Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
Let's talk about Pittsburgh, friends. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
thread, like the penguins, delivers

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
pittsburgh girls: we keep the party going! 💁🏻

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
My grandma lived on Neville Island when it was farms and a shipyard. She was cool as hell.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

this is my favorite pittsburgh youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD_vMDcYXc0

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

graph posted:

Let's talk about Pittsburgh, friends. :)

It seems the Pittsburgher has become the Pittsburghee

But seriously, Pittsburgh a bad town

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr. Nice! posted:

this is my favorite pittsburgh youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD_vMDcYXc0

steeler fans can laugh at this now, but boy golly that sure was something experienced in real time

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Have we won in Denver since the mountain air activated Ryan Clark's sickle cell trait

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GalacticAcid posted:

Have we won in Denver since the mountain air activated Ryan Clark's sickle cell trait

i dont think so

did you know? the steelers and the broncos have met in the playoffs 8 times, way more than any other teams. 5 of those 8 times the winner has gone on to play in the super bowl

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
some friends of mine are looking for houses in pittsburgh and not having a very easy time of it, they seem to have unrealistic expectations for price given where they want to live and be able to walk to things

though they are currently paying (i think) $1300/month for a 2-bedroom, and maybe another $100 for two off-street parking spaces, so i have no loving clue how they could be unable to afford a mortgage even with not much down

they both have degrees from cleveland university; my wife's old roommate during undergrad, and her husband, who met in cleveland and then happened to move here too, and they have good jobs, so my wife and i are kind of baffled at what they think they should be paying and what kind of mortgage payment theyre trying to get that wont be significantly cheaper than their current rent

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
counterpoint though: they recently looked at a house with a kitchen that was recently redone, and it literally did not have an oven

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
sensible pittsburgh design, the urge to stick your head in it would be overwhelming

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
if my wife and i were planning to still be here in 5 years we would definitely be in the process of buying a house

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

im really amused that the pittsburgh booster got owned in the pittsburgh thread for not posting about pittsburgh

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
the pittsburgh bus schedule and traffic patterns in oakland have been hosed up for the past month or so, since a important road that passes through CMU (Forbes) is closed due to a water main break

apparently the repair crews kept finding more and more problems once they started digging things up, and decided "fine while we have the road open, lets just fix everything"

two lanes of Forbes now have to turn left onto a one-lane low-capacity side road, which is a source of endless hilarity as people actively try to prevent a nice zipper merge out of spite

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

Pillbug
at the risk of playing "armchair traffic engineer", it seems like the city should have just closed the right lane of Forbes from Bellefield to Craig, so everyone whos going to have to turn left to get to Fifth can do that at a more appropriate place

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
did you know that in pittsburgh, a pittsburgh-rare style steak is called 'black and blue' instead? hosed up

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

graph posted:

did you know that in pittsburgh, a pittsburgh-rare style steak is called 'black and blue' instead? hosed up

that was a question on jeopardy! the other day.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

current pittsburgh tv political ads status: in the same commercial break, we have a commercial for pat toomey boasting that he supported our american heroes in ferguson, missouri, and a commercial for joe sestak promising that he'll defend obamacare. it's like our own little trump v bernie

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GameCube posted:

pat toomey boasting that he supported our american heroes in ferguson

:stare:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3-HYGCp3BE

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

All hail our hero soldier cops

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

maniacdevnull posted:

Actually it doesn't. 305k, which is less than Cleveland and far less than Baltimore, which is a better city than Pittsburgh.

Wow this is surprising to me. Who would have thought that Pittsburgh had a smaller population than the town I used to live in by a factor of two.

What a lovely city Pittsburgh is!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

ScrubLeague posted:

Wow this is surprising to me. Who would have thought that Pittsburgh had a smaller population than the town I used to live in by a factor of two.

What a lovely city Pittsburgh is!

You taking about Pittsburgh is some Pro level username/post content synergy, ScrubLeague!

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
Tekko Con, Pittsburgh's premiere anime convention, starts next thursday!

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

bump_fn posted:

Tekko Con, Pittsburgh's premiere anime convention, starts next thursday!

What the dick?! Anime in the Pittsburgh thread!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

maniacdevnull posted:

What the dick?! Anime in the Pittsburgh thread!

Pittsburgh is good.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
pittsburgh is so kawaii

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
whats the biggest screen in pittsburgh

kinda want to see if it beats this

https://twitter.com/catherinekelley/status/715589113286512640

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ayn rand hand job posted:

whats the biggest screen in pittsburgh

kinda want to see if it beats this

https://twitter.com/catherinekelley/status/715589113286512640

i think the jumbotron in heinz field. also xavier woods is extremely good

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
you ask how I know of pittsburgh, pennsylvania?
well I spent a week there one day
they've got entertainment to dazzle your eyes
go visit the bakery and watch the buns rise!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
it's 'burgh

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Pittsburgh is good. My high school baseball team played a couple of games at PNC Park. The airport has a town called Moon near it. When I'm visiting friends in Dormont and sitting at the Thai place for post hangover lunch, I know Tori is watching over us.

pittsburgh's alright

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Postmaster GBS posted:

Pittsburgh is good. My high school baseball team played a couple of games at PNC Park. The airport has a town called Moon near it. When I'm visiting friends in Dormont and sitting at the Thai place for post hangover lunch, I know Tori is watching over us.

pittsburgh's alright

I lived in Dormont until last year. Now I live a half mile from Dormont.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

near moon, there's a town called kennedy, and in kennedy, there's a self storage place called the Kennedy Space Center.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

You can travel from Moon to Mars in about twenty five minutes.

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pittsburgh is actually ba-

*a thousand yinzers rush in from off-stage and punch me in the nuts, which i rightly deserve*

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
probably not going back to pittsburgh this year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

never really thought about pittsburgh but i saw a picture of PNC stadium today and i though "woah, pittsburgh is alright!"

• Locked thread