Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snow Job
May 24, 2006

Arkane posted:

No on SCOTUS retirement is a great bet iyam, should collapse Monday after AMK doesn't retire

I went for this ("Kennedy is next to leave the supreme court: No"), and sold it today for pretty good money. Thanks! Only wish I had had more funds available to invest in that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
welp there goes healthcare vote along with my shares. I really thought McConnell would pull it off.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Same. The tip on the SCOTUS vacancy made up for it for me at least.

It's never too much of a bummer when losing your PredictIt bet means an actual good political outcome happened though.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Same and I've been playing it a bit of "if something bad happens, at least I'm getting paid".

Merlot Brougham
Dec 16, 2004

The White Darryl Strawberry

Salad Prong
Sorry. I couldn't hear what you said about scotus and health care over all of the recent action in Mongolia.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Merlot Brougham posted:

Sorry. I couldn't hear what you said about scotus and health care over all of the recent action in Mongolia.

what's 538 say

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Is there a way to sign up for email alerts when new markets are posted? The OP suggests there is, but I cannot find it.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

theres a will theres moe posted:

Is there a way to sign up for email alerts when new markets are posted? The OP suggests there is, but I cannot find it.

There's a daily email that says which new markets were added

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

write an API scraper bot that polls the "new markets" endpoint and sends you an email when it sees one :v:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Lutha Mahtin posted:

write an API scraper bot that polls the "new markets" endpoint and sends you an email when it sees one :v:

FWIW they explicitly say that if they catch anyone using bots they'll ban your account.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.
RIP BCRA and about $90.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

I only bought a few bucks assuming despite the odds Mitch would find a way to kill us all. Oh well I guess.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Rex-Goliath posted:

FWIW they explicitly say that if they catch anyone using bots they'll ban your account.

did you miss the part where i said "use the api". predictit has a public api

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Yes I did :haw:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
So is B6 the way to go here, or does a MTP not count? https://www.predictit.org/Market/3414/When-will-the-Senate-vote-on-the-Better-Care-Reconciliation-Act

e: B4, not B6. Though if a MTP doesn't count then B6 would probably be the way to go.

Jedi Knight Luigi has issued a correction as of 16:40 on Jul 25, 2017

Nf3
Oct 9, 2012
Okay, so Im a HFT trader newb and programming newb, but how likely is it that bots are being used on this site? As soon as Trump or Pence tweet, the trades move instantly. So they're bots, right?
How many of you use two accounts so you can hold both yes and no positions? I wish I was.

Hufflepuff or bust!
Jan 28, 2005

I should have known better.

Nf3 posted:

Okay, so Im a HFT trader newb and programming newb, but how likely is it that bots are being used on this site? As soon as Trump or Pence tweet, the trades move instantly. So they're bots, right?
How many of you use two accounts so you can hold both yes and no positions? I wish I was.

I don't have two accounts but it isn't unprecedented. I think it is unlikely that bots are being used, but macros probably are and many people (like me) queue up buy or sell orders and just stare at Twitter. Click when the alert comes and it appears pretty instant. If bots were being used you wouldn't see weird response times like on POTUS sometimes.

Nf3
Oct 9, 2012

Hufflepuff or bust! posted:

I don't have two accounts but it isn't unprecedented. I think it is unlikely that bots are being used, but macros probably are and many people (like me) queue up buy or sell orders and just stare at Twitter. Click when the alert comes and it appears pretty instant. If bots were being used you wouldn't see weird response times like on POTUS sometimes.

When you say queue up, do you have it set to like having the information in and just being ready to hit submit as soon as a tweet alert comes in? I too have turned on twitter tweet alert notifications for VP and RDJT on chrome extension and mobile, but I wanted to know if Id be fast enough to sell or buy in the event of the tweet before the price adjusts too far.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
i own a lot of this healthcare bill to pass

and by a lot, closing in on 30,000 shares across the various markets

hopefully these scurrilous senators can get it done

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
I've got 100 shares in B5. Hopefully it'll spike later this week and I can buy a case of beer.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'm pretty sure B5 is nearly worthless

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So all they have to do is pass any bill? I don't even know how these markets can claim a result. Something is going pass even just a blank bill that says fix it in reconciliation.

Also laughing at the tweet market when Trump deleted the tweet with Senate in it.

Elephanthead has issued a correction as of 20:01 on Jul 26, 2017

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Somebody is selling a lot of NO on CLINTON.FEDCHARGES.2017

good time to get it under 90 if reality is still a thing

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The Senate will almost certainly vote on something by the end of this week because of the special rules whatever that McCain dragged himself to DC to pass. There is no guarantee they'll be able to figure their poo poo out and actually pass something though.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

forever lmao at the folks who buy yes on poo poo like this

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Homeless Friend posted:

forever lmao at the folks who buy yes on poo poo like this

The comments section is literally insane.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

that market was great during the emails investigation. the true believers poured money into Yes in anticipation of every event where charges might be announced, and gloated endlessly in the comments. then comey or whoever would announce "lol shes fine", the price would collapse instantly, and I would sell my Nos back to the rubes for nickels on what they paid for em :rolleyes:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Is there a Kid Rock market?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Just bought some cheap Murcowski yes. go lotto.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

:lol: it's down all the way to 83

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

Is there a Kid Rock market?

there is and I may have bet too heavily on HYPERNORMALIZATION vs Marketing Stunt

also got too comfortable this week with trump and pence twitter. Ooof. Goodbye internet money.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The twitter markets are dominated by people with scripts and big rear end spreadsheets that dedicate a ton of time to it. Don't bother loving with them.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

bawfuls posted:

The twitter markets are dominated by people with scripts and big rear end spreadsheets that dedicate a ton of time to it. Don't bother loving with them.

You can often jump on a "safe" 85 cent no a day out from the end, but then weeks like this one can sort of gently caress up weeks of profit so yeah.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
My Murkowskis almost doubled but I am greedy cause no one can resist the Trumpster.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
mannnnnnnnnnnn, I got hosed in the healthcare market tonight

ended up crawling away with a profit, but I was like 18k in the green at one point, and finished +2k

very reminiscent of election night!

Snow Job
May 24, 2006

I bet against BCRA when McCain was hospitalized, but stood my ground figuring Heller or someone else in a purple state would refuse to play along. That outcome was, uh, unexpected.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Profit by month and shares traded

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Arkane posted:

Profit by month and shares traded

holy cannoli

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010