Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
hello everyone the weathers getting colder already but I'm actually looking forward to autumn this year for some reason

what about everyone else? 😗

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Terrible Robot posted:

I'm torn between being ready for the heat/humidity to gently caress off and wanting it to last a little longer. I didn't go swimming this summer at all :saddowns:

where do you usually go swimming?

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Super Aggro Crag posted:

It was Humpty. Fully dressed chips is like every flavor of chips combined. It was mostly an initial salt n vinegar taste followed by BBQ. Weird poo poo.

this sounds horrifying

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

14 INCH DICK posted:

Today's one of those days. Broke a fuel rail on a crown vic trying to take a coil out because one loving hair of the socket was under the edge of it, and I used my little electric cordless to run the bolt out bending it up and popping the injectors out. Misdiagnosed a customers rear end noise on a Tahoe because I didn't know it was a locker style rear diff and it was in park so spinning the rear wheel and seeing the other side twist opposite till it would slam to a stop. Made me think it had a broken gear in an open diff, they sold the whole axle and had it dropped off from the recyclers. Noticed the error when I popped the diff open to drain it out then had to tell them back to back with the Vic. Then went on lunch and pulling my parking brake handle caused the tunnel to rip and now I don't have a handle that's attached to the car except for one tiny corner of metal.

have you considered that maybe you're in the wrong occupation

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Enourmo posted:

All American mechanics are in the wrong occupation

or at least the wrong country

no what i mean is that he doesn't seem particularly good at what he does

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I'm sure you have never broke anything while fixing something :rolleyes:

oh sure i have especially when i was young and inexperienced and some things can't be helped but both scenarios 14inch described are examples of negligence. Now im not saying he's incompetent but the broken fuel rail resulted from a lack of care and attention to what he was doing and the second was due to not even bothering to look at the component he was condemning! Both scenarios could have been easily avoided but he either doesn't know any better (which I think he does) or doesn't care which in my book makes him a bad mechanic

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

14 INCH DICK posted:

I get what you're trying to do but for the record Id willingly bust your face in with a tire iron if you tried to say I wasn't good at my job to my face so congrats on being a piece of poo poo

idk you don't seem to be doing yourself any favours. Most ppl in this forum seem to be hobbyists and not professionals so I don't expect many to understand, but it's far too easy to write off being a mechanic as a poo poo and horrible job. It's just like any job where what you get out of it is what you put into it. There are some really rewarding opportunities out there in this field which is why I've spent the better part of a decade building a solid reputation so when that opportunity came about id be ready for it. Or at the very least I'd have a solid and loyal customer base should I decide to work for myself.

I'm not saying you can't have bad days or that every job has to be immaculate but the nature of those mistakes you've described show a severe lack of care and professionalism which is worrisome. If your manager has any care in his own job he will have disciplined you harshly cuz if you had pulled that sort of poo poo while working for me you'd have one foot out the door already

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Lol does it have to be a leaf rake or can I have my choice of rakes

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
nice backpedaling

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
this thread continues to deliver

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
there was this film I saw once don't remember what it was called green Street something.. Anyway it was all about the football gangs and now i know everything about it

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

InitialDave posted:

Yes.

For anyone who hasn't felt the desire to punch their monitor today:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/opinion/13713677.Joys_of_pootling_along_in_the_car/?ref=mr&lp=4

Aston Martin V8 Vanquish

lol

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

mariooncrack posted:

I think he tried to sell the car. I'm pretty sure someone find the link to his reddit thread and he stopped posting on it too.

Found his reddit thread :

https://www.reddit.com/r/300zx/comments/2vjr2p/whyyyyy_a_story_of_an_awesome_300zx_crippled_by/

lol if someone ever really pisses me off on this forum i hope they go to reddit so i can follow them and continue to have meltdowns whenever they post

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
are we still posting cattes?? caught these two attacking my work fleece this morning :3:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Preoptopus posted:

Drove next to the first BMW I8 ive seen in traffic the other day. I take back everything i have ever thought about it. Absolutely loving stunning to see in real life.

the skinny tyres look really weird

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
420 fit tracker modules erryday

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I hope you are all celebrating accordingly today

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Tusen Takk posted:

If I could find a nice house with a good garage in a area close to everything I want to be near I'd have to drop at least $250k :saddowns:

Lol you poor baby. Average house prices where I live are like £400-500k.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
the best black mirror episode was the one with waldo? Or whatever that cartoon politician was called

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Tusen Takk posted:

Right, but you live in a country with social programs, public transit, and things to do.

I don't see what that has to do with the housing market

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
you have suspiciously descriptive knowledge of David Camerons penis

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
and of the event in question :tinfoil:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Tomarse posted:

So if even you guys in Australia recognise that Cameron is a oval office, how the gently caress are there enough people here in the UK who voted for him :bang:

maybe because he's not a bad prime minister and despite being a conservative his policy is still more left leaning than anything you've had in america

see also: ed milliband

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Tomarse posted:

I think he's a poo poo prime minister. Largely because he and all his mates are all cunts.

Good to know you're clued in on today's important issues

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
my next job :gonk:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Im glad this thing happened to vw. Diesels in passenger cars are a massive scam anyway and your better off without them

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Although ironically they make much more practical sense in america than they do in europe oh well

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
the bickering is more entertaining than the usual content of this thread imo

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

SuperDucky posted:

If you were anywhere near as eloquent as 14" you could post about whatever the gently caress you liked and no one would give a poo poo.

Instead you sound like a 17 year old trying to be edgy.

Lol eloquent like he's read some hunter s Thompson and got some mild encouragement from a high school creative writing teacher? That sort of eloquent? Lmao

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
idk why SAC makes you all so angry but it definitely makes me lol

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
you can't post in this chilled out chat thread for bros unless you take it seriously

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Maybe you GF's dad hates you because you are a giant pussy.

lmao

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
drat i must remember to take my posting more seriously hello

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
Im realy glad I post here with all the cool ppl on SA who are all totally mentally stable and also have cool jobs and make insane amounts of money unlike those shitheads at reddit :smuggo:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Adiabatic posted:

We are too :) When are you making an Aston Martin thread?

Ive thought about doing a thread before but tbh i dont think there's enough content for an entire thread. We don't do a lot of heritage stuff so having both that V8 and DB6 I posted show up in a week was pretty surprising for me even. Maybe at some point I'll make a thread but in the meantime I'm happy to answer anyone's questions about working on aston martins in here or whatever

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

BrokenKnucklez posted:

So in typical high end fashion - I assume the power train itself is rock solid - its the bullshit that surrounds them is the pain - is that pretty accurate statement with Aston's and pretty much any other high end car?

I know its like that in BMW and Mercedes, the engines are solid as poo poo, its all the other crap that explodes.

Yeah I'd say that's fairly accurate. Most of the cars are pretty low mileage so I suppose the powertrains arent tested much out in the field but we've got one customer with over 140k miles on his early DB9 and the factory have repeatedly asked to buy it back to do a teardown assessment but he says he just gonna keep driving it until it dies :3:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I would like to see a black stone oil sample on it.

How has it been otherwise?

Otherwise? It's pretty much had it all. Radiators and the gearbox oil cooler pipes are wear items on the early 9's. It's had the aerial conversion for the poor radio reception that the early cars suffered from. Window regs and door modules like to pack up so I'm pretty sure it's had them done as well. The dudes not afraid to spend money on it so it generally gets whatever it needs.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

A one word post? That's a 1 day probation, surely.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

T1g4h posted:

I'm just wondering when corn started using punctuation and capitalization. I feel like my world view just shattered :(

I only phone post so the auto capitalising and punctuation means I'm actually getting lazier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
34 years old and bragging about having sex on the internet smh

• Locked thread