Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i've been alerted to a lot of poop touching itt

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
welp that should just about do it. have a good night all

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Banshee was filmed near Pittsburgh.

lots of cool things were filmed in pittsburgh

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
maybe this should be the pittsburgh thread now

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Siljmonster posted:

can i post a band from pittsburg

sure, friend. pittsburgh is very good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
pittsburgh: if it's not aiello's vs. mineo's chat we don't want to know

i like it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ive partied with these guys i thought they were akron or something

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

German Chocolate cake from Moio's

hell yeah

did you get fresh cannoli to go with it

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
hello friends i have an important announcement

this is now the pittsburgh thread. all non-pittsburgh posts will be probated. attempts at new video games for children threads will be gassed and the OP banned

thank you for listening

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

let's talk about wholeys fish market. its in the strip. they get hella fish and have folks cutting that poo poo up right on the floor. smells like gross fish guts in the front room but they have a cool ceiling train that runs along a track

you can get a fresh fried fish sandwich in the back and have a cool kitchen stuff shop upstairs. you can get a lot of cool poo poo here. all the pittsburgh grandmas buy their wigilia orange roughy here. its a good spot

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

when youre done at wholeys you can put your sick wholey finds into your trunk (you have a chest full of ice in yr trunk obvs) and head on to rolands. you wanna sit up on that landing and get some of that fresh fish style along with a cold brew and watch everyone on the strip from above

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

last stop for your afternoon: prestogeorge

prestogeorge is full of cool poo poo like fresh pasta and tons of roasted-on-the-spot coffee beans and teas and fuckin euro cookies and poo poo. its awesome.

the kicker however is the old dude outside the door with the 1900s peanut roaster. you wanna buy a bag of fresh hot shelled peanuts from that dude. crack a couple on the way to your car

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

that's one of the three sisters bridges in pittsburgh. one of them closes down during baseball games so there can be a big immediate public space people can have fun in

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ScrubLeague posted:

The Mysteries of Pittsburgh is one of my favorite books.

it's a great book, imo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bump_fn posted:

thread, like the Penguins, delivers

couple good games as of late. a deep playoff push is nigh!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ScrubLeague posted:

Are the Pirates on their way to being good again like they were at the turn of the 90s?

i really feel last year's run was the golden chance. but they ran into another unstoppable in the wild card game. first madbum, then arrietta. madbum was once quoted saying 'if we beat the pirates in the WC, we win the world series.' he was right

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

The Phillies won 102 games in 2011 and have been a garbage bag full of piss and poo poo ever since. Luckily, we aren't the Phillies.

cliff lee making the jump from the indians to the phillies was a Real Bad move. there could have been a pirates/indians WS.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bump_fn posted:

do you get cheap penguins tickets or was it just pirates? I assume since they're doing well tickets are hard to come by

pirates bleacher seats are always cheap and they offer new ticket plans this season which are very reasonable. pens games are expensive but they offer deep discounts to students and sometimes the pens players come out after practice and share pizza with the students waiting in line for tickets

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ScrubLeague posted:

Is it true that Pittsburgh is where folks started removing "to be" from clauses, so that it becomes "needs fixed?"

yes. also chicagoans and bostonians try to steal the idea of the 'pittsburgh parking chair' after big snows because they're insecure.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

bump_fn posted:

that place owned and it was by one of the steepest streets

pittsburgh has the steepest street in the nation. bay area asslords get pissed because they think san francisco has the steepest street, and cry about it because they think they're owed everything.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

ScrubLeague posted:

How were the blueberries?

you tread a fine line. make sure you post about Pittsburgh blueberries next time.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

I like the part where that steep street in San Francisco has switchbacks because they can't handle actually driving up a hill without help. What a shameful city.

same goes to you

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

My wife packed them for me in my Pittsburgh lunch bag, which I opened and consumed the contents of at Point State Park (a park in Pittsburgh). They were really good.

point state park is very good. i'm glad they finally fixed the fountain. i always liked walking through that covered bridge portion

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

I'm petitioning to include anything in Allegheny County as 'Pittsburgh', because lol if you think this county would exist without the Jewel of Appalachia.

motion agreed. i've never been to fallingwater.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GalacticAcid posted:

Spak Brothers in Friendship has very good sandwiches much like Primanti's. I miss the Bloomfield Bridge Tavern for beer and pierogis, and Conflict Kitchen, and mussels at Point Brugge.

I'll be rallying other ex-pats to watch Opening Day in New York, and can't wait to be home in May. I'd shoot someone for Pamela's in the morning - split sweet and savory, blueberry hot cakes with corned beef hash and eggs.

my friend. spak bros. pamelas. the BBT. you're talking my language. that good poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

I have never been to BBT,

the BBT held the nation's longest running drum and bass weekly in the nation. 12 years. i am absolutely privileged to have played it twice. BBT love 5ever.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Mods, please probate this garbage bag poster for threadshitting.

while it's jealous bay area garbage posting about how sf is so much better, the post is still about pittsburgh. funny how they come out of the woodwork to defend their city they pay $4000/month to live in in which human poo poo is caked on the sidewalk. lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
some of you this morning are making posts that have no relation to pittsburgh. it is very important that every post in this thread is related to pittsburgh or you will be probated. thank you

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

carry on then posted:

The Pittsburgh Steelers were defeated by the Denver Broncos 16-23 in the divisional round of the NFL postseason.

one of the most brutal steeler losses. thankfully we can look back on it and laugh now

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
remember when meghan klingenberg scored at goal at heinz field then busted out the terrible towel? that was super cool imo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Yodzilla posted:

what the gently caress happened here

Please read my posts in this thread, thank you.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

Weird way to spell "Cubs," but I'm sure the Pirates will continue to be competitive.

gently caress the cubs for destroying kang's knee and maddon playing it off as 'plantar fasciitis.' i hope clint doles retribution this year

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fabricated posted:

So are you actually like from Pittsburgh

yes

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fabricated posted:

I've never actually been to Pittsburgh- like I know you love the place or whatever but is the baseball scene there like good for casual fans who may just catch a game or two sometimes

I'm not really a huge baseball fan but I spent a vacation at a friends place in chicago and the cubs games were pretty fun to go to

pnc park is loving awesome

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Lysidas posted:

current pittsburgh status: sprinkled a bit, but pretty nice outside now, been seeing multiple groups of [1 or 2 parents, presumably prospective student visiting this campus, and optional younger sibling(s)] wandering around aimlessly

hope u enjoy the update :)

it's cool you ended up there. pittsburgh is a good place to be. keep it rust belt

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
one thing i dont like now about the pittsburgh skyline is how one company got the idea to put their sign at the top of one then everybody did it. looks like fuckign tacky poo poo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

born on a buy you posted:

I believe you'll find there is only one good team in all of sports called the cardinals. sadly they were not as good as the steelers in their Super Bowl battle

where was warner's god when harrison pick sixed that mf

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

born on a buy you posted:

covering the refs eyes on the obvious block on the back against Fitzgerald at mid field.

i dont see any block in the back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqnQwKAI4OE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Citizen Tayne posted:

I haven't been there yet but I hear it's great. There are always more places to try than I have time or space at my waistline in Pittsburgh.

RIP the kleiner deutschmann :(

• Locked thread