Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
After my grandma died we set up for the long haul of cleaning out her house (she was a hoarder) and we realized that raccoons had gotten into the attic. We found this out because they'd set up a latrine directly on the trap door to the attic. My dad did some half-assed research (read: went to the local farm supply store and asked some guy) and ended up driving two hours to buy some fox urine, which he then sprinkled around the place. When that inevitably didn't work he rented some traps, and when THAT inevitably didn't work he finally, grudgingly, called a professional.

Man, that was a heck of a summer. We found a bowl of perfectly preserved, rock-hard brownie mix with spoon still stuck in it in her garage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Today I looked up the etymology of the word "raccoon". It's from Algonquian and means roughly "he scratches with the hands."

Semi-related fun fact, English also borrowed the Algonquian word "mohawk," which means cannibal.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Cats are fluffly and they are heat leeches

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Aesop Poprock posted:

Seriously wtf kind of technique is that

One for animals who need to keep an eye out at all times

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Gorilla Salad posted:

Devils are cool.

Insane.

Magnificent.

Bloody minded.

Bastards.

:allears:

Also, incurable viral face cancer is terrifying and needs all the research money we can throw at it. Hate to think of a world where something like that could affect people at similar rates.

Humans don't make a habit of trying to bite each other's faces off though.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Ah yes, multiple species ill-suited for domestication, in for a raccoon in for a fox as they say.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

Guy Mann posted:

Look, you just have to accept that most of these pictures are the result of narcissistic Russians buying a wild animal as a pet because it's trendy on Instagram and push aside any thoughts of how unhappy and traumatized these animals probably are in favor of focusing on how cute they are.

I actually was thinking about how destroyed any part of the household they can get to is/will be cause they're wild fuckin animals who will power-wreck personal possessions.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
if you get stuck in a dumpster in the game, you get stuck in a dumpster in real life!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
oh my god his tiny little hind toes :3: