Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I have a poo poo load of Bernie and Trump Nos, and I regret both since it'll take forever for these markets to resolve and in the meantime I don't have the liquidity to fleece morons in the short term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

JeffersonClay posted:

Trump is at 22 cents to win the nomination. I'm betting that price will go up before he implodes.

Yeah I'm so annoyed. Before the first debate, I had a few hundred shares of Trump No at like 84 cents each. Then I sold them all at 89 before jumping back in at 81. Except now it is 77 and I clearly rejoined too early. I mean, I will still make a nice profit, but I clearly underestimated the stupidity of the market

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

JeffersonClay posted:

Hillary to be president is also crazy low at 46. Swallow your berniepride and make some dollaz.

This is bad advice. Not because she's unlikely to win, but because tying your money up for 15 months when there are tons of easier bets is a waste.

Hillary Presidential shares won't increase until after she wins the primary. And you can bet on her winning the primary, make nearly as much, and have it resolve sooner.

(In my opinion Its not worth it to bet on anything but a sure thing on this site. Patience will let you rip off the stupids, just more slowly than you'd like.)

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Zeta Taskforce posted:

Not on here (yet) but when I go there I found the current prices for the Republican nomination. When you add these numbers up you get 224%. Is there some way to exploit this oddity, like somehow bet against all of them and make a risk free bet?

I read the FAQ and I know you lose 5% when you redeem your money, it might be tedious to set up the bets, and you would need to put up a lot of money on the lower tier for a very small payout, but there is no way Ben Carson has a 13% chance, Jindal 7% or Rand 12%

Jeb Bush 39¢
Marco Rubio 27¢
Scott Walker 24¢
Donald Trump 20¢
John Kasich 16¢
Ted Cruz 15¢
Carly Fiorina 14¢
Ben Carson 13¢
Rand Paul 12¢
Chris Christie 11¢
Mitt Romney 7¢
Bobby Jindal 7¢
Mike Huckabee 6¢
Rick Santorum 6¢
Rick Perry 5¢
Lindsey Graham 3¢
Paul Ryan 2¢
Mike Pence 2¢
George Pataki 2¢
Sarah Palin 1¢
Susana Martinez 1¢

This is a waste of time and budget. First of all, there aren't sufficient volumes of No shares being sold at anything below like 97 cents for basically everyone from Carson on down. Second, as you say, it would require massive investments to make roughly a 2% profit. Third, you would not see those profits until next summer at the convention. Fourth, if you don't mind investing tons of money for little return, you can do that for the sure thing bets each week (direction of country, Obama approval, congress approval). There is always some on sale at 98 or 99 cents even after the result is known, since who the hell releases a poll after like 7pm on a Friday?

• Locked thread