Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

TheHoosier posted:

So I went to transfer my guys from Silverlode, and my only options were two other closed servers (Palantir and Bullroarer)?? It failed on both transfers, naturally. I only have 1500 points in my account, and I'm guessing I missed the window on the free transfers, huh?

Undeterred, I rolled a Lore-master on Landroval and laughed when my limited inventory was almost immediately bombarded by expac rewards, login rewards, and old cosmetic stuff from when I played before. It is really quaint that Archet is still the beginning area for Men.

Is it easier to get groups for dungeons now? Mechanically or otherwise? My interest in these games is usually dungeons and story content, and if I remember correctly, getting groups together to do the instanced dungeons was a real pain in the rear end. Like almost non-existent. That's essentially what killed my desire to play the last time. I don't care about progging, I just like doing the cool group content and seeing the big fights.
They've been saying transfers from closed servers are on the horizon for like 2 years, might never happen.

Yeah, you'll have to walk over to Bree to access the vault and free up space. :D

99% of people don't group until level cap. At that stage it's easy to group, although most people use world chat and LFF instead of the built-in dungeon finder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Oh dang natsuumi's back! Should we start taking bets on whether fran is next? :coal:

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Natsuumi posted:

Disappointing. I had a lot of neat stuff. I guess I'll have to live without my front yard tentacle.
If it's the one I'm thinking of, we could get a replacement in a couple minutes.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Vadun posted:

How do you deal with power draining monsters? I don't seem to notice it happening until my power is at 0, and I don't feel like it's from spamming abilities. First time it happened was in the Great Barrow.
Depends on the class, but typically it's a disease that can be removed with a potion. However, sometimes the mob will re-apply it, so if you already burned power potion then just run up and right click on em to auto-attack.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Kaysette posted:

does the lore-master end game yellow rotation actually involve summoning and de-summoning four pets constantly to keep all their debuffs up? that's what lotrohq suggests and i get it but :effort:
It helps a little on T4+ raids, but it's more essential that everyone is geared up and knows the boss mechanics.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Clarence posted:

Is it possible to get level 140 gear without having standing anywhere? I may be a bit behind with landscape quests and have been levelling in festivals.

Auction house for crafted gear, obviously.
Do mathom hunter's armour drops scale to 140?

Anywhere else?
Yes, it is possible to gear up without rep. Can get crafted armor/jewellery, an offhand item from trader in anaz-khurfu (sp?) using embers, and pocket item from geode hunting.

If you want crafted armor and/or jewellery, do some treasure hunting and get sunstone shards from the silver chests here: https://mynameisgonz.com/lotro/guides/fate-of-gundabad-explorers-guide Then send a message to Trade channel looking for a crafter for what you need.

If you want embers, do the gundabad allegiance weekly quests from the entrance to the hall of verzonal in steepset. Pick up the 20 quests weekly and then run forges/lofts dailies for 15 of the 20. Then can run Dhurstrok solo at level 131/132 to knock out the 6 instances weekly. The forge/loft dailies are the best source for enhancement runes to upgrade your traceries.

Even if you're not fully geared up, you can get some decent drops from level 140 Pughlak, Dhurstrok, and House of Rest at T1. It's best if you have a decent group for them if you're undergeared. Once you are a little better geared then you can try out the Hiddenhoard of Abanaka (sp?) raid for another weekly 500 embers.

Finally, this site is a decent resource for figuring out what to do at 140, and if you're on Landroval I will help you run whatever you like.
https://lotroplayers.com/2021/12/20/help-im-140-u31-guide/

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Clarence posted:

Not that I really need gear. I was doing the epic quests when I was playing the captain, so when I started this champion I'd "get to them later". That turned into waiting until max level and I played infrequently enough that I never got there until now. I may be a tad over-levelled.
Me too. Thanks to the 120 boost, I now have a max level hunter with which to work on level 70 story quests. :D

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Drone posted:

Getting the itch to log in again and check stuff out for the first time in 9 years. My old characters are (were) all on Silverlode... is there really no way to transfer them to Landroval, or is this help documentation out of date?

if you log in today or tomorrow you may be able to auto-level to 120.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Drone posted:

Is the list of people to bother for a guild invite in the OP still current?
Nope! Your best bet is to jump on discord and ask.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Hobbit lore master gonna be super cute

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Comrade Koba posted:

I think I must have rolled and deleted 3 different hobbit alts by now after leveling them to 18-20 because I can’t decide which class feels the best. Oh well, guess I’ll get to do the mail delivery and pie collection grind a couple more times! :shepicide:
Or just walk ur little hobbit legs to another zone...

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Brave New World posted:

I would like to have seen The Rift at its original difficulty level.
I can assure you it was unpleasant :D

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I heard some people are real mad about the minstrel revamp.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I know a lot has been said, but no one mentioned missions.

If you just want to casually play the game, book quests are the way to go.

If you want to level quickly and have a few bucks to spare, pick up an XP boost and enhanced xp supply x5, then run the erebor missions (take the horse from central bree) to net several levels per day.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Yellow burg is desirable in group content for the damage buffs.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

unimportantguy posted:

I built a new computer and now any time i try to adjust the camera it spins wildly all over the place. lol this game.
If you didn't already fix it - does the camera flip around when you start moving? I ask because there is a toggle under Options->Input for Reset Camera When Moving.

I always turn that off, along with Selection Indicator under UI Settings and Directional Selection under Combat Options.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Comrade Koba posted:

There’s paid level boosts that take you to certain levels, I think they’re available for level 50, 95, 105, 120 and 130.
Pretty sure if you purchase some of the expansions, you get gifted some of those items. That being said - you will be launched into a world that can be extremely daunting - like all the various mechanics, customizations and skills are just thrown at you at the same time with no explanation.

My favorite content is level 1-65, and the XP flows freely, so you will outlevel zones faster than you can finish them (unless you're using the tortoise pendant that stops you from gaining XP).

Many folks feel that the game starts to slow down and get repetitive in the 75-100 range, so in my opinion, that would be the time to use an auto-level item if you're going to.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Lars posted:

I'm 86 on Osrandir now, will do group stuff even though it might mean I have to carry the day as a LM - the discord link is broken tho.
Looks like it expires after 7 days:

https://discord.gg/6fpMe6tg

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Haha, the reward for doing good work is more work.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

My immersion is on its last legs over here...

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Tabletops posted:

Any good overviews out there? Curious what it do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSJDUOz4Ais

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

Does anyone know when the new corsairs content is actually coming out?

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

truther posted:

https://www.lotro.com/corsairs-of-umbar

New expansion is out.

I'm only level 12 but it seems quite fun. Would be great with a booming server though haha. Seems to average 250 during the day.
Where is that number coming from? I've always been curious about server pop.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

In case anyone was on the fence, the new corsairs expansion is quite good - story wise at least.

Granted, it's 140 - 150 content and not many are there yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

xZAOx posted:

How much of Corsairs is "reworked landscape area you've already done" versus the actual new landscape? Is it 50/50 at least?

The fact that it wasn't a whole new area was a big turnoff for me. Makes me worried their profits are way down or something.
The story quests from 141-144 are in a reworked zone (King's Gondor after the battle of the black gate), then 145-150 are in the new areas.

So yeah about 50/50 I guess? :D