Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Awia posted:

i rented twin snakes for a week and finished it 3 times, it was really short

mlyp(enis)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
finally got dark souls working again, holy balls am i bad at it now

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Space-Pope posted:

do a bloodborne run

no shield, keep load below 25%, minimal magic

thats what im trying to do :newlol:

actually i rolled a cleric and was reminded of why i never bother with miracles. heal takes like 10 sec to cast and restores less life than estus. homeward, force, etc are all useless as tits on a bull (sorry 4 heteronormativity). like why would i put anything into faith or attunement? all im doing is raising the enemies levels and not have anything to counter

also i think im used to lighter weapons, i have a +5 mace and it hits hard enough but the recovery time and stam drain are hard to deal with

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

haveblue posted:

p. sure soul levels don't work like that and enemy strength is by area alone

i had always heard enemies scaled off of soul level

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

yeah the use of progressively more naked women as a reward (especially v. crude video game avatars) is weird and creepy

wierder still is how long it was considered cool + good by the population at large

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Cold on a Cob posted:

i don't think it's a coincidence that PUA bullshit is achieving traction in a generation of men raised on video games that have women as a reward

Shaggar posted:

I think its more that the internet makes these people more visible

agreed on both

PUA poo poo has been around forever for people who don't "get" normal human interaction. but treating women as a reward for performance or w/e is not really helping anything

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

the last montage shows players receiving achievements for doing things that would be considered sexual assault irl. ffs what is wrong with gaming

was that the upskirt pantsu shot game? i mena at least those arent widely popular. i dont think. i didnt watch the whole thing

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Blackula69 posted:

yeah it's crazy how that completely stopped and we don't do it anymore

where did i say it had stopped

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

hubris.height posted:

anita is an attractive woman co-opting unattractive women's culture, and i find that morally reprehensible.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Squeezy Farm posted:

nice job supporting gray market cd key resellers. and a referral URL to boot. gently caress you.

Property is theft, op

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Cold on a Cob posted:

just cause 2 was fun

idk if 3 will still have the magic

ya

i want it to be good but its probably just more of the same. just like life

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

haveblue posted:

who flipped this image, it really bothers me

im the unnecessary resizing and added borders

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://twitter.com/VanamoMedia/status/638416866352959488

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Awia posted:

guys, i have a dark and dreadful secret...i like videogames

:wth:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

time 2 buuy a ps4 i ghuess :allears:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

say what you will about the oblivion zoomcam, it was way better than skyrim's tendency to have the npc you're talking to get roasted by a dragon mid conversation
*is fighting hi level mage*

"Here, take this and hide it for me"AAAAAAAAAAAAFUCKFUFCKFUCKFUCKCANCELCANCELCANCEL*dies*

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i fooled with pcsx2 as well recently and spent forever not getting gt3 or 4 to run. so i played them on my ps2 instead

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

micromancer lookin good

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

haveblue posted:

tangentially related to games: the speakers in my 5.1 systems are dying and amazon has thousands and no idea what to look for or avoid beyond basic size and bare wire connectors. advice?

http://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/cine-beta-kipnis-studio-standard-6-million-kss-home-theater/

whatever this guy has

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Luigi Thirty posted:

I think Kojima might have problems with women

OF COURSE I'VE GOT A PROBLEM WITH WOMEN. Everyone has a problem with women because women taunt and tease because they are attractive and they punish you for being attracted.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
raiden iv is pretty fun

now if only my lovely monitor arm would hold the monitor in portrait mode :argh:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

theyre too busy wanking themselves on good graphics and realistic car physics to actually make themselves fun to play

realistic can be fun if you're a driving sperg

i find it a bit frustrating since feeling the car move is integral to driving well. this is why i want a sega rally 2 sitdown cab

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

video games are for adults

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Notorious QIG posted:

wait is this really the reason

given kojima's history, i'm saying it's plausible

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
i don't have a problem with wanting naked women in your game. just be honest and own your creepiness. "there are naked women in this game because i like naked women"

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
please note that this level of honesty is why im such a hit with ~*~DA LADEEEEZ~*~ :q:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

i'm excited that Dragon's Dogma is coming to PC but it is a Capcom game and there is zero chance that it's not an utter poo poo show

they seemed to learn their lesson from RE4....haven't heard complaints since then

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

haveblue posted:

only play silent hill 2

yes

also play it when it's quiet and dark :unsmigghh:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

ugh i forgot that i hate stealth games

me, every time i think i will enjoy mgs

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Shaggar posted:

arkham knight runs way better after the patch

I was one of the lucky ones i guess, i never had much of an issue with arkham knight. Ofc i havent tried it on win10 yet and ive been having semi regular video driver crashes

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Bhodi posted:

looool quiggy got probed for yosposting about hearthstone in grey forums

Grey forums: not even once

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Space-Pope posted:

go against popular opinion for a bad card game, apparently

Also any joke more subtle than a popular meme. It angers and confuses them

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Shaggar posted:

im running it on win10 and it works fine, but it was crashing at startup cause it couldn't write settings to its folder in my documents. apparently you lose access to ur documents folder after a win 10 upgrade and im guessing it has to do w/ switching from a local account to a Microsoft account. I took ownership on the folder and removed the old non-existent users and it worked fine after that.

Huh, weird. Ill bear that in mind.

I kind of dont like how libraries work anymore either. Far as i can tell its one folder per library and meh

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Shaggar posted:

so heres the thing about that:
Libraries still exist but they aren't shown by default. you can turn them back on w/ a registry edit.

The replacement folders you see at the top of everything are something totally different and stupid and you can delete them with a registry edit.

Whoa cool. I ll have to try that when i get home :tipshat:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Shaggar posted:

I guess maybe people don't understand libraries, but why not just do what you did in win 7 and make the libraries contain only the default folder and hide the library features if they're not being used.

Yeah i like having my tv and movies in separate folders and win7 libraries worked with that really well. Its not a huge deal just kinda weird and annoying

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

if anyone needs me i'll be in my bunk

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Shaggar posted:

beat arkham knight. its a pretty good game. Jason todd is a whiney baby.

played some of the talos principle dlc. it seems harder which is nice

dat post-patch rain :eyepop:

pf course now ive lost all momentum so idk if im gonna play it much more. got like 16% lmao

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Dodoman posted:

i live in a literal desert so how do you explain the dust in my house

whatever it is its almost assuredly your fault

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Liver Disaster posted:

this
if your telephone isnt a peice of poo poo you can have an enjoyable time playing psp games
if you want physical controls buy a psp go and get your video games for free

on that note is there a really nice BT controller i could use with my phone for emus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Dodoman posted:

ds3/4

needs root+app though

yeah im not really comfortable rooting my phone, seems dicey

also wouldnt an external app add latency

• Locked thread