Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Ossipago posted:

Have they said why they are even doing this? Have people been clamoring for it? I don't want them to break my class for something I'll never play. If I want pvp I'll go to another game, that's not why I play LOTRO.

They likely will not "break" any classes because of it. Effects will just work differently in PvP than they do in the regular game, just like in monster play. For example there is a temporary buff you get when you get CC'd in PvMP where any further stuns/mezzes/roots are of shorter and shorter duration, and it gets to the point where after you have gotten hit by enough stuff in fairly rapid succession you are basically immune to any kind of CC ability. Plus certain abilities do vastly reduced damage etc during PvMP. It will be stuff like that. They have pretty well shown in the past that the PvMP balancing is the last thing on their list that they care about. I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Demon Of The Fall posted:

So I’m level 38 and just got to the Trollshaws but I’m not a fan of the zone. Too claustrophobic. Is there a better area to go to to blast out the next 10 levels before heading to Moria? Misty Mountains? What’s a fun zone y’all would recommend with some good questing?

I usually covered from 30 to ~40 in Evendim and then to Forochel in the lower forties. Sometimes had to supplement the tail end of thirties or early forties with early Misty Mountains or Aughaire in SW Angmar.

Here's a wiki page that has the general level ranges for areas:
https://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Category:Regional_Quests

flowinprose fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jun 16, 2020

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

jalapeno_dude posted:

I enjoyed Forochel once but god does it take forever to get anywhere in that zone.

I've found that the best way to do Forochel is to finish out all the quests in the first little camp in the southeast near the entrance to the area, and then once you're done there ride to each of the other towns/camps and pick up every quest you can at one time. There are a ton of quests that have no prerequisites and many of them have overlap on the enemies that count for the kills/drops.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Givin posted:

I know the thread is probably tired of seeing this but I'm just checking to make sure, by adding everything with the big promo code, and scooping up all the 99 point expansion thingies I have all the games content EXCEPT Mordor and Minas Morgul right? And those I wont need for anything until I approach that level of content yes?

Reason I ask is the account page is pretty vague about showing stuff. Like even after adding all the above it only shows I have the base game, Moria and Mirkwood which I got a long time ago.

It shows...
Shadows of Angmar™ Standard
Mines of Moria™ Standard
Siege of Mirkwood™
Shared Storage

If I played I'd sub because I hate hate hate playing as a F2P player in any game and want to eliminate any restrictions it puts on you.

The 99 point things are quest packs. They are not technically the full expansion, so don't get extra things like races/classes, cosmetic gear, mounts, and boosts that may have been included with the expansion.

So for example since you own Mines of Moria as the full expansion, you should already have access to Wardens and Rune-Keepers. However, if you had not already owned that and got the Mines of Moria quest pack, it would not include those classes.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Kaysette posted:

before these dead forums finally kill the kin, can anyone make me a lvl 100 first age book and staff? i have the symbols and emeralds but don't trust any randos. i'll be around tomorrow or can just mail the stuff + a tip.

By the way, there is a discord server link posted in the first post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Are they seriously adding hobbits as a race that can play LM? lmao