Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migeman
Aug 1, 2011

Welcome to WET. It was released the 18th of September in 2009 on PS3 and Xbox 360. It's a pretty fun game, it's not exactly highly rated, but it is underrated. It's got a few positives though, unfortunately the story isn't one of them. It's got great music, it's a good looking game, the gameplay is fun.

It's not a very long game so I shall be sticking to an episode a week. I don't mind spoilers if they are blacked out but like I say the stories not the best.

WET Part 1
WET Part 2
WET Part 3
WET Part 4

Music - In order of appearance
Insane
The Offer
Grazy in the Head
Switchblade Kiss Comes Close
Desert Slaying
El Diablo
Radium Rag
She's Lost Control
Scream
Western Rock

Migeman fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Sep 16, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I see somebody on the development teram watched Grindhouse.

Edit: Please tell me you get another set of guns besides those pistols. I have a feeling the game could get quite tedious if you don't.

Samovar fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Aug 22, 2015

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
You do get more weapons. But the handguns have infinite ammo so I use the other weapons till they run out of ammo. But unfortunately I use them the most.
I've got the sound of those bullets stuck in my head.

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
I saw some press about this game on G4. The two aspects I remember were people being excited that Eliza Dushku does voice work and that the title comes from "wetwork." I don't know if the PR team was trying to show of their cleverness or were trying to avoid unwanted speculation, but they really liked to mention the part about "wetwork."

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

The game was okay, but the soundtrack is amazing. Psychobilly gets a bad rap, man.

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all
This game has really been on my "should probably play" list.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

When are people going to stop using the goddamn Wilhelm Scream?

Sel Nar
Dec 19, 2013

azren posted:

About when it stops being funny, so never.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011

azren posted:

I feel as though it kinda fits in with the game. I normally hate.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Sel Nar posted:

About when it stops being funny, so never.

Migeman posted:

I feel as though it kinda fits in with the game. I normally hate.

My problem is more with stuff that's meant to be taken seriously, so I guess this game isn't the right thing to snap at. :shobon:

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
Alright guys, I'm back with part 2, it's a bit slower paced than part 1 but it's the most sort of tutorial you get now for the rest of the game. The Boneyard stuff is a bit more spaced out from now on.
WET Part 2

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

The parts where there is no music is such a stupid thing, Psychobilly is amazing. Oh and the game looks fun... I'm really only here for the music.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'll say this much, the character designs are... unique.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011

Spudd posted:

The parts where there is no music is such a stupid thing, Psychobilly is amazing. Oh and the game looks fun... I'm really only here for the music.

I agree so much. I just don't understand their placement of the silence. I'm going to update the op with some of the better songs so far without my voice.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Migeman posted:

I agree so much. I just don't understand their placement of the silence. I'm going to update the op with some of the better songs so far without my voice.

You're doing the Lord's work son. This is a unique soundtrack. Switchblade Kiss Comes Close is my favourite so far.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
My favourite song is coming up in the next video, along with one of my favourite parts of the game.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Spudd posted:

You're doing the Lord's work son. This is a unique soundtrack. Switchblade Kiss Comes Close is my favourite so far.

Basically, any of the Gypsy Pistoleros tracks in this game are great. Never heard of them before I got this game, but now they're a permanent fixture on my playlists.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
Hey guys. I'm back with Part 3. Sorry for the delay been busy with MGS5.

WET Part 3

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well this introduces some interesting stuff. I like the Rage mode look, but it seems to just come out of nowhere with no explanation. It makes me think of a Suda 51 game. I think it would work better as a power up unless it's got a narrative use.

And I dig the harmonica interlude and sliding upside down ladders.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Ah, and NOW I see the developers watched Sin City.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Harmonica loading screen ownd, and I loved that art style to that one section. If you wanted to add music to the musicless you could always ask the thread for some suggestions or pick some new stuff, always up for hearing new music's.

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
Hey guys. Sorry about the delay. I'll update the OP with the music a bit later on.
WET Part 4

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

There's a potential gem of a game here but I think I've started to notice a bit of a pattern in its gameplay :v:

I can see the aesthetic, the music, and the combat working really well together if it had more of a budget to expand into different enemies and more ways to use the environment but there's just not enough stuff to sustain what they're trying to do.

I'd still love to see where this goes though.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Nice. See you next month

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby
Using your sword as a crowbar is probably a silly thing to get hung up on in a game like this, but it's driving me crazy.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

The Casualty posted:

Using your sword as a crowbar is probably a silly thing to get hung up on in a game like this, but it's driving me crazy.

I'd be more okay with it if it were a different kind of sword. Not a lot, but at least a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Migeman
Aug 1, 2011
Alright lads. As you can guess I haven't uploaded anything for a few months. I just couldn't really be bothered to record anymore I found the game so hard to talk over to be honest.

So, sorry if anyone has been waiting for another episode and that. I thought I at least owed some kind of explanation.

• Locked thread