Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Popular Thug Drink posted:

so you agree that guns are useless

all things that do not kill are useless, death is the only goal worth striving for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Doccers posted:

http://pse-archery.com/shop/shop-crossbows/tac-ordnance/

These guys make a crossbow upper for an AR-15 lower receiver and fire control group.

I don't even know what the gently caress.

American ingenuity :patriot:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

before guns wars were basically fought with Nerf weapons that's why WWI's violence shocked everyone so much

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

interesting but I would like to point out that it is I who am rubber while you are glue

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

tumblr.txt posted:

if people were trying to ban power tools without knowing the difference between a hammer and a drill you bet I'd rapidly shitpost about those as well.

i disagree with you, but more importantly, I heard a black person might disagree with you, ergo

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

finally the D&D crew gets to the bottom of What's Up With Those Black People

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

man i've got some great owns lined up for what i hypothesize anyone who disagreed with me might say, let me tell you. boy those guys are gonna regret they ever messed with this dude

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

GlyphGryph posted:

Also there's absolutely no one in this thread that wants to ban guns, and very few people in the country that do, so anyone who brings that up - stop being such a facetious rear end in a top hat.

Now if you want to talk about banning pistols or something fine, a couple people here seem like they'd be okay with that, but banning guns (implication: all guns), no.

most people itt don't actually have a developed policy package because they have zero personal stake or experience in the subject matter, and therefore must claim ownership of third parties they can hope are conveniently absent and without independent voice in this conversation like "black people"

if you sneer about those dumb uneducated hicks who want to defend themselves from threats with guns and their internet-diagnosed mental issues but are all reverential about the sacred constitutional right to hunt whitetail you should probably go gently caress yourself

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Literally The Worst posted:

Homeboy links postal shootings, which were almost entirely about bosses treating people like poo poo (which is why most of the victims were the administrators and you got hilarious news footage of coworkers trying not to say "that fucker deserved it"), and Columbine, which was a literal psychopath and his depressed best friend trying to "top" Oklahoma City because did I mention one of them was a psychopath

I have a hard time putting a ton of faith into his thesis

i'm not hugely fond of his research methodology of equating Reaganomics to slavery 1:1 (lol), but the point is that certain kinds of environmental stress increasingly common to workplaces and schools alike will tend to set off susceptible people, and it does in fact seem probable that for every Dylan Kleibold there's dozens of latent psychopaths who don't ever meet the right conditions to send them on a killing spree rather than some people just being fated to murder from birth and coincidentally all hitting the same kinds of places in similar ways for no reason because lol psychos gonna psycho

the idea that this poo poo is purely the product of 'insanity' that comes out of nowhere like a random act of god is exactly the kind of thoughtless media brushoff the book's trying to refute, with inconsistent degrees of competence

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 29, 2015

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Stretch Marx posted:

Ok now, to demonstrate that these are not a threat, shoot yourself with one and get back to us with the results.

A gun is a weapon. It shoots pieces of metal. What the pieces of metal hit depends on the person firing it. This doesn't change the fact that the gun is designed to use that piece of metal to destroy the thing it is aimed at. When you're shooting at a target you're attempting to destroy that target. The only difference between hunting and target shooting is you're attempting to destroy an animal rather than a piece of paper. The gun doesn't take any part in butchering the animal or transporting it home. Its sole job was to kill the animal. Just because the box says that they're target rounds doesn't mean they still wouldn't loving suck getting shot with one. All you've done is chosen the target of destruction to be an inanimate object. Still doesn't change the fact that the gun's sole purpose is to destroy it.

please have someone hit you in the face with a claw hammer as hard as they can a couple times and report back

i don't mean come up with a limply sarcastic snotty comeback for why you'll never do anything interesting I want you to literally do that, it'll be funny

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

most oftehn these hicks are the biggest threat to themselves and i fully support their constitutionally protected right to defend themselves from any threat necessary

that's p much what democracy is yeah

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

various cheeses posted:

I think you're lumping actual gun owners in with people who only buy a gun with the expressed purpose of shooting themselves with it.

those guys are gun owners, briefly

sort of a poor return on investment imo but whatevs

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

extremely cost effective actually, they don't carry the gun around and risk shooting some innocent. they immediately identify the threat and take it out, and should be applauded for this economy of thought and action

yeah but you don't buy a truck every time you want to move some furniture, it's just sort of extravagant if you're only planning to use it the once

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Mr. Wookums posted:

Recently some owners have been using it on their family first.

now this is more cost-effective, I wonder if this recent rise in thrifty thinking is tied to the economy making people more conscientious about stretching their dollar

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Who What Now posted:

What are you going to do if you're attacked? Gently rub your pistol against your assailants cheek? I know guns are a sexual thing for you but that's taking it a little far, don't you think?

i didn't and don't carry around guns for defense but when a guy busted into my house, jumped someone in bed, and started strangling them the presence of a shotgun was highly conducive to the whole thing ending in a civil conversation about appropriate conflict management on the living room couch

most defensive gun uses don't end in a body, and imo they're much better and safer persuasive tools than a knife or your bare hands or whatnot

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

oh cool now we're on to the not totally sad 'i find people who have relevant experience politically inconvenient therefore they don't exist' stage of the show

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Who What Now posted:

How is your masturbation fantasy politically inconvenient to me? I don't care what gets you off man, it's all good.

i can get u a police report if you want but that's asking me to spend like an hour on the phone to win an internet argument so i'll need you to toxx to never attempt sarcasm again if I do, because your posting is mega stinko dogshit

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

buk-buk-bawwwk-ba-bawwwwk-BAWK

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

various cheeses posted:

You need two hands to load the chamber. You don't get to say "hold on pal, let me load my gun first".

you're probably also not doing the shootout at high noon either tho

your life but I defo wouldn't want a gun with one in the chamber riding right next to my junk all day and I'd feel real loving stupid explaining the highly specific hypothetical scenario that lead to my having to piss through a tube

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

cheese posted:

I mean, have you installed a roll cage in your car to improve your odds of surviving a car crash?

how much would this cost, hypothetically

the cowpusher was no go cause apparently my state hates joy but I bet I could do this

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

cheese posted:

I don't know, 10 grand?

gently caress that then what'd a mounted harpoon gun run me, assume an 02 accord

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i sorta always envisioned a guy riding on the roof to aim and reload it but I see your point, I'll have to consider this further

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i too carry a loaded weapon on the assumption that people who touch my body need to be immediately killed

i know you haven't seen me but it is in fact inconceivable that someone would voluntarily touch me without malign intent and gloves

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

a truly defense-minded indivudual maintains a protective layer of grease, sweat, and lubricated dirt at all time to render themselves invulnerable to grappling\

i'm pretty sure that the guy who shudders at the thought of human contact knows 'how to chamber a round one handed'

lol

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

SedanChair posted:

nice, a DA/SA that you cannot safely put in DA mode

counter-counterpoint:

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DeusExMachinima posted:

Ok but what if Usain Bolt had a knife then knives would be as deadly as guns cuz you can't outrun a human bullet

nonsense even Pistorius preferred a gun

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

man people get so hostile to the guy even remotely, it really explains how he seems to consistently be in life-threatening violent situations where he has to legally defend himself

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DeusExMachinima posted:

If usain had a 9mm and fired it while running forward at top speed the added velocity might upgrade the bullet impact to the equivalent of a 45

Need I remind you a 45 is a 1 shot kill on hardcore mode

i hear there's a legislative push to make his legs, like my fists, registered weapons requiring a permit to pass through airports

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

funny, I don't think it's funny at all when a child is killed.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

counterpoint: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hfLZozBVpM

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

agreed, guns are very useful when you creepily follow a teenager, confront them, and that teenager starts whipping your rear end. you might have to use a gun to prevent the violent altercation you created from getting completely out of control

let he who has not spent an idle weekend stalking teenagers cast the first stone, bro

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

you're extremely unlikely to get shot by a petty criminal in any country, save maybe Syria

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

in order to ensure we're all on the same page europeans commentating on American domestic policies itt should all review the seminal scholarly publication on What America Is Really Like

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

gypsies

it's always loving gypsies

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

DeusExMachinima posted:

Okay here's a gun control compromise that respects the second amendment. Take all guns currently on the NFA off and replace them with pistols. Adjust the $200 tax from 1934 for inflation. Being that pistols are of questionable military value for militia service, this is A-OK.

works for me. hell even the short-barreled ___ bits make sense in light of pistol restriction, it's eliminating the most concealable weapons which are the most desirable for petty crime. Extend the tax and licensing procedure to police departments, who are one of the standout most prominent sources of guns used in crimes anyway, and the military for fairness' sake. Civilian restrictions on armaments the state and elites afford themselves access to are unconstitutional and anti-democratic, an ATGM on every mantelpiece

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 30, 2015

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

The Insect Court posted:

This is bad, even by the low bar one comes to expect from gun nuts.

It's like insisting that Hillary has <0.1% support because that poll that shows her at 55% in the general only polled a thousand people, so only 550 support here.

Here's the number that matters: 87% of seized firearms traced to their origin were from the United States.

if you polled a thousand people carrying Clinton 2016 placards at a Clinton campaign rally and only 55% supported her, that probably would not be indicative that Hillary has 55% support nationwide.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

the scenario of maybe 50% of hillary supporters actually wanting her to be president was just the most plausible analogy that came to mind

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Who What Now posted:

I do if I'm gonna do more than fire off a dozen or so rounds. I know I should always use hearing protection regardless but :effort:

it really sucks to be deaf at 50 fyi

i'll hang out in a cloud of smoke and zinc vapors all day but anything gets louder than like hammering nails I'm putting muffs on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

give guns the vote IMO

• Locked thread