Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

games are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

pls send me all ur vulpics. thhx

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

yes. more. give me more

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

♫ gotta infiltrate the ladies' room, i'll be back real soon ♫

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i don't know how to feel about the whole shadow of the colossus/legend of metal gear ride your horse everywhere poo poo going on. it seems you can gta it up and steal a vehicle or two but the horse kinda kills the pacing a tad?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Space-Pope posted:

u can make the horse poop on command

people and vehicles can slip on the poop and get knocked out

i have heard about the poop but it still doesn't change that you have to ride the horse a heck of a lot

note i'm enjoying it so far, it just doesn't really feel like an mgs in a lot of ways. could also be the default difficulty level but it's easy to just run around and headshot everyone while she blinded me with science plays in the background

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is like a virgin in the game, it came out in 1984

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

they released the metroid prime trilogy on virtual console

1 and 2 are completely unplayable with the remote

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i'll buy a ps4 when the ff7 remake comes out, if it ends up not being a huge pos

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i've played like ten hours maybe, it's a fun game but it doesn't hold my attention for extremely long periods of time the longer i play it. i don't like that snake doesn't really talk at all even in the normal cutscenes. it's some final fantasy silent hero bullshit. basically depending on what you normally expect from an mgs it's either the best or worst entry of the main series, relatively speaking.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

that links to this which is worse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qvJx0p2eu4

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

haveblue posted:

destiny ttk is pretty great, it's like reaper of souls or a realm reborn or assassin's creed 1->2 level of improvement and overhaul

i was considering getting the ps4 bundle. i tried it when it originally came out and it got boring real quick but supposedly it's not bad now? idk

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

so much cool st uff has been added to the overworld thats its hard to fit without writing a ton of poo poo

one thing that might make you bite and try it out: there is scannable items in the overworld ala metroid prime and the ghost gives you a bit of lore on it

scattered fragments on the new area to collect a really cool exotic

new events on planets with the new enemies

more story driven missions

gently caress,

metroid prime is the best game ever made imo. its still a hefty bullet to bite cost wise though so i dunno

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

my tv is whatever the current 42" vizio is. i have mgsv already on pc. i don't have those other games but my attention span has gotten worse with age, at least as far as games go.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

pretty sure after waiting a few hours the slight desire for the ps4 bundle subsided

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

stoutfish posted:

mgs2 is great

its the best one, op

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mgs5 is ok. ive been playing it in bursts since it came out but to me it's not as good as the others even if it's objectively a good game. i don't know why i didn't like mgs3 that much and it came out like 11 years ago at this point, but i played the poo poo out of mgs2.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Jerry Cotton posted:

Maybe because MGS3 had really big focus on boss battles which sucked a lot of fun out of the game whereas MGS2 focused on the actual sneaky bits?

that kinda makes sense yeah. mgs2 had its share of bosses but they were generally pretty contained. mgs2 let you do a ton of sneaking around and mgs3 you could do the same but it was more effort in changing the face paints and outfits and you had to hide under the floorboards of little outposts and poo poo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i barely remember being 19

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

earthbound is poo poo and unplayable

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Raged posted:

whelp played sw battlefront and I hate it. I wanted to like it so much. I would bet they farmed out the map design and balance to a group home for the mentally disabled.

i tried it for ten minutes and

it's bad

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Space-Pope posted:

is it true that you die in just one hit until you ~level up~ in the new battlefront?

because if so then lmfao way to screw up rule number one with competitive games

lol so that's why i was dying almost instantly

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Necronomoticon posted:

trip report: battlefront is not a good game.

it's astoundingly bad, op

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sudo Echo posted:

yeah this, no depth at all. hit max level and got bored.

its truly astounding how bad it is. like they had to actively try to gently caress it up.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

it is actually a very bad game though

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

destiny is very playable now

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoxrhSXUras

lmao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is the new tales game any good i haven't played one since symphonia which loving owned

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Space-Pope posted:

also true fact: FFXV will be awful

not because it's japanese or w/e weirdo racists say

no. it's because it has nomura involved

the best main series ff is ff9 which is the most recent one he wasn't involved in

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

he's gonna gently caress up the ff7 remake in some sort of major way and it's gonna be spectacular

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i bet that contrary to reasonable improbability it will involve an option of preventing aeris from dying, altering the entire timeline in a convoluted way in order to have a spinoff game of subsequent events differing from advent children and people will flip their poo poo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Silver Alicorn posted:

ff8 was good if only for its batshit insane story

squall dies

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Space-Pope posted:

oh poo poo new dota 2 custom game from valve for halloween

it's an area capture thing. p much nonstop teamfights

i have to play again at some point ive been busy for a while and stopped right when mgsv came out

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i get bored as poo poo of bethesda games and never played a fallout so i assume i should not buy fo4

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i kinda wanna buy fallout cause i have an urge to dick around in a game but i also have more productive stuff i could do :|

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ZShakespeare posted:

haha what? doesn't overwatch have microtransactions and they want cash up front for it too?

isn't it supposed to be mediocre as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is there a recent game to play that's not a colossal fail or a rage inducer or a worse than usual timesink

• Locked thread