Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
User Error
Aug 31, 2006
I got money on Carson losing the debate the hardest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
It's me. I'm the guy that always loses money to yall.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
I really hope you guys are not all part of a conspiracy to scam me out of my money with Biden No.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Aliquid posted:

new page reminder that, if you're reading this, announcing would gently caress me to my core in a bad way, joe

Yep

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
About drat time for Biden No to start climbing. I'm considering selling some if mine after the debate in case he tries to gently caress us at the last minute.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Don't gently caress me Joe

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Can anybody recommend a good peaty scotch to buy with my Biden dollars? I like Laphroaig 10 but wouldn't mind trying something new.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
I sold at .97, executed no problem.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Just snagged 500 Biden Run Yes for 3 cents. Feel the Joementum people!

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Hey it was an easy 10$. Gotta do something to scratch that itch while I wait for the rest of my portfolio to do something.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Combed Thunderclap posted:

$15, you mean? :raise:

I'm also feeling the itch, but I'm resisting so far, in part because I'm pretty sure this kind of compulsive behavior is how gambling addiction starts.

Bought for 15, selling for 25. I hope. Some dick is trying to sell a bunch at 5 in front of me. I'll unload them for 4 if they don't move in a few hours.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
My guy says no but I don't know enough about the man and his history to put money on it.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Tempting to sell at .93 or so. Don't underestimate the penchant of some Tortilla Coast Raiders for loving things up.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
I bought some Fiorina debate winner NO at 78 cents. Should be a quick payoff once people realize her 15 minutes are up.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

nachos posted:

I think Carson NO is a good buy at 83 cents. He is a sleepy boring gently caress and his economic ideas are utter nonsense. This debate will be "won" by Trump/Rubio/Bush in my opinion. I'm undecided on Fiorina, I could see it going either way for her. She dipped in the polls quite a bit so her brash manner and former CEO title which might give her statements a bit more authority in an economic debate and lead to another quick bump. That said, I don't think the media really cares about her anymore.

I think your last sentence is key. She was being hyped before the debate then followed the 2012 style flavor of the week bump and burnout.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
God drat poll markets, I put some money in and things go all to hell. I'm done with them once I'm out of this one.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

nachos posted:

The Obama 46% market is shooting back up for some reason

Learned my lesson/shut up/DONT BET ON POLLS

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Christ why am I still playing the debate polls. I just sold my Carson shares for what I paid to get out, I can't take it. Should still make a bit of money on Cruz No for the winner and Trump No for the loser.

edit: Bought back 25 shares of Carson winning the debate. But it's OK, I'm just going to play the fluctuations and make a little change. I can stop any time I want.

User Error has issued a correction as of 01:07 on Nov 5, 2015

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Rubio Yes is the only thing keeping my portfolio in the black ATM

Other than Louisiana going D

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Patriots over prostitutes

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Gyges posted:

Just remember The Notorious RBG is almost certainly next via retirement.

You should be more optimistic! Theoretically Scalia could have a heart attack tomorrow!

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Rasmussen just posted to RCP. Looks like O'Malley may take the lead for biggest bump. No reaction yet in the market.

Mother Fucker! I just got scared and sold for what I paid at 36

I'm quite heavily invested in John Bell Edwards. I'm going to be on pins and needles all day.

User Error has issued a correction as of 17:33 on Nov 21, 2015

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Made a cool $65 :coal: Suck it Vitter.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Necc0 posted:

Man good call on the dem bump market. It's already crashing back down. Good thing I cashed out when I did

Truth. I got me some Clinton No at 64 and sold it at 88. Back down to 58 now.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

watwat posted:

The Dem bump market? It doesn't close until the 28th. I have Clinton +1.1 while OMalley is +1.7. That one OMally 7 from PPP was a one off outlier. If/when Rasmussen drops this is a while new ballgame.

Yeah I'm with you. Don't gently caress me O'mallentum!

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Rnom is getting linked December 1. I recently bought a bunch of nos, I'm curious to see how things shake out. I haven't really played in any linked markets yet.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
RNom is being linked as we speak :getin:

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
I put all my cash from the linking into USPREZ16 which is going to be linked on December 3. NOs all shot up today so I think pretty much everyone did the same thing. I managed to get in early enough to ride most of the increase.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
New Monmouth/Fulmer poll has Clinton up by 9 in Iowa. That CNN/ORC poll looks like an outlier to me.

Don't gently caress this up for me Hilldawg

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

It really is (an outlier). They're estimating a HUMONGOUS caucus turnout, like 3x what it was in 2012.

Emerson also has Clinton up by 9. I'm still not putting more money on it though, I decided to put it into Trump NH to be safer.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
I like Bernie but he better fuckin lose Iowa

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
DO IT TRUMP

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
aw booo

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
I'm pretty heavily invested in Trump winning NH. It was down into the 60s earlier today and he is leading in the polls by a factor of 3. I expect him to underperform but not by that much.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Thanks for the heads up

Man I have an open order for 250 @ .96 and it never got filled. I did manage to make $15 or so on the Rand Paul rush earlier. I should have dumped a bunch of other stuff to put more money into that. I got Rand Paul Nos at .60.

Kasich NH Yes seems like a bargin at .05. I know he won't win but it's cheap enough that I'll wager on him gaining a bit of ground in the polls.

User Error has issued a correction as of 05:06 on Feb 4, 2016

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Aliquid posted:

Romney NOM crashed because he's endorsing Rubio; these were people thinking that he'd jump in the race any day now. If y'all want .01 Romney YES, there are like 6000 shares available.

There is a good chance you could double your money.... At some point in the future maybe.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

Christie at 2c probably also technically a good bet. That said, Trump has such a lead that I'm not going to bet against him.

Kasich is down to 2c :mrwhite:

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Goddamn Kasich went up to 90/10. I tried to sell my Yes to get in on the No upswing but their server was too slow.

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
Motherfucking Carly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

User Error
Aug 31, 2006
But if I bet I can make up my losses from earlier!

• Locked thread