Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm still pretty miffed that the "First GOP contender to drop out" was resolved to be Jindal when the dude is still putting out campaign ads on Youtube and tweeting like a candidate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Gotta say, I'm feeling pretty salty that Jindal is an option in the current Next-To-Drop-Out market when he already "dropped out" per the first such market.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I can't believe Jim Webb Indy Run Yes shares are under $0.50. I bought at $0.60 or so and thought it was a steal. Is there really a strong chance he would do something so obviously dumb and quixotic?

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Necc0 posted:

He's making noise to secure funding. I don't see how him running as an independent will suddenly grant him the donors that weren't lining up behind him when he had a D on his name.

Put differently: if he was running why hasn't he filed the papers yet?

Pretty much this. Everyone knows and Indy run is doomed so the only reasons I can think to do it are:

a) gently caress you wealthy (Perot)
b) Campaign cum Book Tour
c) Insanely large ego

and none of those seem to fit for Webb.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Goddamnit, gently caress you Webb. :( What could possibly be your motivation here?

• Locked thread