Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Chichevache posted:

We tried telling him "no". He just wouldn't listen.

Well, I made the posts in Waco so good luck getting anything done about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Would anything (besides decency) have prevented Baylor seeing the oral presentation and saying, "great job, now destroy all of your notes"?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

That's basically what they did.

Yeah, but if the DA is sniffing around now there's the possibility of a court order (maybe, you probably know the law more than me), then it's going to be an important distinction whether if basically did it (i.e., boxed boxed the investigation materials up somewhere) or if they literally shredded them.

Edit: I'm not saying one is okay and one isn't, I'm saying that it looks like Baylor may be forced into revealing which it was.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 4, 2016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Intruder posted:

Can't wait for people who didn't give a poo poo about the rapes to be up in arms about abusing the dog

There's only one dog I care about.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Cnidario posted:

Your mouth to God's ears

Just make sure it's not the Baptist God

Don't root for Texas

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Scionix posted:

i just want to read that darned pepper hamilton report!!!

It's like the Illiad, it can only be passed on by storytellers.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Woman who led Baylor sex assault investigation speaks out after resigning

quote:

“I continued to work hard and the harder I worked, the more resistance I received from senior leadership. That became clear that that was not something the university wanted and in July, I made it clear and ready that I had concerns and that the university was violating Title IX and my environment got worse,” Crawford told “CBS This Morning” Wednesday.

quote:

"I never had the authority, the resources, or the independence to do the job appropriately, which the Department of Education writes in its guidance for Title IX coordinators in universities,” Crawford said. She said that included being disconnected from meetings and conversations, and the university “making decisions only a Title IX coordinator should make, based on protection for the brand.

Not a great look, but Baylor kind of beat her to the punch in their own press release yesterday.

quote:

Crawford’s attorney, Rogge Dunn -- who joined her on “CBS This Morning” -- defended his client’s request for a million dollars and book and movie rights, saying

“There was a mediation and Texas law is quite clear that you cannot comment on what took place at the mediation... In a desperate attempt to smear Patty, what they’ve done is violated Texas law. Believe me, there’s nothing I would rather tell you than what went on in that mediation because it’s in favor of Patty, but the law says that you can’t do that and we choose to follow the law, unlike Baylor University.”

So who does get the book rights?

General Dog fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Oct 5, 2016

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

quote:

"The view was that football was made to be a convenient scapegoat and if football was thrown under the bus, they wouldn't have to deal with it anymore," Dunn said. "She's certainly not suggesting that there wasn't a problem with football or that it wasn't heinous that what was happening. But the thought that we could just fire a couple football people and clean up the football program and the problem was solved -- that's not right."

Fuckin' bingo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

The ole' October Surprise

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

swickles posted:

It's still something though, but not ideal. Baylor should be mentioned in the same breath as Penn State, and probably worse. With Penn State you had one perpetrator and maybe a handful of people covering it up. There is tons of evidence that the entire program at Baylor was trying to cover up rape.

I think that's a fair assessment.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Korranus posted:

gently caress that argument forever, there are 120-something other FBS schools Baylor players can play at.

Well, 119, most of them already ruled out Houston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Dammit, I knew I should have closed this thread

• Locked thread