Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel
Local automotive Facebook groups are loving cesspools but I just waded through one poo poo posting the entire way. LED light bars gets people heated! I should be able to use it in traffic, just don't look at it! I'm not blinding others in traffic if they're not looking at it! HIDs in non-HID housings are good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

I found something rather mental on Houston Craigslist today. A supra pickup. http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5218869498.html

quote:

Truck for sale. This truck has tons of mods done to it. It has ALL MK3 supra suspension and steering and drivetrain with engine and transmission. 7mgte engine built with forged internals, MHG, cams, etc. Turbonetics turbo, plus an Eaton supercharger. MS2 fuel injection w/ bluetooth. R154 transmission built with Marlin Crawler upgrades. Aluminum driveshaft.

Turbo and supercharged.
:perfect:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

ilkhan posted:

Neither have wireless charging. Was my deal breaker, but I bought a 5X/16GB anyway. :shrug:

My orig N5 is getting old and I'll get a lot more resale on the new one (and enjoy it for a year or so) when I sell it. Camera improvements and *front speakers* were enough for me.

The front speakers on the N6 are a really nice feature. I didn't think much of it when considering the phone, but it's something that stands out in actual use.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

ssjonizuka posted:

Just be careful of locale and what the "fix" is going to be. California (I think) has already declared you won't be able to register one until the fix is installed on said vehicles

I don't see this happening successfully even in CA since the state will have a lawsuit on their hands for essentially forcing people to purchase another vehicle if there isn't a fix available. If there was a fix, then it'll be a matter of call dealer to get a recall component appt scheduled.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

BloodBag posted:

I found something rather mental on Houston Craigslist today. A supra pickup. http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5218869498.html

That reminds me, I saw this gem last weekend:

can't see it too well, but it's also a dually.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

keykey posted:

That reminds me, I saw this gem last weekend:

can't see it too well, but it's also a dually.

That's an old Uhaul truck that someone has pulled the box off. In other words, awesome.

And holy gently caress that Trupra is loving amazing. I love that the supra dash fits in the truck cab with no modification.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The new MCM episode is great. Completely blindsided me with what car they got.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

meatpimp posted:

The front speakers on the N6 are a really nice feature. I didn't think much of it when considering the phone, but it's something that stands out in actual use.
I canceled the 5X and ordered a 6P.
The front speakers on the 5X is actually only 1 speaker. Plus its still a plastic body with still giving up qi. Plus 240fps vs 120fps slow mo. And the battery size difference.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

keykey posted:

I've been eyeing Audi a3 tdi wagons recently and so far I've seen a 3k drop. I'm waiting for it to hit rock bottom and level off. :)

I'm glad I'm not the only one eyeing them.

I live in Iowa... No emissions testing. The few advantage of living in a fly over state.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

InitialDave posted:

Seriously. That thing was mint, too :allears:

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Ever since I found out this stupid conference I have to attend allows me to expense $65 for dinner I've been absolutely gitty and yelling about "Conference Fever" through the office.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

T1g4h posted:

Seriously. That thing was mint, too :allears:
You want to put it on a big screen in front of network executives and scream at them "This! THIS is how you do a 45-minute (hour with ad breaks) mod-a-car show episode!"

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

1500quidporsche posted:

Ever since I found out this stupid conference I have to attend allows me to expense $65 for dinner I've been absolutely gitty and yelling about "Conference Fever" through the office.

When I went to Boston, I was given $60 a day for food. I ate really well that week.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

InitialDave posted:

Squealed like a little girl at the reveal, I love a great Bug sleeper :D

Bought back soooo many good memories - and terrifying ones too - because we used to have a poo poo hot sleeper VW Beetle as well. Only had 5 times stock power rather than 10+ times, but holy hell that thing scooted. And every single issue their Bug has, we had too - ripping the front wheels off the desk, clearly inadequate steering and brakes, clutches unable to handle the power etc etc. But what a sleeper, no one suspected it was that vicious. The only giveaway was the exhaust wasnt dak-dak-dak, it was more like a brutal snarl - but frankly most people thought it was a hole in the exhaust until it launched and lifted the front wheels off the deck.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Squealed like a little girl at the reveal
Come on, man, spoiler that!

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

scuz posted:

Anyone have any AMC Eagle anecdotes? They've intrigued me since I was younger, and now that I can buy one like a Big Boy, I'm curious as to whether they're a nightmare to work on, or very rewarding as I suspect. This crazy motherfucker is an inspiration; popped a 6-speed manual out of an '06 Wrangler to replace the auomatic on an '83 SX/4.

Find one of the rare 88 models that were Eagle Eagle Wagons.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one eyeing them.

I live in Iowa... No emissions testing. The few advantage of living in a fly over state.

Yeah, we get the rust instead. GG DOT, pour more salt on it.

That said, I'm about to start losing my cool. I know I live in a lovely part of town, but the next stanced-out rusted rear end Civic without a muffler covered in [hoonigan] bullshit that goes by my house with the pedal on the floor to hit 30 is going to drive me to landmines.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
Welp, caught a guy jerking off in his car today at work. What a fantastic day. Made eye contact with him and he slammed his ipad away, tucked in his junk, and booked it out of the lot.

Can't wait until his inevitable computer problems and I have to go talk to him.

"Sir, let me just enter a few keySTROKES and you'll be finished."

"Don't want to JERK YOU AROUND... been a little busy today."

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hm, it seems somehow your connection to the server was MANUALLY CUT OFF

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, we get the rust instead. GG DOT, pour more salt on it.

That said, I'm about to start losing my cool. I know I live in a lovely part of town, but the next stanced-out rusted rear end Civic without a muffler covered in [hoonigan] bullshit that goes by my house with the pedal on the floor to hit 30 is going to drive me to landmines.

Pot holes.

And I have to deal with Mommy's gotta get Jimmy to school on time but first let me take selfies while waiting for that green light to go away on the stop light in her urban assault vehicle.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
My girlfriend is so happy that I've found MCM. Thanks, September Chat Thread!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

"Hey, they sent us the wrong regulator for your window. We'll have the new one thursday evening, so come by Friday morning. Also the PO bodged your old regulator so badly we weren't able to put it back in and theres nothing to hold the window up. We covered your passenger side in sticky plastic in the meantime, hopefully it will hold through three days of rain we're supposed to have."

:suicide:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Liquid Communism posted:

So youre saying he doesnt even have a...fart pipe?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Lightbulb Out posted:

Local automotive Facebook groups are loving cesspools but I just waded through one poo poo posting the entire way. LED light bars gets people heated! I should be able to use it in traffic, just don't look at it! I'm not blinding others in traffic if they're not looking at it! HIDs in non-HID housings are good!

Dammit I had a good time reading that this morning. Did you screenshot any of it?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Fart Pipe posted:

So youre saying he doesnt even have a...fart pipe?

Nothing back of the cats but a chunk of pipe that drags every time he crosses a pothole.

I think the fart can must have gotten torn off at some point.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Sep 30, 2015

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Liquid Communism posted:

Nothing back of the cats but a chunk of pipe that drags every time he crosses a pothole.

I think the fart can must have gotten torn off at some point.

Left his fart pipe on the side of the road

Rude

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Wait why didn't anybody say the latest MCM was with a beetle? :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Because we were trying to leave a little mystery to it, you jerk :colbert:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Come at me bro <:mad:>

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Great Beer posted:

"Hey, they sent us the wrong regulator for your window. We'll have the new one thursday evening, so come by Friday morning. Also the PO bodged your old regulator so badly we weren't able to put it back in and theres nothing to hold the window up. We covered your passenger side in sticky plastic in the meantime, hopefully it will hold through three days of rain we're supposed to have."

:suicide:
I take it this is on your Miata?
The spool on mine wasn't hosed so I had a motorcycle shop make me new cables. Putting it in together was annoying but that was the last time I did a regulator on it.

Also, your mechanic sucks if they aren't willing to jam your window up with a dowel or pcv pipe. Just do it yourself next time, it's easy.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

mafoose posted:

I take it this is on your Miata?
The spool on mine wasn't hosed so I had a motorcycle shop make me new cables. Putting it in together was annoying but that was the last time I did a regulator on it.

Also, your mechanic sucks if they aren't willing to jam your window up with a dowel or pcv pipe. Just do it yourself next time, it's easy.

Seriously. If there's glass, use something to hold it up, especially when you know it's going to rain. Or, do it yourself. Chop off a broom handle and zip tie it in place.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Tusen Takk posted:

I have not your father's root beer in the fridge and its taking so much willpower to not drink it all now instead of by myself this weekend

Tried one of those and another brand of hard root beer at a room party at the con I was at last weekend (shut up, I'm a nerd - deal with it.) Mighty tasty. I didn't even know those were a thing. I hate bitter, so more than a little hops makes most beers unpleasant. I've been aiming toward ciders lately. Now I've got another choice.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

So, apparently the newest vw tdis require some special oil made from fairy tears that none of the other oils we stocked would work for. gently caress tdis forever. gently caress vw forever. gently caress dealerships for not letting the dude buy a few qts so he could do his own oil change like he wants.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Always flush first in Australia mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM1hhKgg434

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Elmnt80 posted:

So, apparently the newest vw tdis require some special oil made from fairy tears that none of the other oils we stocked would work for. gently caress tdis forever. gently caress vw forever. gently caress dealerships for not letting the dude buy a few qts so he could do his own oil change like he wants.

VW is the red headed step child of the German auto industry. They try so drat hard to be on the up and up and daddy and mommy are still disappointed.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

leica posted:

It's a Huntsman, those things are cute.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

leica posted:

It's so freaky how well the eyes reflect the camera light.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
This is my favorite PI thread by far

I love dogs :3:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

It's a Huntsman, those things are cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
PSA: watch Days of Thunder. Or rewatch it like I'm doing.

• Locked thread