Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ditocoaf posted:

There's Hillary Yes, Trump No, Woman President Yes, Kaine Yes, Pence No, and Democrat Yes and Republican No. All basically equivilant.

Of all of these, Republican No has been sitting at 2-4 cents cheaper (both buy and sell) than the others almost all the time, no clue why. At one point I sold all my Hillary Yesses for 83 cents and bought Repub Nos at 79.

Just signed up to buy Repub Nos with $100, maximum number of shares sold, welp buying Dem Yes instead for now. Time to :getin: on this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Bought 2 shares of "Will a UNLV debate moderator say “lock her up"?" Yes @ $.16 per share because I have 32 cents lying around on that site now.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Necc0 posted:

Looks like the tide finally broke in the VP market and is slowly retreating.

In it to win it with another $200 @ .66 per share. $300 total into Hilldawg beating Trump now. Wish I had more to play with but since technically I could lose it all I'm playing with cash I won't cry over.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm debating on setting up .99c sell orders to cash out quicker and then re-buy into other markets with house money (and possibly some of my deposit - depending on how things look) after the election but before the electoral college does their thing.

What markets do people see as being good buys post-Tuesday?

I'm considering "Will Comey resign in 2016" to be good odds with "Nos" selling for .75 currently.

Thoughts?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Necc0 posted:

There's going to be MASSIVE volatility after the election / markets close as tons of money gets dumped into everyone's accounts and they all go nuts with it. There's no telling what will happen but there will almost certainly be good opportunities

Fair enough point there, .99 sell orders set. If they resolve in time for me to play other markets cool, otherwise I'll wait till electoral college to cash out.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Ended up deciding to toss $75 on Florida going Dem. If I'm wrong I'll still be up from the overall Dem win. Wish I'd had that line of thought last night when I could have doubled my FL money :v:

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

tangy yet delightful posted:

Ended up deciding to toss $75 on Florida going Dem. If I'm wrong I'll still be up from the overall Dem win. Wish I'd had that line of thought last night when I could have doubled my FL money :v:

Got out of this with a $13 loss. The uncalled counties went heavy Trump in 2012. I think he takes FL.

edit: Got into Ohio with RepNO for 65c.

edit2: For anyone curious I'm using politico's election map data from 2012 to determine how many net votes each county that hasn't turned in results yet will get each candidate. My sample size is all of FL and OH so far, but I think with some minor refinement this could be a useful strategy for playing day of results with money you can afford to lose.

tangy yet delightful has issued a correction as of 02:33 on Nov 9, 2016

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

florida tanked heavy, currently in mid 40s, not looking great. has anyone besides tangy cut bait?

The last 2 counties aren't going to get Hillary the 68K she needs to pass Donald. I would recommend bailing if you can.

Note: not financial advice, I may be totally wrong and the vote totals can somehow adjust from the heavily democratic counties that have already reported later

edit: 1 county left and Donald has a 81K lead now.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Viking_Helmet posted:

I got spooked and cut for a few bucks loss, but I only had 50 shares in.

Buy into OH against Rep and win it back :v:

WHAT COULD GO WRONG

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

RepNo is ridiculously going DOWN with only 1 county to go. BUY OH AAAAAAAa

you're welcome Snow Job

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

now im like oh god what if I'm wrong about FL and OH

definitely weirdness but it's kept me entertained so far tonight

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

i cut 1/3 of my shares at cost but im probably stuck with a big loss if clinton cant even up with the next Broward dumps

So full openness on my part here, I am a retard and didn't realize the colored counties by Google weren't like fully reported in and they were just coloring based on segmented "dumps" of votes.

I did realize this about 5 minutes ago as I finally saw the light gray "XX% Reporting" percentage in their UI. FL is at 74% at this point.

OH is only at 28% (and actually Donald just took the lead by 200 votes).

So I may have hosed myself on Ohio.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

sincx posted:

I only bet on national markets. I'm slightly up right now still. Should I sell?

If you bet on Hillary winning I would hold.

But what do I know, I just probably lost $60 in Ohio because I mis-read vote data :)

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

I'm staying firm on my piddly $375 and hoping Hilldawg comes out on top to get a slight positive withdraw.

Good luck my big money bros.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Elephanthead posted:

I would rather Manning die in prison the lose the five bucks I did.

That certainly is one viewpoint.

I didn't look at the market myself but I guess they are counting a commutation as a pardon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Stereotype posted:

I made a few hundred dollars last year and just put a bunch of money in on Jones winning since the comments in those markets are filled with insane true believers.

I hope you are right and have been looking at some good data to back up your bet. Living down here in TN (which is, I will say, not as bad as AL) does not fill me with confidence that Jones will win.

• Locked thread