Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

thoughts? most everything here is in the short-to-medium term but i'm kinda happy with my portfolio where it's at through september 1 at least. i'm prepared to cash out a few of them just for more day-trading options since things are too crazy not to

bernmentum is loving me, i think i need to hold that into january

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

my portfolio hasn't seriously changed in a month; I bought romney shares at .05 in the event of a multi-round convention

same with biden; i think out of everyone i'm ready to sell him the fastest

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lol bidenrun shot up from .51 to .58 this afternoon and there's still like 78 shares left at that price. i'm out

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

Isn't gambling on a presidential election a federal crime?

gambling sites are people, my friend

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

holy poo poo, biden at 73/30? lol god dammit

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm still a little exposed on No shares for Bernie winning Iowa and they took another nosedive again; googled "iowa poll" and sure 'nuff, the Register released one not two hours ago

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Yoshifan823 posted:

Would they be pro- or anti-Iran deal? I assume pro, because that means more oil, but they're pure evil, and I can't pretend to know how that works.

Pro. Big Oil is about the only American industry that can regularly tell Israel to get hosed.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I just sold all my Walker NO shares at .85, someone put up over 100 shares at several cents above the next-best offer. That just freed up a bunch for day-trading, though I still think Jeb has a ways to plummet.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Romney YES spread is 10/5 now, lol

The primary is such an absolute clusterfuck that I actually don't think that's a bad price.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://www.predictit.org/Home/SingleOption?marketId=1559#data1

Jeb is already underwater in the RCP average and he's had a bad week. NO should win out in the end and steadily trend toward 100% throughout the month imo, y'all jump in on it now.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

We're two weeks from the debate, I have no problem taking both those bets for at least until the day of the debate.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tinstaach posted:

I like the No side of Jeb! polling below 10% on September 30, at least in the short term. There's a CNN poll from 8/16 that has him at 13, once that goes away his RCP average will be down to 8. Plus Trump's probably going to make him cry at the debate.

This is why I'm holding, I was able to buy in at 51. I'm prepared to dump if he does something good on Colbert tomorrow, but that's unlikely imo.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

PredictIt now has Bernie Sanders favored to win Iowa if y'all want to stock up on NO shares. I have Bernie at NO at .71 and have to hold on probably until December :(

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'd say that's a good buy around November of next year to sell in January.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

I don't think so.

it's a joke

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I think Boehner would rather break the Hastert Rule than give in to the crazies and shut everything down again. Just bought big into NO.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The crazies were more important last Congress, but this round has more Republicans period, therefore Boehner's buffer is larger.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

^^ You actually think someone other than Mr. T will attack Carson?

DaveWoo posted:

So, who had Rick Perry in the "first to drop out" pool?

I, at one point, owned 152 shares of Perry YES :v:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I bought about 50 shutdown NO shares at $.51 and I'm keeping them. McConnell, Cornyn and Boehner are publicly against a shutdown and like I said on the previous page, Boehner has a larger buffer between the goal line and the crazies because of 2014 gains.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I can't stomach the volatility, y'all really think the YES will bump up toward the deadline despite all signs pointing toward NO?

edit goddamn that's a good sell price, but an eight-cent differential on the buy/sell may be too much for me.

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 08:36 on Sep 15, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Okay, Bernie winning Iowa: I'm sitting at $.71 NO and I can currently sell at $.40. I should definitely sit on this, right? Hillary's bound for a rebound, conventional wisdom says.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I can't see Santorum dropping out before Iowa. It would be too sad.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Oh, this is cool.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

JEB! is still trading way higher than what should be the case.

fronz posted:

I bought 100 shares that Rubio was going to win the debate for some reason. Luckily they were like 12 cents. I'm hoping there's a bump when the next poll comes out so I can unload them.

When the next poll comes out, the market will close.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

GREXIT is still my only bad decision to date. I won big on the Greek Referendum and dove straight into grexit without thinking; bought at .43 and sold at .19. It's at .08 right now.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fronz posted:

How do you get that from the rules here? I can only read that as that it closes on the 23rd.

Ah, you're playing that market until its dying hours. That's what I meant anyway; it'll only take a few days until the post-debate polls come out and it'll close. I guess you'll see some weird swings between now and then.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Because of the reasons I detailed upthread. I'm still in big on NO.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

fronz posted:

It's only 80 cents to buy that Walker will not be the next to drop out (Yes is selling for 38). If that price goes down some more it'd be a steal, no way Kochs give up on him so early.

There's a Wisconsin debate in November. Someone else will drop out before that; Walker NO is a sure bet.

I just got back in on Biden NO :getin:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Biden NO down to .32, free money imo

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the government better not loving shut down i swear to god

i still don't think it'll happen; if you're on the YES side i'd dump after it goes above .55 or .60

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Got a nice ride out of my Biden YES so I flipped it into Shutdown YES at 52 cents. This thing is going down the wire, so I figure the longer I hold on, the better. I plan on cashing out on that final afternoon at whatever I can get for my shares.

i'd cash out the day before; things tend to get leaked and nothing ever actually comes down to the wire on CSPAN

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

Biden NO is climbing, I think I'm gonna sidle on out of that market with a pretty profit instead of trusting my gut that he's not running.

thanks for the heads up, i'm starting to dump at .45

and with that trade, i'm now in the black since i signed up lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

That's exactly what's happening. I sold all my,no shares but two at .45, then refreshed and 100 more .45 shares were available so I got out completely.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bush NO was about 60% of my portfolio but I've been slowly liquidating them at a small profit to get more feisty in betting.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh my loving god he dropped out

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tinstaach posted:

Man, I thought Huckabee was the worst, but Walker just cost me 30 bucks. gently caress him.

i do a lot of bets that are on other sides of the seesaw between getting money and real-life benefit; for instance, I have money on Bernie not winning Iowa. If he wins, I lose money but I'll still be happy.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Necc0 posted:

I had 70 shares on him not winning the primary :whatup:

I had over 120, bought at .80 and sold at .84 months ago lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I just bought into Biden NO when I saw it was down to .43 again, then I read the comments, then I freaked the gently caress out and came here. I think I'm going to hold on.

If they close the market because of this poo poo I'm cashing out and am done with the site; Necc0 is correct in that it'll ruin their reputation.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

platzapS posted:

Is there any rhyme or reason to the way RealClearPolitics updates its polling average?

I'm pretty sure they have an approved list of polling outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it seems PI is slightly falling for this technicality bullshit

• Locked thread