had a 15th anniversary and posted the biggest numbers in like a decade in terms of active players, so its definitely a good time to start.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Opiumden34 posted:

I haven't played too much of this game yet, but I cannot decide on a class to level. Runekeeper and lore master look like I'd enjoy them, maybe beorning?

Don’t think you can go wrong with any of those. It takes like 2 days to level to 20, try em all out and see how it goes and which you enjoy

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dick Trauma posted:

I have dabbled with this game a few times since launch. I think what wore me down was inventory management (especially if like me you want to craft) and the character graphics, which I thought were sub-par even when the game was new.

I think my last new character was farming, for... dye? Tobacco? I can't remember but recall that I enjoyed hanging around the Shire sowing and reaping and blowing funny shape smoke rings.

all content up to level 95 is free, if you haven't played in a few years, would definitely recommend trying it out again. I've been enjoying my last few months playing since coming back.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
If you rolled on Arkenstone for less lag, you’re probably gonna deal with the opposite. Pretty sure it’s the largest server and often has lag issues

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Started a new runekeeper named Shrinkage on Landroval trying out the new expansion if anyone wants to hang and kill some boars

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
I need to go check out this party rock

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
buying at least a month of VIP if you wanna put any time in this game is a no brainer

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
There’s really nothing you need mod wise to enjoy the game

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
just avoid the Waterworks entirely and you'll be good

Demon Of The Fall fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall