Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

ayn rand hand job posted:

the least embarassing profile is a dude in a squirrel suit
he brought his nuts to uranus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
just played csgo with someone who said "yospos bicth" and now i've been kicked from the server from suiciding too many times

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Pinterest Mom posted:

huh, pa is still hot garbage, go figure

i don't even know what motherboard is but i can already guess that having no comments secton is probably for the best

epsecially if it causes someone to whine enough to make a comic about it

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Nitrocat posted:

is divinity: original sin a good game to play by yourself or with someone else?
both really

when i played by myself i had 2 main characters that constantly argued with eachother

also engaging conversation with a boss with one character while the other moved barrels around/laid traps

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
https://vimeo.com/140230525

a game about poo poo and piss

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

angry_keebler posted:

the best thing about bethesda games is the thousands of trash items with no purpose but to gently caress up and start noisily vibrating when they clip into the floor and then cause that cell to crash and corrupt your save
my favorite thing about skyrim is sitting down at a dinner table and all the food is vibrating intensely on their plates

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
looks p much like skyrim + all dlc except fallout atm

built a house, tend to your garden, sell potatoes

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Dodoman posted:

dust_2 avg wait: 0:47s

every other map except vertigo : 3:00mins
you're only going to be waiting that long if you have only 1 of those other maps checked

still going to get into a game relatively quickly if you have everything checked except for dust 2

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
my favorite map has been vertigo for all the silly poo poo you could do, but they took out the wilhelm scream for when you fall off the edge and made it so you couldn't take the bomb with you

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i actually kinda like condition zero deleted scenes

it's basically face off the game

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i have 8 gb of ram in my gaming system but maybe i'll buy more soon

16 gb of ram in my macbook :getin:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

NyetscapeNavigator posted:

apparently there's an ms-dos emblem in Halo 5?

would use if i played halo 5

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
what a disaster

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i just bought vermintide

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
just played vermintide. i like it

it's definitely left 4 dead though. got grabbed by a rat and then clobbered by a rat tank

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i'm probably going to buy fallout 4, but after it goes on sale or comes out with a goty/complete edition 1 year after release

i bought fallout nv goty boxed at walmart for $15 1 year after it was released and haven't regretted that decision

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
couldn't really finish the second one for some reason. i honestly liked the combat in the first fear a lot more

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Malloc Voidstar posted:

my favorite fear moment was playing one of the expansions and the guy i killed showed up and i went "wait i killed you" and his first words were "i know none of this makes sense"

also i replayed fear 1 a lot so "you will be a god among men" and "what's the first thing you remember" are burned into my memory. i haven't played a fear game in years and i can still hear them
also a man crawling under a truck after me while screaming "YOU'RE DEAD, FUCKER"

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
fallout 3 but with a high res texture pack

also who played talos principle? maybe we can stick in a bit of that as well

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i once died in skyrim because i stepped on a bucket and it clipped through my body and injured me severely

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
lol rage

yeah touting MEGATEXTURES doesn't help when you start up the game and find that everything looks like it came right out of quake 2

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Improbable Lobster posted:

lol

review embargos are such bullshit
still can't embargo 1000s nerds complaining about the game on launch (looking at you mass effect 3)

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Korean Boomhauer posted:

i cant tell if thats a parody or not
i need this to be bad. like dungeon siege movie level bad

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
do they make a prince albert in a can joke too

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Al! posted:

i bet they think it's some kind of mind bending twist
fallout 3: find your dad
fallout 4: be a dad

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

bump_fn posted:

eye divine supremacy

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

bump_fn posted:

lol apparently fallout 4 console cant run consistent 30
yeah expect more weird floaty movement because there's input lag, like in every single other bethesda game on a console

vats is only there so you can actually shoot things

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
build an amd apu and hook it up to a big tv and see what results you get

probably not that much better if you try to run everything on high or ultra quality

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i wonder if there can ever be an elder scrolls but with chivalry's combat mechanics

fumble around with weapons and real time swinging mechanics and accidentally kill both your enemies and friends in one swing with a zweihander

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
new vegas had a bug like this with protecting the president. one of the fixes was to kill the quest receiver and then respawn him via console

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
basically, just wait a while until some nerds figure out how to fix things via console commands and post them on a wiki

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
basically bioshock infinite could have been a set of calendar images or a comic book and it would have been 1000x more enjoyable

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Shaggar posted:

also when they tried to retcon parts of the main story in the dlc
this is what i mean by it probably being better as a comic book, because it has a typical comic book level story

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Endless Mike posted:

lol if you thinhk video game writing is any better than comic book writing
except i've never had a comic book grab my head and force me to watch something

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i still have the neverwinter nights map and wow the map is super low quality like they took a 800x600 jpg and put it to print

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Al! posted:

also funny that they figured out that they could do the same thing with digital versions of games and people would pay the same amount even though all they're getting is like a pdf and some mp3s that you can usually just get from the game's directory
used to visit so many fansites to figure out where to go to rip things (or to download a thing they already ripped and uploaded)

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

mad.radhu posted:

Fallout 4 engine speed is directly tied to frame rate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EHjFkVw-s
cool i wonder if this means you can trick jump ye old quake style

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Improbable Lobster posted:

new vegas did a good job of making badguy and goodguy choices interestinf
i liked new vegas because there's nothing wrong about saving the day but also loving a robot now and then

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
also aside from allying with mr house, the other ending choices (ncr/independent) didn't necessarily feel like right or wrong as just whatever you felt was the right thing to do overall

e: i also liked playing as a woman and murdering everyone in caesar's camp just because

Phoenixan fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Nov 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

scamtank posted:

i'm just kinda amazed by how many typos there are

you think they'd catch POSEIDEN PUMPING FACILITY on the first pass

never forget

• Locked thread