Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

This guy gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Like a toe learned to dress itself

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I was born in 1983 so technically I'm a millennial. I joined the Marines and here are some pics of some. Here's my generation.

Bunch of lazy assholes. :buddy:

Generation Kill owns, though

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

I forgot to include the first part lastnight.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

My Q-Face posted:

Good, I thought the first part was just a clever new way of saying :frogout:

Nah, buddy. I wouldn't do that, I was just real tired while phone posting lastnight and didn't realize it was saved as two images instead of one :angel:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Toadvine posted:

lol the author of this comic made a fortune off of the older tumblr base when they were still in grade school:

A master troll, imo

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Not fat or whining about hashtags

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

bowser posted:

This entire page (click and drag w/ your mouse).

I could kill every single person in this picture with my barehands if it came down to it. These are literally the only people worthless-rear end MCMAP prepares you for

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dapper Dan posted:

this article is extremely misleading. i have a cousin who was a medieval history and ancient languages phd. there were like 8 positions open in the entire us after he got his phd. and that was considered good. he had to go to ontario to find a position and he got lucky since i think it took him six months and he still was earning a living during that time.

it really depends on your phd. humanities phds are different than stem ones (but stem you still need to be on top of things. also be very wary about academia, otherwise poo poo like the article happens).

I don't feel sorry for people who get expensive yet worthless degrees going hungry for the same reason I don't feel bad for people who buy in to ponzi and pyramid schemes, because you really have to be a complete goddamed idiot to do it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Dapper Dan posted:

i do if it was 2008 or before where people were fed the line of bullshit about degrees and the prestige of expensive private schools. nowadays there is no guarantee that a degree will give you a job. though with the sort of phd this person went for, that should have been obvious.

That line of bullshit has existed since academia took the role of educator from the church, though. There have been hundreds of years of history for a loving History major to be able to put two and two together on. I mean it's cool pursuing what you love, I get that. But the reality of it is that if you can't afford to feed yourself while doing it, then it's not a career, its an expensive hobby. I've seen heroin addicts with more sense than this. At least they drown out their idiocy with drugs than trying to convince people they're no complete jackasses who've pissed away their opportunities.

Jim Barris posted:

You don't feel sorry for them because you're an rear end in a top hat, let's be real here. How dumb they are or aren't has nothing to do with it.

I mean, yeah, but it can be a bit of both in some cases, ya know?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Wookums posted:

Did the humanities touch you inappropriately when you were younger?

Nah, just watching friends waste their GI Bill money and end up miserable a few times starts to turn you against it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Decrepus posted:

gently caress Delouse Kill

Middle, Right, Left

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Millenials can;t even put their phone down for 10 seconds and shoot someone in the face

http://inteliscopes.com/

:rolleyes:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

FogHelmut posted:

this is pretty much what old GBS did. i went to see The Expendables that weekend. gently caress old GBS.

Man, Expendables was a poo poo ton of fun to watch in the theater, that was a pro-move right there, dude

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

mr. mephistopheles posted:

Legit slam poets are great but I've never seen a good white slam poet because white people have literally nothing interesting to say

All of this bigender polyamory nonsense is a natural reaction to the inescapable banality and personal mediocrity of growing up white and privileged

I could be the best white Slam poet. Mostly by going up and talking about interest rates and credit scores to the tune of Slam, by Onyx

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The system rules because it keeps owning scrubs

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

She's pretty, yet gross

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Anything that causes a reduction is Steven Universe fandom is alright by me

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

MurderBot posted:

I was trying to educate myself on what the whole CisGender/gender fluidity thing that millenials have started and googled it.

I had no clue you could be a "third gender" or even 4th gender, but going down that wiki rabbit hole led to some weird things.

I think if I was to identify as anything I'd want to be a Cis-male who identifies as a coke can, in hopes that someone who's sexual identity involves rear end play would shove me up their rear end in a top hat.

Am I millenialling correctly?

quote:

I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm loving retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

notZaar posted:

Sure would be nice... to be able to afford nice things....

It is, but I'll admit it can be way too much work in and of itself

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If you're trying to get a government job in the US and you're not former military or the child/spouse of someone E-8+, O-5+, or GS-12+, you're gonna end up either unemployed or working for a 32k a year contractor where you'll never promote upward unless you're super amiable/charismatic.

I have a few friends with wives young enough to be considered millennials and it always cracks me up to hear them bitching about their government contracting gigs, like being first on the phone tech support for army.mil mail and a few less-than-TS networks is any different than the Sears Appliance Call Center. It's even funnier when we, as former military assholes who had to occasionally deal with civilians in similar jobs try to explain that they aren't doing anything more important or streamlined than the kid at the T-Mobile store telling grandpa how to hard-boot his phone. Not to mention the US Army email system is way less secure than any single cell-phone carrier's. They just think having a government job means its going to pay well and promote often, when the reality is they sure as hell don't for people without incredibly desirable skill sets.

Not that i should complain, my career arc was Marines -> Community College -> Prison Guard -> Internet Bachelor's -> Working for my older brother's company making 72k/yr.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Weird thing about Gen-Xer's, we connect really well with WW2 vets

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Ahundredbux posted:

lol theyre just happy that someone is talking with them

Nah, it's kinda weird and unspoken. Like the Boomers and the WW2/Korea guys really don't interact at a lot of Veteran's organizations and when they do it's tense as gently caress, but there's a drat near instant bond they can get guys in their 40s-30s who were in. Maybe it's because we're the same age as their grandkids, maybe it's something else. But I've always noticed it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

extra stout posted:

tell yourself that if it makes you feel better but I talk woodworking with some 90 year old WWII vets and they make it very clear that they're disappointed not with my generation or yours, but with every human being who doesn't work with their hands and who won't fist fight for what they believe in

this puts the average generation x person slightly below the average millennial kid growing his own weed in terms of the value of their life to the oldest toughest men on the planet

You realize this is in the context of veterans talking to one another, right? Not just some random kid talking to them, but someone with a similar background. Because WW2 vets normally don;t like the Vietnam era guys, I mean I know it might sound silly, but a lot of those guys see Vietnam as a disgrace and blame it on the poor bastards forced to fight there.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Blockade posted:

I heard younger millennials are actually bad with technology because of all the touch screens and consumption focused tech. Is this true? I hope so because im mediocre and i want to keep my job

Yeah, Had to use command line on one of the receptionists' PC to get her phone integrated properly and now she thinks I am a hacker

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Maoist Pussy posted:

I'm actually full-blood Miwok, my family's summer lodge is now the site of the Ahwanee Lodge. Beat that, Californios!

Is it true that a lot of you guys died from death star debris after the battle of Endor ?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
If your favorite soup isn't French Onion with the bread and melted cheese up top then gently caress you

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Grand Prize Winner posted:

I don't know what the big deal is, we murdered them fair and square so now we get to wear their hats

Sold me on it

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Not likely, considering he's a ginger with terrible skin.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

a starwar betamax posted:

can some goofball who wears these types of watches tell me how they manage to not living in constant paain as the wierd metal hinges rip their arm hair out by the roots every second of every day

My trick is I actually rub my arm to get all the hair in the watch area to face a single direction, and ensure that I only adjust it and rotate the watch in the same direction so it doesn't get caught up

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Windows 98 posted:

Comedy option is also the same as the actual option :smith:

I have a beard now though to really complete my hipster human being look

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

HEY NONG MAN posted:

That's what your Christmas Bonus Check is for, dummy.

Just got mine today. $2,500 is gonna be nice for getting some new tires and some Christmas gifts for the gf and my nephews

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Tell me the story, Tell me the story! ":holy:

:nms: https://encyclopediadramatica.se/Nick_Bate

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Seeing these dudes in 20 years w floppy earlobes n faded, stretched tats will be quite lol

I've already seen a few. They look awful at job interviews

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Marta Velasquez posted:

Tattooing and piercing has been done for centuries.

The term "body modification" has been around since at least 1996, coined by a man born in 1941. It was the subtitle of the second edition of his 1987 book.

They may look like assholes, but you're blaming the wrong generation.

Yeah, and there's a ton of Gen Xers who were the ones who started embracing the trend of really big, stupid holes in their ugly faces

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Cowman posted:

lotta misplaced effort and talent there

As long as the bride to be likes it, I guess

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

babies havin rabies posted:

I like how I have to justify never having a tattoo or piercing to some people.

I have a tattoo, my brother does not. When people ask him why not he always tells them "Because my parents did a good job"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

GORDON posted:

I'm one of the few men to go through the Marines and never get a tat. It's because I always legit considered myself too attractive to deface my body with permanent ink.

My brother is a former Marine pilot, I think a big reason he never got one was because he hated every Marine stereotype he encountered in Qunatico and Pensacola

• Locked thread