Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

bolind posted:

Is there somewhere where goons talk about GPS units? Looking to upgrade my trusty rusty Garmin, but can't make any sense of Garmin's product numbering.

All seriousness, whats wrong with a smart phone and google?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

88h88 posted:

I enjoy films with simple set ups, if I want ridiculously thick plotlines and confusing bullshit there's plenty to watch. Sometimes I want to sit down and watch something play out in a very satisfying, straightforward manner and this was it. The line he delivers about his wife and dog and what it meant was delivered pretty loving impressively. Reeves did a fine job with this part. Also it looked glorious, the lighting in the scenes and general locations were fantastic.

I have two MINOR niggles with it and that is the CGI blood and the soundtrack being a little odd in places. Outside of that it was glorious. 100 minute run time too so it was perfect.

Any more films like that? I'm already well aware of the two Raid films, Dredd and indeed a whole stack of classic Hong Kong action films but I need more.

I really liked The Equalizer, with Denzel Washington. It's very comparable to John Wick, with the action being a little less clever.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

The wife said she wants to start trying to have kids and I am freaking the gently caress out.

I remember that conversation. I'd been wanting kids for a while, but when my wife finally agreed with me I was holy 'Oh holy poo poo.'

We now have a 3 week old son and it's awesome.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

I am in the middle of working about 20 days in a row. Saturday I had a 16 hour day.

On top of having a 3 week old kid, this is the most stressed and exhausted I've ever felt.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

BigFuzzyJesus posted:

Jeep clubs or at least the ones in Iowa are a lot like what I imagine corvette clubs to be like.

For the most part, the car scene in Iowa is miserable and useless. Where you located?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Lightbulb Out posted:

Local automotive Facebook groups are loving cesspools but I just waded through one poo poo posting the entire way. LED light bars gets people heated! I should be able to use it in traffic, just don't look at it! I'm not blinding others in traffic if they're not looking at it! HIDs in non-HID housings are good!

Dammit I had a good time reading that this morning. Did you screenshot any of it?

• Locked thread