Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Lucky this one doesn't have markets for "who drops first"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Vox Nihili posted:

Does that mean +$70 or $70 total including your original amount?

Bet was $2000 on "No, Webb will not secure the 2016 nomination", return was $2070.48 because the chance for yes was very low already.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Aliquid posted:

Did you go all in after his announcement to drop? That seems an obscure market in which to dump two grand unless it was a very recent move.

I did $2000 on No back in seotember for "will x be the democratic candidate" on everyone but Clinton and Sanders. Safe bets after all.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Over on MediaPredict, my bets on Biden (for Winning 2016 nomination and Percentage vote in Iowa) seem to have resolved in my favor.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Necc0 posted:

Are those actual dollars or 'MediaPredict' dollars?

1000 of 'em is worth a real dollar! :haw:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

lelandjs posted:

What can I say, I like throwing money away. That's why I've donated to Bernie's campaign.

Also compared to what some of you are throwing at Predictit I'm playing with pocket change, I've only deposited $35 total

Hey now. Your Bernie campaign money is going to be given over to the DNC and Hillary, so it's not really down the drain!

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Honestly Chafee might just stay in it til Super Tuesday or at least the third debate. He'll probably be able to meet the next debate's 1% threshold or whatever in the polls, purely by virtue of Biden finally saying "no, you morons" and Webb leaving.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Reminder: Fiorina's value is at least -6
Billion, if not negative 7. Negative 2 billion is a gross understatement.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Corrupt Politician posted:

I don't get why this still isn't in the news at all. I mean, no stories on Google News, nothing on Twitter except Webb's single tweet. Don't all the major news outfits have people monitoring this stuff? Wouldn't a new independent run merit at least a footnote?

You'd have heard of a good hundred other dudes already then.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Necc0 posted:

I suggested a Nuclear Iran market similar to the current N. Korea one but they haven't opened it :(

What's the North Korea market anyway? The only I can think of that makes sense is "North Korea restarts their nuclear reactors for power".

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

That's an odd market, considering they've already done it multiple times in the past.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
You know it can be fun to play election results polls, even before they're close to happening:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Tomato Burger posted:

What site is that from?

Mediapredict. It's mostly focused on predicting things like box office takes and ratings for shows, but they do politics stuff in election years.

And $1000 of site currency is $1 of real currency that you can withdraw - and there's no way to deposit. You start with $10,000 and must gain money through predicting correctly.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I put a decent size bet down on Carson's Iowa performance being less than the market, because he's pretty much peaked.

Edit: Specifically my thing is Ben Carson doing less than 23.69% at the Iowa Caucuses

Nintendo Kid has issued a correction as of 18:40 on Nov 6, 2015

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

HisMajestyBOB posted:

Why is there a "Will a woman be elected President in 2016?" market? Seems pretty redundant with the Hillary for President market.

The "Will a woman be elected President in 2016?" is logically valued at "Will Fiorina be elected?" plus "Will Hillary Clinton be elected?" (so 0+100%)

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Necc0 posted:

Keep in mind this one is also on later than the others at 9 PM EST. I don't know how TV prime-time works so this may influence it up or down. Just something to keep in mind.

The most watched hour of TV varies between 8-9 and 9-10 from day to day and year to year. In the long run, they do about the same.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
I don't use PredictIt, but I'd bet that O'Malley gets the biggest post debate bump in the new markets for the Democratic debate, sheerly by the fact that he has way more room to bite into the "don't know/undecided" folks, while Hillary and Sanders aren't likely to move much.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Aliquid posted:

you have tons of posts in this thread talking about your bets

I use different sites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
There's your Missouri mention. All you no holders just lost!

• Locked thread