Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

The 3DS port of Gunstar Heroes is now available for purchase and it is easily the best version of Gunstar Heroes ever. It features both the Japanese and International versions of the game, the ability to swap between Free and Fixed aiming at any time and the 3D effects are great.

Lightning + Flame forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i never played this game and dont know anything about it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"To use a rather mundane example, I would say that 3D Shinobi III and 3D Streets of Rage were Kaio-ken, this project is M2 finally going Super Saiyan."

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

rediscover posted:

It's a run and gun game like Contra but you can throw guys and do slide kicks and air dives and when you get two weapon types they combine into one super weapon. Also the music is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llYE6sdemjs

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rediscover posted:

it's very good, my favorite contra-like other than metal slug

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gunstar Heroes is really good, I rented it a lot when I was a kid

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

just looking for this last night, thanks op

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
M2 is truly a gamers blessing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

M2 is truly a gamers blessing

All of their 3D ports have been aces, and I'll be buying this tonight even though I've never played gunstar heroes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I played the poo poo out of that game when I was at the home of my cousin who had a Genesis and with a kaillera emulator with some buds, does this port has multiplayer?

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

All of their 3D ports have been aces, and I'll be buying this tonight even though I've never played gunstar heroes.
Your in for a real treat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

I played the poo poo out of that game when I was at the home of my cousin who had a Genesis and with a kaillera emulator with some buds, does this port has multiplayer?

Have*

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Local, no online.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is loving awesome. I played a shitton of Contra III 17 years ago and whatever and this feels like that, but better.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

OP mentions switching between free and fixed at any time but I haven't been able to figure out that option yet. Unless it's in the other version of the game. Anyway I beat Stage 1, Stage 2 boss is a real fucker so I tried Stage 3 which is awesome!

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

In Training posted:

OP mentions switching between free and fixed at any time but I haven't been able to figure out that option yet. Unless it's in the other version of the game. Anyway I beat Stage 1, Stage 2 boss is a real fucker so I tried Stage 3 which is awesome!

If you choose Gunslinger on the menu screen you can change by pressing X. I think it might delete your save though so be's careful. It also lets you toggle between any weapon with L and R but I don't do that because it feels like cheating.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

my eshop balance is like 80 cents shy of this.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Seshoho Cian posted:

If you choose Gunslinger on the menu screen you can change by pressing X. I think it might delete your save though so be's careful. It also lets you toggle between any weapon with L and R but I don't do that because it feels like cheating.

Honestly switching midstage feels kinda cheap. The trade off is between making stages easier (shoot while moving) and making bosses easier (shoot standing still).

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I love this game they made it on 3ds??

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

I love this game they made it on 3ds??

Yah, in 3d with multiple releases to choose from and it auto saves replays.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Honestly switching midstage feels kinda cheap. The trade off is between making stages easier (shoot while moving) and making bosses easier (shoot standing still).

When I played this game with my older brother I'd pick Free Aim and he'd pick Fix Aim, I always felt that was the best setup you could have. Being able to switch at will definitely makes the game way easier but I'm glad they added it because you could do it in the GBA sequel

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
Melon Bread

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Seshoho Cian posted:

It's a run and gun game like Contra but you can throw guys and do slide kicks and air dives and when you get two weapon types they combine into one super weapon. Also the music is great.

You have no idea how hard you just sold me on this game I've never played.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'm blowing so much stuff up. This game is loving awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Seshoho Cian posted:

That sounds badass.

• Locked thread