Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I just realized I have no loving idea if Biden is going to run or not and why am i betting on this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Woke up late, checked politico, dumped my NO shutdown shares at .91.

I'm super-over-exposed on Biden NO with about 60% of my portfolio in it and it's slowly sinking

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Took my NO shutdown proceeds and bought into McCarthy YES split between .65 and .66, seems like a good bet to me.

edit whoa that shot up fast, now there are only 50 shares available between .69 and .73. I'm out of money, y'all get 'em while they're hot

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

edit nm bad post

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 00:26 on Sep 28, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Rubio's got a small surge going on; people are betting he'll overtake Bush soon.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

So because my portfolio is pretty much a bunch of NOs on random GOP candidates, I'll benefit from this stupid bullshit?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I don't even know: in horse-racing, do the odds on all the horses add up to 1?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

At least BidenRun showed some movement today. My portolio has almost reached its post-Greek Referendum high.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Well I just went up 20% overnight. Dunno if I should hold onto my McCarthy YES and Biden NO, they're about 80% of my portfolio right now and may be inflated.

As I spoke, someone spiked Biden NO from .54 to .58 for no reason and I got out.

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 18:22 on Oct 1, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I still think that too; if I can buy in at YES .42-ish I'll ride that coaster. It looks like the numbers are pretty 'soft', they have very few bets separating each cent and could fluctuate more.

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 18:47 on Oct 1, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

In other news, I bought into GOP NO on winning the KY governor's race. It's happening next month and Bevin is shooting himself in the foot at every opportunity so I think it's a lock.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Gyges posted:

Odd year Governor elections are weird and states not on the even number bandwagon should feel bad about themselves.

Agreed, Virginia in particular sucks at that.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Biden NO didn't drop at all today, just a quick dip this afternoon around 50/50.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm starting to feel Rubio YES is overvalued

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

A lot are pretty arbitrary, like Grexit or Biden 2015.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Biden NO is getting cheap, can't say I'm not nervous though

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pathetic little tramp posted:

Ugh why won't they let me profit on Jeb nomination NO? I'm just trying to sell at 72, but that fucker can't move the needle past 69.

Yeah I sold and got out, Jeb's market is too slow.

I apparently got drunk last night and bought into Rubio NO, I think this was a mistake.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

"That said, it is reasonable to expect that aggregate prices that are far above $1 are going to fall. By aligning the price of shares to the risk involved, it is likely that demand for “No” shares will rise, leading to an increase in price for those shares and therefore, a fall in the price of “Yes” shares. The degree of this change will vary from market to market, contract to contract, and will ultimately be determined by you."

fun

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

So when looking at a question with a binary outcome, it won't matter whether I buy A YES or B NO?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fuckin' same. There are 2500 shares of Biden NO available at .37 and those will last all day, so I figure that's a good buy-in spot. I sold about $15 worth of Rubio NO to strengthen my Bidens

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I blame the Onion. I dunno, people just like the guy and I guess that makes them act irrationally. I like Biden, too, but facts is facts

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Looks like Biden may have stabilized for the day. At one point I was able to pick up exactly one share of NO at .35

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Oh, if he actually announces, I'm hosed.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jewel Repetition posted:

The reason he's leaving it uncertain is he'll only run if it looks like Hillary's imploding or will implode.

It also helps get non-negative news coverage for the Democrats in a cycle otherwise dominated but the GOP. When he declines, it'll be good for the party, making Hilldawg look like a strong and capable candidate; she may even get his endorsement.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I think I'm the only one itt to actually screenshot picks and investment amounts. People rightfully hold their cards to their chest. I'm in this for $20 total plus $40 of a friend's money so I'm not actually concerned with min-maxing and ROI, it's the camaraderie and speculation that makes me want to post tbh

this is interesting poo poo and the stuff we talk about is worth much more to me personally than the actual money invested

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

When did Michael Bloomberg announce he was running??

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Not as a Republican, and probably never.

edit ah, I thought he was up in the primary market, not the general market.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Yeah, frankly, "people buying things they care about" is how you lose money. It takes dispassion.

Since we're all emotional beings it's impossible to rid this of ourselves completely, but I like my method: I'll buy shares in events or people where I'd be disappointed if the outcome goes my way. That way, either I make money or a good thing happens, like my Bernie NO shares for Iowa.

vvv that too, gently caress poll markets

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 03:08 on Oct 8, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

new page reminder that, if you're reading this, announcing would gently caress me to my core in a bad way, joe

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I had McCarthy YES up until a week ago and I still have no idea why I sold since he seemed like such a sure bet. Yikes.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the best part about PredictIt is coming here to speculate, ugh today was hard

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

.40 Biden NO still available, I'm sitting at 60% of my portfolio on Biden NO at .41 but I don't have the money to buy in. I have the feeling November is going to be a good month for establishment dems

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Zeta Taskforce posted:

The Yes contract is in the 6 or 7 range. I bought some up to hedge my Biden No position. So low there is hardly any downside. I don't think he's going to run, but assuming he jumps in the race (in the next few days) the CNN debate Yes is going to massively surge.

The debate's in like 53 hours, though.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Someone's currently making a run on Biden NO.

For the amount of shares out there, there's surprisingly thin ice between .45 and .50. This may swing hard? I really have no idea.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gently caress, Biden NO rebounded hard while I was out drinking and I can't buy in again tonight.

It looks like NO is softer than YES, which has a hard barrier at .49 and even harder at .50.

"Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth day. At dawn look to the east."

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 08:56 on Oct 13, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

District Selectman posted:

Cashed out of all of my Biden No's to run. I still like it, but there's free money in the mean time. Hopefully some silly story comes out that gets people all riled up again.

Unless you see a quick return on your other stuff, I think you made a mistake. A lot of Biden YES people were hedging on Hillary flaming out in the debate, and now that she's shown she's fine on stage it seems less likely he jumps in. Plus, the market will essentially close (or jump up to .80ish and stay there) on Halloween which isn't that far away, investment-wise.

edit: just checked and cha-ching

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bought around $0.40, sold around $0.55, I'm ok with that. That's almost 40% return on a max bet. Only have to wait a week for the debate stuff to close out, then I'll see where Biden is at again. I've got about half a max bet for Diamond Joe NO for the D Nom, so I'll be happy either way.

Yeah, all this did was really calm my nerves and reassure myself since I'm at about 75% in on Biden NO now, average .41.

edit 75% of my portfolio, not 75% of $850. Yikes.

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 05:42 on Oct 14, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

good, goooood *temples fingers*

EDIT :siren: it's happening, hold off if you want more Biden NO

Hey, can I see ALL buy/sell orders or am I only privy to the top five? The top five almost gives me an indication of the liquidity of the market but not quite.

i say swears online has issued a correction as of 06:21 on Oct 14, 2015

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Cmon son, max bet that poo poo

this is student loan money, don't prod my ego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

EngineerSean posted:

I know I'm some kind of gambling addict because the the hundred dollars I made in four hours last night buying at 50 and selling at 60 is way better than sitting at my desk manipulating numbers and making two hundred an hour.

It's really fun, way better than actual gambling because I finally found a reason why I've spent the last decade reading worthless political news. I was just developing instincts.

• Locked thread