Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Why are we letting blogs rename foods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

You have to actually dig in to cut through an artery, you don't "slit your throat" by just cutting the skin

Your grandmother's friend killed that dude.

Or that dude was majorly depressed and/or trapped in a nightmare relationship.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

uh, i got my first real job when i was like 13 or 14, which would mean 2002 is working age (unless the government made some new laws or something)

lol those jobs go to people in their 60s now

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

You guys have a lot of opinions on poo poo that ain't worth giving a poo poo about.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

this is the type of millenial that names their kid Leh-Dash-Uh.

Literally never happened.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Hey, that's a reasonably spelled name and not "Luh-dash-uh" or "l-a".

GOOD FIND!

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

You Are A Elf posted:

Nick the Dick?

That's Keaton. God drat Millenials.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

You Are A Elf posted:

Brush up on your Adrian Zmed filmography, son.

Also, not a Millennial. Get off my lawn :bahgawd:

All I'm saying is that Tom loving Hanks wasn't in Mr. Mom and it's an atrocious insult to the body of work that Michael Keaton has developed from Jack Frost to Multiplicity.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

You got lovely made-up acquaintances.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I thought it was Bastion?

Anyway, name your kid whatever you want. I went to grade school with a girl whose last name was Butts so obviously we can't even get last names right.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

kids just look douchey now because cameras are so much better and easier to use. put a flash, 1/60 shutter speed and an orange date stamp on that photo and suddenly it's ok.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Mad Monk posted:

Yeah, looks like a still shot from a McDonald's commercial to me.

You can tell from the look in their eyes that they're ordering Dominos, though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Who the gently caress are any of those people

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

NESguerilla posted:

Is this some build up so you can tell us about how you don't watch Game of Thrones?

I dunno I only use text based interfaces.

Tell me about jpgs.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

No I honestly didn't know who they were sorry. The only person I recognize from got is Sean Bean.

I watch tv and poo poo, I'm not One Of Those. I just don't have HBO.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Justin Tyme posted:

I met the first no-poo poo millenial.jpg tumblr-prime person recently. We hit it off because we both enjoyed Tim and Eric but they ended up being 100% loving insufferable and embarassing to take into public. They had a severe drinking problem yet lamented how they couldn't afford internet and lived in a shithole apartment and basically blamed society for everyone's problems and did that faux-intellectual thing where they talked poo poo on Bernie Sanders because THE WHOLE SYSTEM IS TRASH!! also they admitted to whoring themselves out to get hard drugs welp there's my millenial story gbs thanks for reading

The fact that you purposefully avoided using a gender pronoun annoys the gently caress out of me

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

It's funny you guys keep saying it's a mom but I'm picturing a dad made this sign. Look at that clip art I mean come on.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Tarkus posted:

Vsauce posted a video on this topic today. Strangely enough, it's quite interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD0x7ho_IYc

i like this style of video because it's like he pops up from blowing me every 40 seconds or so

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

nomadologique posted:

out of place guy laughing in the top corner

POINT OUT THE OTHER THINGS I MISSED

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

nomadologique posted:

want to kiss him w my mouth very wide open so part of his beard goes in the corner

whoa. you're def going to get a few wisps of his dome hair though.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

a happy snowman posted:

Born '69, so 46, max the gently caress out of your 401k, and pay your credit cards off every month

So just don't be a loving idiot?

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Don't do it it's a trap

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Sappo569 posted:

Him and Uli should hook up

Oh god I got to the end, his car has a rat rod style shifter (it's a nissan)

His ear lobes. That's how you can tell you hated him 10 years ago too.

E: Regarding his diabetes, he just put the words "you're supposed to watch what you eat" in air quotes. And then he said "allegedly". Diabetes is pretty basic medicine at this point afaik

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Nov 9, 2015

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

yea well it makes sense. i saw a teen male with moobs eating an ice cream cone at a starbucks (they don't sell ice cream...) and i was not impressed.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Dave Concepcion posted:

well, I found just that so yay me I guess

yeah me too. affordable Seattle real estate isn't a myth. i've seen it.

the sick thing about being an illenial is you're always the exception to the rule.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Clockwerk posted:

I'm intrigued, how do we go about finding it? Everything I've seen so far has been crazy expensive

Just wait for the next bubble pop. We bought in 2012 right at the bottom.

Buying during a boom is like buying a 1st gen Apple product. Dumb.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

mr. mephistopheles posted:

lol, prices are probably at least another year from peaking and the last peak was in 2006 before it started to decline so you're basically telling people to just wait another 7-8 years to buy a house

like just put one of the most basic accepted milestones in the progression of your adult life on hold for another decade

this generation is so hosed

:shrug: that's life I guess? Or is it not cool to tell a willenial that life ain't fair?

Our parents bought houses when they were 23. We buy houses when we turn 30. It's how it goes.

E: also my parents' first home purchase was a tiny shitbox. By contrast, the first home I bought as an adult will be the last one I need to buy so long as I don't change cities.

DR FRASIER KRANG fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Nov 10, 2015

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

neonbregna posted:

Lol if you don't realize buying a house is the same as participating in a Ponzi scheme

lol at dying alone in a rented one bedroom apartment

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

P-Mack posted:

80 people sharing a common room no one uses seems more efficient than the traditional American route of building 80 detached single family homes with their own extra bedroom that no one uses.

that's the guest room you actually use exclusively for sex because your actual bed is super squeaky (can't wake the baby with yr plowing) and this ikea poo poo is rock solid.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

literally everyone i know who is a cpa (ok one guy) is boring af

ipso facto, accounting IS boring

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wastoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

no joke when i saw that movie as a kid i thought that "dickhead" was a role people actively tried to fill in high school.

then i got to high school and realized that's absolutely true.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Grand Prize Winner posted:

The generation before them was even harder. The Greatest Generation were kids in 1929; their parents were the ones who had to see them through our worst decade of the 20th century. The folks who fought through the depression were tough.

Yeah but the same people who fought in WWII were children during the Great Depression. The kids that survived that time are the hardest motherfuckers of all.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

So is it just a rich boy thing that they have everything done for them and therefore feel immasculated, and feel the need to grow the beard and have MAN RAZORS and MAN CLOTHES and MAN WINE

I don't understand what's wrong with just being a wimpy boy dude and owning that poo poo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

A Strange Aeon posted:

How does silver detect poison? Never heard of that, but sounds pretty interesting.

Also, yeah, everyone thinks they're better off than they are--that they belong in the next class up. So they spend their money on poo poo that those kinds of people would buy.

lol if you weren't aware of this since like sixth grade when you read Huck Finn

this is good

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/EVsomAF.gifv

Pro Tip: Break in your boots before going on your Cranberry Frolic so you don't accidentally kick yourself into a pool of fruit. Also: Make sure you secure your glasses, Poindexter.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

lol at millenials that can't figure out how to marry a sugardaddy/momma

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

heh, still lives at home too

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/roo/5336984725.html

well holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

Who is the morose motherfucker who does the Writer's Almanac?

I swear to god every loving day at 2:45 it's like someone slipped me a barbiturate.

• Locked thread