Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Baylor releases one of those "no thats totally not true but yeah its true" denials re: Starr

quote:

The Baylor Board of Regents continues its work to review the findings of the Pepper Hamilton investigation and we anticipate further communication will come after the Board completes its deliberations. We will not respond to rumors, speculation or reports based on unnamed sources, but when official news is available, the University will provide it. We expect an announcement by June 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
This is one of those things where I want them to do it just to see the reaction, even though objectively it is a wrong and stupid thing to do.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Toilet Mouth posted:

My understanding is that the dismissal was due to allegations of something that happened at FAU before he came to Baylor. In which case they're correct, once they wash their hands of him, what he did at FAU is no longer their problem.

It's more about the part where Jim Grobe (guy who was brought in to clean this poo poo up) insinuates that an investigation into sexual assault at Baylor will go away as long as Faulk goes to any other school

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Veshpo posted:

He's telling the coach, who's concerned about his former player, that Baylor's investigation of him will end when he leaves and he will be able to go on with no further prying or damage to his reputation. Of course the damage is pretty much done at this point, and if he's actually innocent they've really hosed him over, but that's how I interpret what he's recounting from Grobe.

edit: oops, accidentally posted with my parachute

Yeah, precisely. Grobe is saying they'll stop an investigation into a sexual assault to protect a football player's reputation which is exactly what got them in trouble in the first place

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Toilet Mouth posted:

If he's no longer at the school, and the incident didn't occur at Baylor, then why would the continue the investigation?

You seem to have missed the bit where he is under investigation for a sexual assault at Baylor in April, in addition to the FAU thing

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Reportedly there is a vote tonight on bringing him back, and it's gonna be close. I'd definitely take this with a grain of salt but I would not at all put it past them.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

kayakyakr posted:

Word is that it's going to be delayed.

I was going off Waco Tribune, where'd you hear about the delay?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Regnevelc posted:

E: Maybe too soon?

I honestly have no idea what this means but I guess I probably missed something?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
How many years of contempt imprisonment could AFF rack up?
(reference quote from USPol thread)

SquadronROE posted:

Georgia man threatens to kill Judge's family, feed them to him:

http://imgur.com/a/skffp

Oh, also some other random court talk. It's probably pretty boring to you guys.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
If it were that easy no one would ever get convicted of anything

"You mean I get to call the judge a horse-rear end, dick-suckin-rear end, big butt fuckman-rear end cracker AND not go to prison? Sign me up."

And yeah I know I linked that on kinda flimsy pretense sorry, it just had me laughing my rear end off and I wanted to share

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

swickles posted:

Reminds me of this series which is hilarious:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZbqAMEwtOE

hahahaha I remember this poo poo

Everyone in a government job should please jump out a window thanks except my buds in TFF you can stay

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Your Baylor Friday Night News Dump

quote:

WACO, Texas (June 24, 2016) – Baylor University and Art Briles have mutually agreed to terminate their employment relationship, effective immediately. Both parties acknowledge that there were serious shortcomings in the response to reports of sexual violence by some student-athletes, including deficiencies in University processes and the delegation of disciplinary responsibilities with the football program. Baylor is addressing these shortcomings and making ongoing improvements.

Baylor wishes Coach Briles well in his future endeavors. Coach Briles expresses his thanks to the City of Waco and wishes the Baylor Bears success in the future.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

Has the NCAA said they aren't going to look into Baylor/it's not something they can punish for?

Baylor said that they self-reported "potential violations" when Briles was first suspended and the NCAA has been characteristically completely silent about it since then

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

DJExile posted:

Except Penn State didn't "crack", Penn State was blown open by people who finally came forward combined with some fantastic investigative reporting, it wasn't anything the school ever admitted to.

It was blown open to the point that the NCAA had no choice but to respond. They'd rather ignore most of these issues (partly because they aren't law enforcement) every bit as much as the schools themselves ignore women on their campuses being raped.

Penn State released the Freeh Report to the public whereas Baylor is not even writing down the Pepper Hamilton report; that's the big difference.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I do imagine that if the Freeh Report had been more institutionally damning the BoT might have had more temptation to cover it up. The Freeh Report suggested the BoT was more or less non-culpable and that it was a small group within the University that oversaw the coverup. The Pepper Hamilton report sounds like to blows up everyone in the administration.

You may be right and if I'm remembering the sequence of events correctly, by the time the Freeh report was ready Spanier and Curley had been indicted, Paterno was dead, and of course Sandusky was long arrested and indicted, so no one still in power was condemned by it.

So a difference in that sense, but even so I think the point about being open vs. being secretive still stands depending on what the NCAA does

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Shouldn't we be happy the cops handled it instead of Baylor's AD in-house for once? In any case I somehow doubt the athletic department knew Rami Hammad was outside this dude's office stalking a girl, saw his number on the caller ID and went "nah let's just ignore it"

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Thermos H Christ posted:

Yes it's a good thing that it was handled by the cops instead of the AD, that was my whole point. The prof should have called the police first. Picking up the phone to call the AD not just once but several times and only going to the police as a last resort would suggest that some very alarming behavior is still being referred to the AD instead of the cops.

Oh I totally misunderstood I read it as the AD not picking up being Baylor learning nothing sorry for being a dummy

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Let's get down to the real issue though.

quote:

WACO, Texas (KWTX) A Baylor University senior is speaking out in hopes of convincing administrators to do more to defend the school’s reputation, which he says has been tarnished in the aftermath of the sexual assault scandal that engulfed the football program.

“That wonderful unique quality and characteristic of Baylor University seems to be missing." Religion and Pre-Law major Dan Huddleston said.

Huddleston admits the attitude on the campus is not good.

“I don't sense the positivity, the excitement and the love on Baylor campus like I did as a freshman and that to me is the biggest tragedy,” he said.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I didn't even know pre-law existed as an actual major to be honest. I thought people just got degrees in things like History or Political Science or w/e while studying for the LSAT. That's what my lawyer friend did anyway.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I dunno that adding up a ledger and determining which is worse is a thing one should do, but I would argue it's a huge mark against Baylor that they watched the Penn State scandal unfold and still covered up rapes for the sake of football

This quote makes me very angry

quote:

Thursday's legal filing recounts a meeting that Baylor alumni and donors had with regents, who were unwilling to share more details of the investigation, citing privacy concerns. It states that the regents tried to explain why they couldn't keep people whom they found responsible for Title IX failure because that would not uphold the "mission of the university." It quotes a donor as responding, "If you mention Baylor's mission one more time, I'm going to throw up. ... I was promised a national championship."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Grittybeard posted:

To be...fair? Unfair? I'm not sure which.

That's just my impression of donors everywhere, they funnel money into programs and want wins in return, drat everything else. Well drat everything else other than feeling like they're in the loop and appreciated, they really want to feel that too.

I'm under no illusions that there aren't people like that at every school; nevertheless the callousness of saying that when being presented with evidence of covering up rapes is pretty staggering

Like if that statement was in response to giving money to players or even a minor academic scandal I'd probably be like "yeah whatever" but not here

• Locked thread