Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Yikes, this thread is getting too full of spoilers; I'm out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Metal Gear Solid V: The Twin Snakes.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

You know, I like how the whole Paz subplot foreshadows the big reveal because there is no way Big Boss gives enough of a poo poo about Paz to hallucinate about her. Big Boss never took the Hippocratic Oath though

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

She probably should have gotten Code Talker to hook her up with some emergency talky herb huh

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

It's explained in the tapes that she didn't want to take the cure because she is torn on whether she wants revenge against Big Boss or not, and didn't want to get rid of her ace in the hole against him. She just decides not to talk until she makes up her mind, but then the choice ends up being out of her hands.

That's what I mean, the talky herb doesn't cure poo poo. Would've been smart to have some along in a talky/vengeance emergency.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I love all these nerds complaining about not getting the promised depiction of Big Boss falling to evil, when the reveal + truth files spell out that he became evil exactly when it looked like he did (the end of Peace Walker).

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

That should be an interesting exercise in perspective.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Venom loves being Big Boss. He enjoys all the killing.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Luceid posted:

its 9/11 here and let me tell you how incredible all the plot they saved up for the last, hidden act of the game is. restart steam boys

Lol

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Just imagine James busting out a 5-hit CQC combo on Maria. Lmao.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Lmao I guess that means his dying redemption was just Snake rubbing off on him

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

You heard me

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Lmao. I just watched that first cutscene with Paz on the medical strut again and noticed that Ocelot and Miller don't walk up behind Snake, they literally appear out of thin air behind him.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Aurain posted:

The bridges between struts on Mother Base all feel needlessly long.
I bet it actually has something to do with loading but even though Mother Base is barren as hell really, I think it would feel less so if it were actually tightly packed.

e: like PW's mother base.

You know, that reminds me. Where the gently caress is Mother Base's runway these days. Get your poo poo together, Kaz

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Also, I was real salty when I first managed to sneak up to a gunship when it was hovering at ground height and discovered I couldn't Fulton it

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Heres a ponderance for people bitching about losing their poo poo to invaders: anything you can possibly lose in an FOB invasion you never would have had without the FOB anyway, be it resources or staff capacity. Grow a pair!!

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

*vanishes with a creepy howl*

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Jeez. The voice is really all you need to figure this out. He's voiced by Liquid when Liquid is actually possessing him, and by Ocelot when he's faking it.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Which you would think Snake would have noticed, by the way

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

You're right, that sounds absolutely necessary.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Queequeg is the understudy helicopter and he finally got his time to shine.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

This is not a surprise to anybody on any plane of reality

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Broseph Brostar posted:

Does stealth camo work against her?

Yeah.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

A tuxedo!!!

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Yeah I just assumed BB had a glass eye in or some such thing.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

ThomasPaine posted:

Oh for fucks sake, we get to extract another few identical prisoners and eliminate a few more tank units, all while dressed in a tux, for the low low price of 9.99. Who the gently caress thought this is what we wanted?

Konami profoundly does not care what any player wants

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Sometimes I think about Big Boss just lying there in the bed next to Venom, bored out of his loving skull for at least a fortnight, and giggle to myself

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

DaveKap posted:

So I went back to an old mission to update this guy that I thought I needed in order to do bionics upgrades.

Except when he got back to base, he didn't have those stats at all. Do I have to kick him off base in order for the repeat mission stats to take effect?

If you've done that mission a few times for S-ranks you will be startled to see how many copies of that guy you have lounging around with different names.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Danaru posted:

I'm pretty sure there's a cassette somewhere that says she's riddled with the fuckers, and the reason she can speak Navajo is because it doesn't have roots in any other language.

Still no reason she can't write anything or take the loving miracle vaccine we developed almost a full chapter and a half ago

Her desire to kill you is stopping her from taking the vaccine, her desire to bone you is stopping her from talking

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Also, the vocal cord parasites and the parasites keeping Quiet alive are two different kinds of parasite, if you can believe it.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Her entire skin is parasites. Pretty gross when you think about it

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

That's not what I said!!

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

You know, I'm surprised nobody ever got around to scraping up The Boss and trying to clone her.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Snak posted:

The reason for this is pretty straightforward. There's a lot of Snakes, but if there were lots of other clone families, it stops being special. arguably the most central theme of the entire MGS franchise, is that there is such a thing as the ultimate soldier: His name is Big Boss. And he's like the Lance of Longinus. If you have him, you cannot be stopped. But the series is about how even though the perfect soldier does exist, and can even be duplicated, wars don't solve problems, so having him doesn't really fix anything.

From a story perspective, cloning other people would really pollute the thematic core of the MGS mythos. You'd end up with something more like Hitman, where there are various different breeds of genetically engineered super-soldiers, both controlled by their organizations and acting as rogue agents.

MGS is about how trying to recapture a past success, trying to hold on to old victories as your winning strategy is missing the forest for the trees. Solid Snake exists because they wanted to make another Big Boss. Raiden exists because Solid Snake was so awesome they wanted to make another Solid Snake.

edit: What I'm trying to say is, the actions of characters and factions in MGS aren't remotely related to what would be a good idea in real life where things make any loving sense. So the reason that no one has cloned the Boss is because that's not what this story is about. Just like it's not about developing practical, realistic military technologies and is instead about how whoever has the best mecha will control the world.

And I love it.

That's true. I guess there was that horrible AI replica, at least

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Uh

Actually does anyone have any good pics of the bb model and the venom model? I wanna see how different they are from one another.

Venom's taller and more muscular, for one thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

My prediction is that MGSV's gameplay will age astoundingly well

• Locked thread