Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

thanks for this.

also, seems like buying no on the Rs winning the white house is a great bet. $.54 to win a dollar on the event that Ds win the white house? heck yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

which bet's that?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

oh, is r-370 the bet about the Rs taking the WH, senate, and house? yea, a no there seems pretty drat safe.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

hmm, i'm not even seeing the r-370 bet. and yea, agreed you're way better off betting on the WH outcome given the prices.

e: thanks for the link

abelwingnut has issued a correction as of 16:13 on Aug 21, 2015

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, i'm buying lots of yes on trump. should be able to make a good profit on that after the next debate or two. really hoping he lasts and wins the iowa caucus. that price would soar.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the polling ones aren't bad. you need to check each poll used by that site, then start doing the algebra to figure out what the unknown polls need to be for x to happen.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

"Necc0"[/quote posted:

There is. PredictIt hosted a party in DC a while ago and I got to meet a bunch of their 'high rollers' and it was interesting to see all the different strategies and approaches people have. The guy who's made by far the most money simply waited until the polls were already announced but the market still open and would either max out the cap ($850) or buy up all the remaining shares on the market. When I talked to him he'd made over $10k and that was a while ago when the volume wasn't near what it is now.

but wouldn't those surefire shares be $.99? and wouldn't the $.01 return get taken by predictit's fee?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yes on the october shutdown is zooming up. when's a good time to sell, you think?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2015/09/21/senate-republicans-working-on-plan-to-avoid-a-shutdown/

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm pretty sure it's not a bad thing for those holding YES in 'will the government shut down?'. anti-abortionists won't vote for it if it lacks language de-funding PP. and if it does, the senate likely won't pass it, and obama would certainly veto it. there's been no headway.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yea, it'd be great if you could short and long

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

only suckers vote on polls :cool:

seriously, there are too many moving pieces involved with them. and for what? there's little return. give me events and nothing more. plenty of money to make in those.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

why would boehner leaving avoid the shutdown?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the comments constantly mention a 'gallup dude/dudette'. apparently they act around 1230pm ET on any markets involving gallup, 30m before the official release of gallup's numbers. somehow you can follow this person and ride the swings.

has anyone witnessed this?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is now the time to buy NO on biden? will the price likely drop in the next day or two?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what happened to the house majority leader market? price was at 85 a few days ago and scalise was at 15. does scalise really have a chance? didn't he...you know, speak at KKK events?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

made about 60% of my funds on tonight's debate. time to put most of that on BIDENNO? seems kind of expensive at $.57, but he has to decide soon, right?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Zeta Taskforce posted:

If anyone wants to make a guaranteed 5% return and you can hold out for a week there are 340 shares at 95 right now for Chafee to be the biggest CNN debate loser. He is currently polling at 0.3%

which means he can only lose .3%. do you really think no one else will lose more than .3%?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

EngineerSean posted:

Yeah which is why the NO bet is a good bet even at 95%, the only possibility for a loss exists with Biden saying "I'm completely out" and everyone else seeing a gain that Chafee doesn't see.

completely forgot you were advocating NO by the end of that. apologies.

i think webb might be a smart YES there, but only if RCP includes three or four polls post-debate. no idea if that'll happen. i'm guessing hillary ultimately loses the most, but as cheap as webb is it's worth a dollar or so.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so what you're saying is buy YES shares at $.35 right now. then flip those for $.50 this weekend?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

bought a cool 100 shares of BIDENNO at $.50. i can't see it going much lower than that. maybe down to low $.40s, but still worth getting now.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

you guys on mobile are in for a treat!

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

PI changed how they display your performance. on mobile you only see gain/loss.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what the heck the biden nos are back to $.40? zero sense.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

at $.34 now. jesus.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

and FOX news is reporting he's running from a few sources.

not sure what to do now...

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

this is so, so silly.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

seems like a good rule of thumb fr playing the swings in this market is to buy shares when they're < $.35 and sell your shares when they're > $.65.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

BIDEN NO dropping again. who knows why now.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

we're in the middle of another swing, boys.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

my guess: wednesday's market will wrecking-ball around a lot like monday's market. remember, on monday several talking heads were saying something'd happen within 48hr. predictitors won't forget that. plus, biden's speaking to URI. they're going to shake and bake at every little tweet.

because of this, i say sell what you have now and buy low tomorrow. those NO shares will come down to low .20s, high .10s if the swings are anything like monday's. and if you're feeling antsy, still sell and head to the paul ryan market.

i guess my point is i don't see the market going above $.32 for the next 8hr. might as well sell and buy NO low.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Stereotype posted:

As a note: right now is, according to traders, the most reasonable evidence that Biden will run. Not 3 months ago when he actually had a chance and there was a ton of time. Now, after a major debate with two clear front runners. This market is stupid. This is the highest it has been.

what evidence?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

biden's speaking now...

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

oooooohhhhh yeeeeeaaaaas

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

trying to sell at $.99. some orders are going through, i think.

made a cool $270. :)

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so RYANNO is looking good to me. thoughts?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

lost $100 of my biden winnings because of the tortilla coast. of course the first time they compromise on something it's when i'm betting on them...

ugh

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

jeb will drop out next? no loving way. dude still has multiple millions left to spend. he's not going anywhere until at least super tuesday, i don't care how bad he looks right now. and his dad dying will only boost his numbers. i agree he won't be the candidate, but saying he'll drop out next is crazy.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

drat, i cashed out last thursday and received my check today. i was not expecting it for at least two weeks or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

205 pennsylvania avenue, se
washington, dc 20003

• Locked thread