Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

thanks OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Salt Fish posted:

I was doing some reading just now about guns and I was shocked to learn that guns can be used to kill things. I learned that guns have been used in conflicts large and small all over the world for the express purpose of killing. Did you know that guns shoot "bullets" which are small pieces of metal designed to cause injuries and even death? Really shocking, not sure what to think about guns anymore.

Thanks for the info, this is surprising and I'll have to look into it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

tumblr.txt posted:

I have some bullets marked "not suitable for hunting". Like, the manufacturer is actually saying "no guys these are not meant for shooting animals, they will do a bad job, they were designed for targets and that's it".

How can this be??

I don't know what the numbers mean on the box, but those bullets don't look normal to me.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are there actual gun arguments happening anywhere in the USA, or just pantomimes of one like this thread?

I'll get back to you with this information.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

tumblr.txt posted:

I think they're for dispelling vampires, or possibly ghosts, I always forget.

I don't think this guy is being serious.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I think a lot of people in this thread just don't know anything about guns and are succumbing to propaganda.

But we should ban guns IMO.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Mr.Bob posted:

One of my best friends shot himself in the head while arguing with his wife in the driveway of their house, supposedly to prove some point to her. A close friend of his had just died and he was in a a bad way. He had been doing well for himself as far as I can tell but you never know what is under the surface. I am sad he is gone, but guns are still rad.

Edit: he was an organ donor so he still lives on and has saved the lives of several others in his death.

I'm not against gun control, I'm just pro-suicide?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Powercrazy posted:

Well why aren't you out campaigning about the 30,000+ fatal car accidents per year then? Because obviously the licensing, insurance, etc, we have on vehicle ownership is insufficient.

Because cars aren't toys for the irresponsible, they are actually a useful part of daily life.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

various cheeses posted:

What about how swimming pools kill more kids than guns?

So we only care about kids now?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Tezzor posted:

Lol, kid death. Not as serious and important as my toy selection

No, you see owning toys that kill people is completely equivalent to swimming lessons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

it really sucks to be deaf at 50 fyi

i'll hang out in a cloud of smoke and zinc vapors all day but anything gets louder than like hammering nails I'm putting muffs on

also sucks to be dead but that hasn't stopped gun enthusiasts either

• Locked thread