Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
naem
May 29, 2011

We're just a couple of hip young 37 year olds who've "boomeranged" back to dads house from paying $3500 a month rent in Brooklyn/Seattle/etc and we're all frustrated because we feel entitled to feel like rich people but can't really afford it- heck I drink wine at bars! That's how fancy I am!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

EugeneJ posted:

What is a DINK who doesn't work - NINK (No Income No Kids)?

DISK- dad's income, still (live like they are) kids (at 37)

naem
May 29, 2011

If these people started a business like a factory of some sort that employed local people and paid them a living wage they would actually be benefiting their oval community.

As is they are squatting in some depressed property and putting a dive bar out of business, living off of dad

naem
May 29, 2011

See if you own that $700k double wide in California you don't get to lord it over anyone

But back in Cleveland you get to play fancy person and sip wine, wait gosh these people think I'm a pretentious doof hmm maybe if I put the wine in a can..

naem
May 29, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So is it just a rich boy thing that they have everything done for them and therefore feel immasculated, and feel the need to grow the beard and have MAN RAZORS and MAN CLOTHES and MAN WINE

Plenty of middle class young people and recent college grads buy into this kind of marketing too before the weight of life crushes them

naem
May 29, 2011

nomadologique posted:

humans really believe in masculinity.
are you, not a human

naem
May 29, 2011

Stinky_Pete posted:

It used to be called "cultural fusion," lol, but then the culture police decided that if you don't copy every aspect of some tradition then you're doing it wrong and must be making fun of someone. I wear a poncho because it suits the weather where I live, e.g., but I wouldn't be surprised if some white Millennial got mad at me for it.

Wearing a feathered headdress when you're white just because you like the look? I think a hat is a hat and Texans don't get to bitch when I wear a ten gallon one, either.

Wearing a feathered headdress and dancing around going "hey-a ho-a hey-a ho-a" or clapping your hand to your mouth while holding a high note? Now you're being retarded.

If you have to copy every aspect of the tradition, you're supposed to have killed a man for every feather as I understand

naem
May 29, 2011

HEY NONG MAN posted:

http://i.imgur.com/EVsomAF.gifv

Pro Tip: Break in your boots before going on your Cranberry Frolic so you don't accidentally kick yourself into a pool of fruit. Also: Make sure you secure your glasses, Poindexter.

I'm trying to think what this guy's goal was here

All I'm coming up with is a dopey voice saying MMM CRANBERRY and falling in like a two year old

naem
May 29, 2011

GORDON posted:

Volunteering for massive student loan debt: It isn't their fault! They were tricked!

Underwater on the house after signing for a mortgage with crazy terms: It isn't their fault! They were tricked!

Getting a degree in a thing that is actually bad for getting a job when it turns out it makes you overqualified for the jobs that are available: It wasn't their fault! They were tricked!

It's a good thing there aren't any actual consequences for being stupid and making bad decisions, people might actually learn something.

The older generation have NO responsibility for teaching the young generation how to be people, they're just supposed to figure it all out themselves

naem fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Nov 26, 2015

naem
May 29, 2011

Go to college, it's good

Follow your dreams, follow your heart, like I did, I will lead to a career

Buy a house, from me, they're good, I'm an old, you can trust me

naem
May 29, 2011

City of Tampa posted:

I know that this poo poo is definitely happening around here, my mom's normal suburban subdivision is like half empty foreclosed houses that have been vacant for years and are falling apart because the banks that own them still want 2006 prices for them

I know of several half abandoned subdivisions where only a couple of houses were built, with blank lots or empty foundations along a nice paved drive with a circle turn around, with one hillbilly family living it up in their house they kept through the recession using the whole thing as their driveway full of atv's

naem
May 29, 2011

ghlbtsk posted:

Boomers thought they'd be able to retire at 65. Then the age for full benefits was raised to 67. Soon it will be 70.
By the time you're ready to retire it could be 75 or the system could be completely bankrupt.

If this happens there will be decrepit skeleton people dying in the streets and no jobs for anyone under 50

naem
May 29, 2011

VendaGoat posted:

So peoples heads don't spin let me try to translate this and please forums poster I hate Yankees, rate my performance.

So so total dicks overcharge people for homes, these dumbasses agree. Which raises more home prices, which more dumbasses buy, until said dumbasses become insolvent....can't make their mortgages.

Everyone declares bankruptcy.

These homes though still have a value attached to them, even if it's total hog poo poo from the bankruptcies. This value to bundled into a tightly bound buttplug and inserted into investors. These investors scream bloody murder and sell the comically oversized butt plug to other investors. This happens until someone just loving falls rear end first onto the buttplug and it comes out their mouth with "Save me Obama" attached on a pretty ribbon.

The government says ok, we'll help you dear citizen and gently starts to remove the buttplug, but it's a really large buttplug and the muscles of the person it's in just keep pulling it back up.

At this point, the people who sold this poor schlep the rear end rammer sue him because he can't take the pain. And they win.

And now we're at present time.

Also we spent a trillion dollars (financed by China whose economy turns out to be mostly garbage) in order to murder brown people for a decade until their whole region is going murder nuts and they're stampeding to escape and occasional shooting up our cities yes

naem
May 29, 2011

KoRMaK posted:

Cleveland - we dont smell as bad as you thought we would

A chicagoers take on moving to cleveland. I know this isn't the cleveland thread, but it kind of goes with the gentrification thing from earlier.

http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/yes-i-moved-to-cleveland-and-you-should-too/Content?oid=4672794

"Person miraculously finds job in Cleveland"

naem
May 29, 2011

There is a certain class of person who insist on being super edgy and unique during their peak youth from 17-23, usually by all doing exactly the same thing.

"The thing" changes every 5-7 years, with last seasons "thing" mocked mercilessly, and 2-3 season's ago's thingses become "retro" which means current young people start dressing that way/ listening to that music/getting that tattoo etc again only they do it all wrong

NOBODY grows up anymore though so you have 45 year olds and 25 year olds and high school students all trying to outdo each other and it all feeds on itself

naem
May 29, 2011

Hey look it's my dad circa 1979

naem
May 29, 2011

Some of the Sheep posted:

This person talks like a fag, and their poo poo's all retarded.

Welcome to Costco, I love you

naem
May 29, 2011

notZaar posted:

Ironically yet another "artisinal" joint decorated like it came right out of a handbook of contemporary design cliches.

These contemporary design cliches are going to look super dated soon, like something from the 1970's

naem
May 29, 2011

Skilled trades don't get steady hours either, and there aren't necessarily a surplus of jobs out there were lots of people to flood the market.

naem
May 29, 2011

I know a lot of electricians somehow, and they describe a boom of miserable 80 hour weeks followed by a bust with few paid hours available, and there is a mafia like union system that controls your life. Also you drive around in a van at weird hours getting $80 parking tickets

naem
May 29, 2011

Scooting your kids around in a laundry basket is a time honored tradition

naem
May 29, 2011

gently caress the ROW posted:

luckily for everyone the millenials are way too busy looking up adult pajamas on their smart phones to vote, can you even imagine how disastrous that would be

If you could thumbprint vote on your phone we'd elect Can has Cheesburger for presidennd

naem
May 29, 2011

brakeless posted:

she wasn't invited to hang out with these cool guys

Painted solid color fixies are so 2010

naem
May 29, 2011

a happy snowman posted:

I want to be kidnapped by warriors from the steppe and forced to go through a slavery / body building / toughening montage like Conan the Barbarian

the original not that lovely CGI remake

Pretty much my life right now

naem
May 29, 2011

She's one of those dumpy Midwestern girls who insist they are cute and get mad if you aren't into them

naem
May 29, 2011

It's interesting to contrast a 25 year old with the programming skills to earn $200k at say Google, and a 25 year old with a degree or two in a more traditional field who struggles to find work and lives at home and is trapped in retail part time struggling. I've known people who were in group B after law school

naem
May 29, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

man there's going to be an entire subset of the population that was raised by parents like these

i worry for them, they are probably going to be serial killers who graft animal parts onto torture victims

Future conservative Christian republicans

naem
May 29, 2011

NESguerilla posted:

I just got this great new app called Water™. They deliver on demand and their drink is so great I'm just gonna say right now, I couldn't live without it. I straight up feel more alive when I drink it. It's amazing. it's because it's pure. simple. artisanal. real. tangible and it comes in an eco friendly cardboard box with a picture of a funny cat on it, so I know I am making the world a better place. Whoever thought of this Water™ is a genius bravo.

I wish someone would invent an app for my shoes so I wasn't stepping on the laces all of the time.

ShoZ©®™: an app that summons a desperate college student or illegal immigrant with 3 jobs to come tie your shoes **

**all ShoZ©™® team members are independent contractors and not direct hire ShoZ™®© employees. ShoZ©™® does not conduct background checks and can not verify felon status, nor are we required to provide health or liability insurance. When a strange man or woman with face sores in a festive purple ShoZ©™® hoodie appears at your door, you enter into a binding agreement not to sue ShoZ©™® for any damages related to physical or sexual assault by letting them in. ShoZ©™® in no way requires or expects our independent contractors to perform sexual services for our app users; any and all violation of state or federal law falls solely upon the independent contractor in question. If your ShoZ©™® independent contractor sees your ridiculous comfort ridden lifestyle in which you live in a beautiful glass and stainless steel condominium that looks a lot like an Apple™© store and breaks down crying, cursing the day they were born, why God? Why am I tormented so? Please do not be alarmed- they are most likely just exhausted from their 12 hour shift working at that Automat®™ restaurant place where they stand behind a glass wall where you can't see them, slaving away stirring huge vats of weird South American psudograins to pour in your slop bowl, you lazy uses less cant-tie-your-own-drat-shoes millennial

naem
May 29, 2011

I'd like to talk to your manager

naem
May 29, 2011

I worked in an open floor plan office on the ground floor of an all glass building in a newly trendy neighborhood with a huge homeless population

Hobos would wake up in the alley next door and pull their pants down and squash their butts on the glass and the SQUELTCH of liquid fences three feet away was an hourly thing, no one even looked up

naem
May 29, 2011

etalian posted:

Somewhere off of Market St?

South of market in a former warehouse-y area. I heard an urban legend that some company bought an actual warehouse and let programmers drive their car right up to their desk in the same area, and they came back one Monday to find a homeless guy had fallen through a skylight and lay dead all weekend

They had a crew of guys who had sanitizer hoses spray the area down pretty much 24/7

naem
May 29, 2011

I worked at another open plan office and watched this married woman have at least three affairs with guys who all sat in the same 20-30 seat area

Like she'd go canoodle as if there were walls or at least cubicles so they had privacy as they chatted before holding hands and lunch etc, then in a week or two pick a different guy and do the same. Each spurned former guy would sit and fume angrily while she giggled and flirted with the new one, all in view of everyone. I think they had to move her to another area in the building eventually

naem
May 29, 2011

Someone change my name to piss Dracula

naem
May 29, 2011

:agreed:

naem
May 29, 2011

I heard they tried to switch and actually do "bean to bar" after they got famous and the chocolate sucked lol

naem
May 29, 2011

Gyra_Solune posted:

let's get real here these kind of conditions are inevitable for everyone

the middle class four bedroom three bathroom house with a dog and a yard is flagrantly unsustainable and expensive, as is the idea of a middle class

we're basically rapidly approaching the point where the middle class skillset has ended up being the bare minumum people need if they want to survive and this means the middle class will soon be the poor

Space isn't at a premium in the U.S. though there are still miles and miles of nothing

naem
May 29, 2011

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'd never wear a headdress, but I know if I did and someone got mad I'd just say "Sorry for enjoying grand pappy Booblord's war-trophy" or "I won that black jack hand fair and square, squaw"

It's ok as long as you've killed a man for each feather

a starwar betamax posted:

when exactly did modern men start thinking it was a-ok to wear fluffy pajamas and drink coffee out of big silly mugs and such

The very second we stopped starving the death quite so often

naem
May 29, 2011

:stare:

naem
May 29, 2011

red19fire posted:

turd machine desk bitch sergeant

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

If you'd never heard of scooby doo would you get it? Or would it look like some kind of show about violent homosexual robots

• Locked thread