Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Can anyone try to make me an animated avatar from about 3:22 or so, the focus on the Bartender going "b-b-b-b"

It's for an idea I have.

https://youtu.be/r4OhIU-PmB8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Exactly that part! Feel free to crop or resize or drop the hands at the end to make it avatar sized, I can't since my laptop had something happen to it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Geirskogul posted:

For reference:

http://www.clipconverter.cc/

then

http://ezgif.com/maker

You can then crop and do other easy poo poo.

My phone keeps throwing a not enoug memory error or I would

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Aaaaand thank you Gierskogul

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Not me :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kastein posted:

Hey, strict immigration policies and careful selection of who is allowed ashore is super important.

Just ask the native americans. :boom:

The blackest burn I have ever seen went something along the lines of "with how many horrible tragedies happen almost daily in the United States, you'd almost think it was built on the top of thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds."

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rosie was once a normal cat just like any other. But with the war overseas at grandma's farm taking its toll on the strong male cats typically of the sort to sprawl on couches, she took one look around and asked herself can we do it? Can we make up for those who have fallen before, pick up the slack, and Catte back?

YES WE CAN

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

The buyback money I got for my Viper is already starting to burn a hole in my pocket. My random thoughts so far:
- Ferrari 348
- Solstice GXP (seem the same price as NCs)
- an already built Factory 5 818

348s are cheap enough that I can get one and have the funds to keep it running. I think 355s are rising in price, and pushing 348s down because of it.
A 348 would tick off 3 things I want on my car ownership checklist: gated shifter, midengine, Italian.

The 818 ticks MR and <2000lbs, and it's only $20k.

I know you specified against the 355 but read this article.

http://jalopnik.com/here-s-why-you-should-never-buy-a-ferrari-f355-1706976075

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CharlesM posted:

I wish we got Smarties in the U.S. The chocolate candy ones, I mean.

Look at this guy farting directly into he own mouth

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CharlesM posted:

I take it you don't like Smarties, then?

I like the right kind of them, the Little pressed sugar rounds of crack cocaine and unicorn dreams :colbert:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I JUST SAW THE LAST SHOWING ON A MOVIE THAT WAS ONLY IN THEATERS IN SEATTLE FOR ONE loving WEEK AND IT EASILY RIVALS FURY ROAD FOR A MOVIE THAT IS PERFECT IN EVERY loving WAY AND IF ANY OF YOU CHECK YOUR CITIES FOR ANY SHOWS AND THERE HAPPENS TO BE ONE DROP YOUR loving PLANS DROP YOUR PANTS AND PREPARE TO MASTURBATE LIKE YOU'RE PEE WEE HERMAN AT A 24 HOUR ALL YOU CAN SEE BONANZA

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Raluek posted:

Apparently Oakland is the closest showing. Bummer.

If you're anywhere between Sacramento and Gilroy it's worth the drive. Believe me, I used to live there so I can make a statement like that in all honesty.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Raluek posted:

Yea San Jose. I dunno, is it worth the half tank (and thus like $30 in gas) to get there?

I want to say yes but then between my 8 viewings and my friends tickets I bought I'm on the hook for 14 Fury Road viewings total. Get some friends to go with. It's simply incredible. It's the people who did Kung Fury, and it's like Mad Max meets Megaman done by Troma if they had good actors and a solid effects budget. Yes I'm aware of what I just said there but it's a loving beautiful unicorn, it's like we may see on the big screen once in a generation.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Don't even try to slip it in simply end your conversation with it as if saying goodbye.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

I just watched it the other night. apple is is so awesome.

Not gonna lie, would.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rule number 10: no safe words.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I went Goodwill hunting today. Theres a Goodwill thst doesn't price things, they sell it all unsorted piled in giant troughs by the pound.

First up found a bag I decided I needed.

This camera as is, seemed dusty but otherwise fully intact.

Found this one bin over from the camera.

Also appeared to be completely undamaged or scratched.

A brand new in packaging Dirty Jobs beanie!

Oh and some pants.

Total out the door price for everything was eight and a half bucks.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I think the camera and lens together came out to about a buck and change but I must confess I impulse bought them because I figured I could make at least a little profit reselling them at that cost.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah this seems totally legit and in no way an organ harvesting setup, right guys?

Comedy option, it's The Russian from Punisher and everything else promised is true

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Mooseykins posted:

drat. Why don't i have friends like that..?

It's okay I am pretty sure I don't either

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Gabbys room mate is Pavel Petel :getin:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Preoptopus posted:

I hate movies that have Russian characters who dont speak real Russian.

How did you feel about enemy at the gates

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I personally felt that they didn't really need to spend that whole twelve minute scene waterboarding the dog, then beating it tied to a chair, hooking it up to live current, before finally holding it face to face with John Wick so that he could stare directly into the camera's eyes when they finally put a bullet through the back of its little puppy head

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Yeaaaaah I can understand why someone would become a blubbering mess watching that one.

Because dog lovers are mentally deficient?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

InitialDave posted:

Dogs are better than people.

You guys seriously need to get into as many dog coated cars that have marinated in fur and dander and baked in the sun per week as I do because cat owners, while sociopaths, don't inflict their pain on others

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I hate that people give pit bulls such a bad rap they 'adorable balls of misunderstood love, my pit has never bit anyone because he was raised right except for that one time he mauled the neighbor's daughter to death but that wasn't possible to see coming these things just happen

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
If the kids had a gun this wouldn't have happened

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

:allears: :awesome:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I don't even like the taste of women unless you make sure to get some good broth stock made uP and really let that poo poo slow cook over night

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I took this picture a whIle ago but forgot to upload it till I found it looking for something else.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Today's one of those days. Broke a fuel rail on a crown vic trying to take a coil out because one loving hair of the socket was under the edge of it, and I used my little electric cordless to run the bolt out bending it up and popping the injectors out. Misdiagnosed a customers rear end noise on a Tahoe because I didn't know it was a locker style rear diff and it was in park so spinning the rear wheel and seeing the other side twist opposite till it would slam to a stop. Made me think it had a broken gear in an open diff, they sold the whole axle and had it dropped off from the recyclers. Noticed the error when I popped the diff open to drain it out then had to tell them back to back with the Vic. Then went on lunch and pulling my parking brake handle caused the tunnel to rip and now I don't have a handle that's attached to the car except for one tiny corner of metal.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Man you should see what my dick looks like after 30 years of that sort of treatment

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Preoptopus posted:

Anybody here work at a VAG dealer? My manager tried to tell me that the dealers dont bother doing all the 50 steps to align VAG products such as fully full gas tank, full fluids, checking ride height and resetting the stability control etc. Just loving line it up he said when i asked if he told the customer our master tech would have to reset that poo poo with his Verus. The car had aftermarket suspension too. Toe and go it is! Glad we ripped off another customer.

In my entire career I've never seen that whole bullshit checklist done and I'm pretty sure it's just to pad hours at the dealership. If the suspension is tight then make it drive straight and not burn the tires

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the fridge posted:

oh sure i have especially when i was young and inexperienced and some things can't be helped but both scenarios 14inch described are examples of negligence. Now im not saying he's incompetent but the broken fuel rail resulted from a lack of care and attention to what he was doing and the second was due to not even bothering to look at the component he was condemning! Both scenarios could have been easily avoided but he either doesn't know any better (which I think he does) or doesn't care which in my book makes him a bad mechanic

I get what you're trying to do but for the record Id willingly bust your face in with a tire iron if you tried to say I wasn't good at my job to my face so congrats on being a piece of poo poo

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'd just like to say as my final sincere post on the subject, the reason I reacted to the low effort bait the way I did was it was literally a week after I had my best friend go to sleep in my arms at the vet, the cat who got me through the darkest times I have ever been through in my entire life. I don't respect myself, my living situation, my hobbies, or the people I associate with. The one and only thing I take pride in, in anything, period, is doing the best loving job at all times that I am physically capable of, usually at the expense of my own paycheck. Working flat rate inspires cutting corners, doing things half way, bending the rules, and the way I work is it gets fixed correctly the first time, even if I've been working for free for the past three hours to make sure it goes out right. I refuse to be yet another mechanic who performs at best most of a service that a customer pays for, I treat every ticket as if it were my own grandmother purchasing work. I sacrifice hours of my own time to make sure that the customer is treated with the utmost care, which is why having two gently caress ups at all, let alone the same day, was so frustrating. Because I would rather tell management and say hey, we need to correct this or hey, this doesn't need to be done, than to turn a blind eye, make it "good enough" to roll out the door, and charge someone hundreds of dollars for work that was not necessary. It's the only thing I have, my pride in knowing that i did my best. And it's the only thing that I will take a zero tolerance stance on taking poo poo about. And if thst makes me some loser who takes the bait, then so be it. At least I have my integrity.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No, because that's the whole part of working in a shop. Things are going to break. It's just a part of doing business. But I currently have under 16% payroll percentage, which means for every dollar I make the shop $0.16 goes to my paycheck. Corporate is happy with anything under 22%. Anything under 10% is unicorn status. So I think I'm doing all right.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
But I gave that to him :(

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Balancing issues I assume, NVH is a bitch

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I got some free t shirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What loving parts chain do you work for that can and will look up parts like that?

• Locked thread