Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
how do you clean out the ashes?

also how do you start the fire?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

NosmoKing posted:

I think delivered and installed and shipping and all that Jazz, $4000.

Like I said, way too much.

I wanted to build one for so long, but kids, job, wife, etc.

holy dicklicking hell

I know that time v money feel, but $4000 seems like a lot for that thing
not that it's cool and all and hey you got what you want!

edit : and I guess thinking about it I'm sure the materials were at least around $500-800 so of course they're charging 4k

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

NosmoKing posted:

I used flour for one, then went to the oven to dick around with it and move the fire. Stuck like a bitch.

Next one I formed and immediately put in the oven. Stuck part way, but I got it off the peel eventually.

Next time, semolina and a poo poo-ton of the stuff.

this is always my undoing. it's gotten to where I almost don't want to make pizza because it might stick. I end up with my head in a 600 degree oven screaming 'gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress' as half my pizza slides off the board and the other half sticks, my carefully placed ingredients and perfectly thinly stretched pizza dough go all over the loving oven and to one side of the pizza, and I end up leaving the kitchen in an exasperated sweaty mess while my gal is like :( :( :( it will be ok mindphlux everything will be ok!!

I had it down to what I thought was an art a couple years ago, but last handful of times I've done it - regardless of how much semolina I use, how quickly I work, or with how much conviction I try to artfully and quickly slide my pizza in - it ends up sticking. tips welcome

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich

contrapants posted:

Semolina keeps getting mentioned. Does that work as well or better than corn meal in a regular oven? Right now, I only ever buy corn meal as a pizza lubricant. If I can get semolina instead, I'd probably use that for bread, too.

much, much better. I'm assuming you mean finely ground corn meal? I can't get that to work at all. I don't even make bread or pizza if I don't have semolina on hand.

I used rough cornmeal/grits once in desperation and lol

so crunchy, so inedible.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
I like to cha cha :(

• Locked thread