Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
At this point, I'd like to have the Baylor apologists defend the schools actions after Ukwauchu was charged with rape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

anne frank fanfic posted:

Our rapists actually eventually go to jail -Baylors new recruiting slogan

ftfy

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Gauntlet status: thrown down.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

The defense rests.

loving cadet freshmen, they do whatever they're told.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

hahaha when Will loving Muschamp says "nah we're good. this guy is too lovely of a person for my liking" you must really be a god awful piece of poo poo

Eh, the Florida D wasn't the problem under Muschamp anyway.

All I'm saying is that if Ukwauchu could play under center, he'd have been in orange/blue.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

sportsgenius86 posted:

you could say this about pretty much anyone

Depends on program need, and Muschamp needed a loving QB to save his job.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think if you are looking at a rape scandal as an opportunity to talk trash on a divisional rival you are actually a huge piece of poo poo.

Like anyone is looking for an opportunity to talk poo poo on a division rival. That opportunity is every second of every day, gently caress the Saints, amen.

But yeah, I get your meaning. If you cackle with glee because "lol rape scandal, you fuckers!" then yes, you're a huge piece of poo poo.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

pro-click

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Good, gently caress him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chidingly offering advice to someone who's already been victimized isn't really a good idea.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Jubs posted:

Ken Starr did an interview with ESPN. Things did not go well.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sir Plus posted:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

How does this keep getting worse?

It all depends on what you think the word "I" is?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I feel like we've graduated to full blown debacle at this point.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

NC-17 posted:

They really have the dumbest PR people in the world advising them.

JUST RIP THE BANDAID OFF

My guess, the fallout from whatever is in that report would be worse than the fallout of them not releasing the report.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I do not understand the propensity in certain individuals to just flatly disbelieve victims of abuse...

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It used to take a plane crash to blow up a program like this, but in today's wussy-run bullshit states of gaymerica, a few girls lie about getting molested and it's a lost decade. - some baylor fan, probably

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Toilet Mouth posted:

As difficult as rape accusations are to confirm, as we've seen at Baylor and also everywhere, I don't see anything wrong with the administration saying, "look, it's probably in everyone's best interest if you just leave." If he's committed a crime, it's not going to shield him from the criminal charges. If he's guilty, they've managed to get rid of a predator (for once), and if he's innocent, they're sparing him the life-ruining ramifications of going through an investigation under the microscope of the national press (the findings won't matter, he'll have had his name and "rape allegations" showing up together for months by the time it's over).

Maybe I'm showing my ignorance, but my impression is that the point of a campus investigation is to determine whether the student deserves punishment up to or including expulsion or not, not to create the all-time authoritative account of what exactly happened.

Edit: Make no mistake, I think there are plenty of valid criticisms to make of how Baylor has handled everything, I just think this is an odd thing to key in on.

You don't see anything wrong with allowing an alleged rapist to walk away, unpunished and uninvestigated?

What's your mom/sister/wife/daughters address so we can pass it along to the Baylor admin? I'm sure you'll get a loving clue about why that is a horrifying proposition.

Getting "rid of a predator for once" by pushing them on another school is gross as gently caress, bruh!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

pillsburysoldier posted:

So, for, like, practice? I mean, sure, if the rape was unique enough, where its investigation challenged and pushed against current protocols to show they were lacking, or it demonstrated a hole in how the victims or due process were accommodated or not. These are absolutely worthy considerations. But due process is shot once the alleged perpetrator leaves, since he or she cannot defend him or her self. If you don't have a state entity with some form of police restricting the perpetrators movements and allowing them to defend themselves, it's kind of a poo poo show. You can't exactly have someone play a stand-in for the accused and then somehow count that among the required statistics and data they have to take. And on top of that, the institution now has to count the incident against itself with the federal statistics for someone they can say, is not a student.

They can go through the motions with a real rape victim sitting against a strawman rapist in their process to continuously modify and self-evaluate, and that can be useful, but it also seems, I dunno, making light of it. I don't even think most victims would even want to play a part in that, even for the sake of self-improvement for the school, but good for them if they can do that sort of thing. Maybe they don't need to involve the victim if the victim doesn't feel justice can be served there, I dunno. It's really tricky, it seems

No, dipshit, not for practice. So they can learn how to protect their students and develop a healthy loving paranoia about accepting abusers.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

I don't even understand why colleges have police in the first place. Some sort of security force makes sense, of course, but actual police from the local government should be doing the actual police work.

A lot of schools exist in places where they are bigger than the adjoining town/city. It just makes more sense for them to employ their own public safety officers than rely on the police in their county/town.

In fact, my college's "police" are contracted by the town it's in to respond to 911 calls for the city proper, because they are 30 minutes closer than the nearest sheriffs office.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
:stare:

Holy poo poo, is this story ever going to turn up for Baylor?

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jun 21, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Jesus Christ. 5'd

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

There's only one dog I care about.

Pop Dog?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

anne frank fanfic posted:

ok, i was all for supporting the rape because it was most likely another clinton conspiracy to bring down waco after the failed attempt in 93, but seeing a black person grow up in a situation where they don't think about dogs like white people do is the last straw and im FULLY supporting the baylor championship so people can take it away later and feel smug about it ala Joe 'Didn't' paterKnow

:stare:

huh?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr_Strangelove posted:

The dog violated the Code of Conduct and will be disciplined

...transferred to another pound

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Are they seriously about to give the Title IX coordinator 1.5 million loving dollars?

Did the victims get settlements?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I imagine "pre-law" is just some combination of philosophy and political science.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Thoguh posted:

I don't think it's an actual major anywhere. Just a self important way to announce that while you're studying poli sci/history/whatever, you plan on going to law school after undergrad.

No, there are pre-law programs at state schools in GA, at least. Just like "Pre-med" programs. They're worthless on their own, but it's generally a program designed to prepare you for progressing to law school.

I don't understand the hostility towards it ITT, it's not more or less valuable than any other piece of poo poo liberal arts degree.

edit: It's not "a degree" it's a program. I don't know what undergrad degree you'd actually get from going through the program, like I said it's probably a combination of poly-sci and philosophy.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Oct 13, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

:wrong:

It's got to be more valuable than a Chinese philosophy degree.

If you're a Chinese philosphy major, you probably speak fluent Chinese and can read it. There is a helluva demand for those in media.

Go get paid, son.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, you don't usually learn 2000 year old Chinese in an undergrad class...

I'm assuming "Chinese Philosophy" is more of a masters specialization on the road to a doctorate in Crane-based caligraphy in Asian textualism.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Scionix posted:

*puts on general dog hat*

Ahh, I mean, having a culture of success is always going to uh, ah, keep you from benching star players, especially when women aren't coming forward promptly and the cases are he-said she-said. Maybe if the media hadn't made a circus of the Virginia and Duke cases, uhh, women wouldn't be so hesitant to come forward, you know? Hard to say Baylor specifically swept things under the rug; never attribute maliciousness to what can be explained by stupidity.

uncanny

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

v2vian man posted:

i don't think a a law firm would just destroy stuff if their bosses tell them to, especially if it documents criminal activity. they're not slaves

Right, but BAYLOR never received a written report, so they, therefore, cannot release the report. 5th dimensional checkmate, LOOK EVERYONE TRUMP! :ninja:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

big juicy nectarine posted:

My white friends have never called me the N-word, so this idea that they just go around calling black people racial slurs is just, y'know, ridiculous, so get hosed.

I've known several white friends to call each other the N word.

But I live in white suburbia, they never did it in mixed company, and they all probably regret doing it at this point.

They were all nerds. I blame the Tokyo Breakfast pilot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO4hpiwq04A

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

It would have cost MORE money to receive a written report vs an oral report?

Doesn't it seem more likely that a written report would have been the cheaper option?

Maybe he means all of the money it would cost the school in lawsuits if they had a document that other parties could review.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 30, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Neil Armbong posted:

What good do they think saying this will do? Anyone with half a brain, aka the people asking these questions, can parse out what he's implying/his half truth. Really chaps my rear end that these arrogant fucks are smart enough to skate by with no punishment.

For real. Also, Donald J Trump is somehow the President Elect of the United States?

Fuckin' what do people have to do to actually discredit themselves anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

186 posted:

Try again...

We've got so much tape we would make another fuckin' moon.

• Locked thread