Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Buy up those Bush nos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

I hate to break it to you all, but he's gonna run. He hasn't done a single thing that would indicate he wasn't.

Hasn't he also not done a single thing to indicate he is?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

If you buy only correct choice shares are you guaranteed to make some amount of money?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Edit: Posted in the wrong thread somehow.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Necc0 posted:

If God intervenes in the election and Bobby Jindal or somebody manages to win I just make an extra buck in gross profit per batch so yeah it'd be a good thing. Very very unlikely though so my math assumes at least one of them fail.

I don't mean you specifically, I mean, if someone bets right, do they always make at least some money for it?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

Whenever I see a YouTube comment these days along the lines of "HILLARY IS GOING TO JAIL" I like to reply that they can make mad money on that bet.

The real trick will be somehow convincing them that this is like the White House petition site, if enough people buy YES face charges, it'll actually happen.

Do people with correct shares get more money if a lot of people buy wrong shares?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

MisterJed posted:

I'm ready to bet big on trump to win the nomination. He's at $0.28 and all the other republicans are collapsing.

Predictit shows the top two candidates on their graphics. For the republican nomination, it's bush and Rubio, but Rubio is a penny or two above trump. Once trump passes Rubio, the graphic will show trump, the floodgates will open and the trump price will skyrocket.

I also suggest we close the thread because I only want idiots participating in this site.

Don't worry, there are still plenty of idiots if Rubio is in the top two most predicted.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Concerned Citizen posted:

The SuperPAC stuff is public record. JobsthatareLEFT, a Dem staff job board, had them up (under the header "National Presidential Political Organization" or something to that effect, but the from line was connected with a Draft Biden employee). The finance stuff I heard about a week ago from a Dem staffer not connected with the Biden people. Their friend was approached about it. I've also heard from another source in Dem politics as well that folks have been approached about joining Biden staff. Again, just rumors. Nothing I can personally attest to, but I personally place credence in it.

That's insider trading.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

If you're sure Biden won't run, the best time to buy no would probably be right before his Colbert appearance when the bubble will burst.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I told you guys to buy short before the taping. Now Biden run's dropped 11 cents.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Aliquid posted:

Okay, Bernie winning Iowa: I'm sitting at $.71 NO and I can currently sell at $.40. I should definitely sit on this, right? Hillary's bound for a rebound, conventional wisdom says.

You probably shouldn't listen to me since I'm a Sanderista, but yes, it's only going to get worse.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Which republican will drop out next?

https://www.predictit.org/Home/SingleMarket?marketId=1576

Santorum or Pataki are good choices, but Jindal has a good chance of embarrassing an active political career so maybe he's feeling the heat?

Why are the buy yes costs so high on all of them?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Gyges posted:

Predictit needs to get some major press so that the place is swamped with the average voter types come November next year. It's much harder to make money off the polling when a sizable portion of the population isn't insisting the polls are skewed.

I like how smart it is about the predictions with a smaller, more objective userbase, but I guess I'll always have predictwise.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Gyges posted:

I kind of hope they keep having these and he keeps technically dropping out first every time.

Lol.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Yoshifan823 posted:

Watch his interview with Colbert and tell me that Biden is a man who thinks he can handle a year-plus long campaign. He wants to be president, but right now, he doesn't want to run for president. And I don't blame him.

Believe me, I'd be happy as poo poo if Biden ran (aside from the money I'd lose), especially because I might have a job result from that, but he's not gonna, unless something really changes with Hillary.

It's too bad, the "my dead gay son told me he wanted me to be president" narrative will go to waste.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Now's the time to buy up Biden Nos by the way. Even if you're wrong, it means Bernie will probably be our next president and you'll get money from his good economic policies. Win/win.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I can't believe how much the Republican field has flattened in the past week.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

TROIKA CURES GREEK posted:

You really have been in the echo chamber too long if you think bernie is "probably" going to be the next president.

If Hillary's campaign deteriorates enough for Biden to step in, I think Bernie has a good chance. That's not a fringe view, even Nate Silver said it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Why did Rubio nom shares rocket between the 15th and 20th?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I don't remember why I'm so sure Biden won't run, but I'm sticking to it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Crop of new rumors about Biden announcing today, so yes is up and no is down.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The reason he's leaving it uncertain is he'll only run if it looks like Hillary's imploding or will implode.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I'd like to debate with you about Biden's run chances but that just seems cruel since I don't have any money on it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

District Selectman posted:

Seems like it's free money to take NO on the biggest loser of the debate, if you bet Chaffee, O Malley or Webb. They're barely above 0%, they have no room to fall. Like, Clinton or Sanders could decrease due to polling error and it's worse than their maximum fall.

Do they define "biggest loser" in terms of absolute polling losses?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

EngineerSean posted:

Seems like Bernie's a good bet on YES there, he hasn't been debate prepping and I think there's definitely more than a 1 in 4 chance that he loses to Lifelong Career Politician Hillary

The caveat is that he still has low name recognition so even if he does bad it could be cancelled out by more people finding out about him.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

LOL CNN is touting and showing pix that it has a 6th podium on hand just in case Biden wants to waltz in, declare his candidacy, and show up to debate at 5:59:59 tomorrow in Las Vegas.

Watch for trackers following Biden's every move to breathlessly report on when he would have to catch a plane to make it to the debate from wherever he is at that moment.

EDIT:

Lol.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

What just happened here? https://www.predictit.org/Contract/1297/Will-Bernie-Sanders-see-the-worst-polling-impact-from-CNN#data1 (check out the 24 hour timescale)

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

From the comments it sounds like there's some fuckery with how the polls are measured, so they're going to be using ones from before the debate that already went down.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

It's good to see the Biden bubble finally burst because I have a big bag of I-told-you-sos I've been saving for it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oh poo poo, buy Biden Nos as fast as possible right now.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Lol I just saw the old Biden run featured comment about how it doesn't count if someone else with the same name runs for president.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I just hope when he officially announces no, I'm quick enough to cancel all of my sell orders (staggered at 66, 75, and 90) and put them up at 97.

Doesn't predictit itself "buy" your orders for a dollar when that happens?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Why would you sell a winning prediction for 0.97 at the last second instead of just waiting for the $1 payout?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The Biden market has inflated all the way back up to its pre-debate bubble. Get those Nos while they're hot.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

nachos posted:

Biden no is back around .50 now that we've gotten through another weekend

.45 currently, was .40 when I posted earlier. Just make sure you get them before that Democratic dinner, because after that it's straight downhill. An especially daring gambler would wait until there's some kind of false hope right before the dinner that would cause a surge, like Biden's podium for the CNN debate.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Biden at 70/30 and I still don't believe it.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

If Biden runs I'll never be able to make political predictions again, but if he doesn't I'll become incredibly powerful.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Gyges posted:

Really wish I didn't have a bunch of shares over 50 that I didn't get sold off yet. That's way more sub 30 shares I could have bought. Hoping the market bounces up high enough after Biden doesn't announce in the next day or so to get rid of them and buy up on the next low.

If you have the money available I'd buy now and wait for the cashout from all of them. It's pretty iffy whether the market will deflate AND reinflate again after this. I think it's the last hurrah.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Gyges posted:

Really wish I didn't have a bunch of shares over 50 that I didn't get sold off yet. That's way more sub 30 shares I could have bought. Hoping the market bounces up high enough after Biden doesn't announce in the next day or so to get rid of them and buy up on the next low.

Okay, well, I still wouldn't sell until it's at 97.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

To be clear: my insistence that Biden won't run isn't wishful thinking, because I actually want him to.

• Locked thread