Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This is from a while back, but my buddy I used to live with went hogwild with all this modern distinguished gentleman bullshit, and I remember one day he went out and spent $400 on this ridiculous straight razor getup, including the leather strap and the brush that the guy is using in the video. I told him he was out of his mind and he gave me some speech about how this was much better than dumb modern razors etc. even though he had never used a straight razor in his life. I also told him that the shave brush I used cost like 8 dollars at Safeway and I didn't understand why his was $150 and girlfriend said "yours isn't badger hair. it's not going to give you as good of a shave". He immediately went in the bathroom to try out his new stuff and cut the ever loving poo poo out of his face with the straight razor. he straight up screamed "fuucckk!!" like 3 times while shaving and came out with these huge cuts all over his face. He never used it again and the store wouldn't take it back because he used it once.

I feel bad making fun of them because they are good friends of mine and are overall rad, but holy poo poo you could sell them the stupidest bullshit with a couple of buzzwords. They were both broke and still spent unfathomable amounts of money on the dumbest snake oil products. He would refuse to drink my store brand coffee and insist on his "artisanal" brand, so sometimes I would use my store brand anyways without telling him and he never noticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The placebo effect is powerful and people will pay top dollar to look better than others. 90% of fancy poo poo is snake oil for suckers.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

When miracle Whip "is in a sandwich you know it" because the sandwich is ruined.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's actually super hip right now to use those things if you are 25.

I still use the mach 3 handle that gillette sent me on my 18th birthday. If you get that reference you are actually old.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Uncle Enzo posted:

Ok that's cool and all but what that means is that you've been massively overpaying for razor blades for a really loving long time

"Look at all these scrubs with home laser printers- those things cost like 150 bucks! I got my hp inkjet printer for 25$ and I've been using it for years!"
*Buys his third 55 dollar ink refill this year*

I have had a full beard for over a decade so I just shave my neck with the Mach 3 and a blade lasts me 3 months. My annual blade cost is about 20 bucks. Possibly less.

I have nothing against old school safety razors, I was responding to the dude who assumed only old people use them.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 10, 2015

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Those things hurt like hell and I don't even have sensitive skin.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lemonslol posted:

macbooks are milenial af.

What if my MacBook is old enough to be in elementary school?

Or does that just make me poor probably.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Double cheeseburger? I'd hit it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I always thought Latrine would be a nice name for a girl.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

If that's who I think it is it's probably safe to assume that kid is a douche and it's not due to technology.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Frostwerks posted:

who do you think it is

I don't even know why I said "I think". It's obviously Elliot Rodger. And actually he was probably a douche due to technology. Not flashes and lens flares though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He started from the bottom now he's here.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seems like most of the short dudes I know irl do fine. It's mainly whiny internet babies that act like it's worse than being black in the 60's. Maybe projecting insecurity isn't attractive?

You probably need thick skin though because people love making short guy jokes.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It def makes doggy style sort of awkward.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

He looks like he would be hanging out with the cast of Girls.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Poor John Snow. I bet the ladies can't stand him.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is this some build up so you can tell us about how you don't watch Game of Thrones?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

second-hand smegma posted:

i dont watch game of thrones. i watched that red wedding episode and the show seemed dumb. /storyoftheday

:lol: I know. When I read that guys post, I was actually thinking "this sounds like something Smegma would say before he tells me Game of Thrones is dumb"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: at dumbasses that put (official) in front of videos of themselves watching a commercial

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This shirt is pretty good though.

Reminds me of this one I always kind of wanted.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 22, 2015

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Plus Wikipedia/google is full of misinformation and if my Facebook feed is any indication, people believe whatever they read with roughly zero critical thought.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

second-hand smegma posted:

that's actually my millennial trap card you just stepped on

:perfect:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I only buy products made in idaho

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

d0s posted:

the second thing actually, they have rich parents

Isn't that basically 100% of brooklyn right now?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

gently caress yeah

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

KoRMaK posted:

She aint interested in anyone postin in this thread

That would depend on what floor she's on probably.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Al Nipper posted:

also stole his gimmick from Eric Wareheim

:nws: https://vimeo.com/4069809

Also clearly just traced the source images so illustrator is a bit of a stretch.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That was like trying to read Chinese.

Isn't that show supposed to be for 6 year olds anyways?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No calling everything problematic has been some Tumblr poo poo for a while.

This hamburger is problematic because it's too small. They knew I would want a bigger hamburger. Was this intended to be fat shaming?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AlphaKeny1 posted:

at 6 mins he hits the nail on the head. anime hosed up elliot's life.

I'd be shocked if there was one mass murderer in the last decade that wasn't super into anime. Maybe the ptsd military guy.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I googled pjis492 and it lead me to this guys twitter. Some Beiberesqe heart throb as far as I can tell.

https://twitter.com/pjcricket492

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Imao the female partner is 100% "I dunno, maybe" and the only difference between dad and friend is that the dad has a bigger dick that hangs to the left.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Oct 30, 2015

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm not gonna let that thing tell me I can't touch my dads boobs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm seeing a lot of insufferable people use the words "do not" in a very commanding way these days.

Also "devastated" :lol: but that's already been pointed out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

How would you even describe the texture of a necco wafer? Compressed Pepto Bismol maybe?

I agree they are pretty good once you get past how weird they are. I doubt any kid on earth likes them though. "ooh what is this strawberry? Oh wait it's potpourri"

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lol this same derail already happened in this thread. How bout them necco wafers guys?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really want to see a picture of that guy who immediately shows up in every thread to have a tantrum after someone makes a short joke.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Is this supposed to be some sort of posture thing?

I think he just said "i've got some meth" and she turned around.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

diabeetz posted:

hot new man bun

This is the exact cut every kid that sold weed in my highschool had in the late 90's. Especially the ones you could tell had a really rough home life. We called it a stoner cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

notZaar posted:

Wealthy people do, that's what I was lamenting about my life.

Isn't a really fancy rear end suit like 3 or 4k tops? I'm sure $10000 suits exist but I don't think most rich people are wearing them.

• Locked thread