Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

So, what is a sheep game? Here's you answer (shamelessly stolen from forums user Xenophon):

What the gently caress is a sheep

The game is not complicated.

1. There will be a list of questions at the bottom of this post. The object of the game is to provide the MOST COMMON response from the people playing the game, kind of like Family Feud. You receive one point for each person who provided the same answer. In other words, if the question was "What is best in life," and 10 players said "To crush your enemies," each of those players would receive 10 points. If 5 players said "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist," they would each receive 5 points. If 1 player said "Hello Kitty," he would receive 1 points (and the public condemnation of his peers).

2. Every question scores points, even if only one. The player with the MOST points, after all the questions are added up, wins the game.

3. There are no right or wrong answers - your job is to provide the MOST COMMON answer. So even if you really, really think that "The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist" is best in life, it might still be in your best interest to answer "To crush your enemies." This means that even a factually incorrect answer can score the most points! You have to decide what you think everyone else will say.

4. Some of the questions are vague - intentionally so! It's your job to interpret them as you think the majority of AI will.

Send your answers along with your SA Username (seriously) to AIsheepgame@gmail.com (seriously, make sure your username is in there somewhere!) with the tag Sheep Game in the subject line. Format is important, so please send your answers like this:

pre:
Miatas
Dead hooker smell
Rust
Katanas
Once you have sent your entry, please post in this thread as confirmation.

You have until 11pm Pacific Time on Saturday, September 19th (0600 UTC on Sunday, September 20th) to submit your answers. The big reveal will be in this thread at 3pm Pacific Time on Monday, September 21st (2200 UTC on Monday, September 21st), so set your calendars/alarm clocks/crude sundials made from old Jeep parts for the big day! I will be doing the reveal two questions per day with each reveal being posted at or about 3pm Pacific Time, so you have some time to ridicule each other discuss your successes and failures.

Without further ado, the questions:

1. More than any other car part, I look at one of these and think, "man, this has an almost artistic look to it."
2. This car that everybody shits on gets a bad rap, if you ask me. It's actually really good!
3. On the other hand, this car that people hold in such high esteem is a total dumpster fire.
4. In the second AI Sheep Game, we asked which decade you would most want to go back to for the cars; the 1960s was first, but the 1980s was a close second. This car from the 1980s is the one I would most want to own.
5. On the topic of cars from the 1980s, there are a number of cars from that era (Buick Grand National, Porsche 911, E30 M3 to name a few) that are rapidly appreciating in value on the collector market. I think this non-supercar from the 1980s could follow those three in that trend.
6. When we're all fat and smug and doddering around the Last-Ever Barrett-Jackson Car Auction of 2056, this non-supercar that's on sale today will fetch the highest bid of all.
7. This year, all of the major motor racing series have shown some serious vulnerability in terms of finances, TV ratings, fan interest and whatnot. I fear that __________ won't be around much longer.
8. So, you want to go faster, huh? This is the most cost-effective thing you can do/change/add/remove to get there in my opinion.
9. Unlike my answer to the previous question, this common part/practice/whatever is a total waste of money if you want to go faster.
10. On the subject of going fast, this car is by far the best sleeper-car from the factory.
11. Surprisingly, some of us also like to take a break from fixing our shitboxes to watch television. This TV show is absolutely on point when it comes to the cars in it.
12. Lots of rumours in the news about tech companies maybe, possibly breaking into the car manufacturing business recently. I would trust this company to get it the most right of all of them.
13. In contrast, these guys would gently caress it up so badly it isn't even funny. Or maybe it would be funny, I don't know...either way, it would be a total fiasco.
14. In what year, if any, do you think autonomous cars will make up the majority of total sales for the first time?
15. If AI were to ever start a car company that somehow wasn't totally dysfunctional, I think this feature/option/whatever would be the one we would all agree our car would need.
16. August/September is back-to-school month (depending on where you live in the Northern Hemisphere); this car is ideal for a student that needs/wants to drive.

Where it is appropriate, I will group answers together in an entirely cruel and arbitrary way. Until the submission deadline, discussing your answers in this thread is not allowed, as it will affect how other people will vote!

Once again, send your answers to AIsheepgame@gmail.com before 11pm Pacific Time on Saturday, September 19th (0600 UTC on Sunday, September 20th). See you all for the reveal!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Answers have been sent!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
(lovely) answers sent! I always end up scratching my beard on anything TV or race related, as I don't watch either.

Thanks for running the show MrChips!

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I WILL DO THIS

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Sent! Love this game.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Good poo poo, I'll enter once I get home from school. Is question 10 restricted to new cars, or open to all years?

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

gently caress YES! THANK YOU MrChips!! :3:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Enourmo posted:

Good poo poo, I'll enter once I get home from school. Is question 10 restricted to new cars, or open to all years?

I'm thinking all years. He's just trying to limit it to unmodified cars because otherwise it turns into a question of 'what's a crappy car?', since you could add a hot drivetrain and/or a custom suspension to literally any slow vehicle and make it a sleeper.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I filled it with a currently available car, I probably would have picked another one if I had considered all cars ever.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

I treated it like all cars ever.

Also posting to say I submitted my answers!

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
Answered submitted, although I never win anything vs. AI competitors.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Terrible answers submitted.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
The web browser shuddered as I hit control-enter to send my malformed missive into the degenerate reaches of the cross-reaching global network of underthings. Some part of my mind, peeking its head out tentatively from the burned-out rubble messily framing my mental illness, began to yelp in pain. It - I? - was all too aware of what I had set in motion.

This was a lot to take in, I growled to myself as I reached for the keys to my 20B-powered model T pickup. I staggered to the garage, a man possessed. This wasn't normal. I had to clear my mind.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I'll play.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Whoops, didnt put name in with answers. Incoming!

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

A flurry of responses so far, I'm up to 12 already!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

The web browser shuddered as I hit control-enter to send my malformed missive into the degenerate reaches of the cross-reaching global network of underthings. Some part of my mind, peeking its head out tentatively from the burned-out rubble messily framing my mental illness, began to yelp in pain. It - I? - was all too aware of what I had set in motion.

This was a lot to take in, I growled to myself as I reached for the keys to my 20B-powered model T pickup. I staggered to the garage, a man possessed. This wasn't normal. I had to clear my mind.

"Your pain has only just begun, friend!" I muttered to the computer monitor as I reached for a set of car keys. I hesitated for a moment...no, the daily driver doesn't have the...presence...I need. I moved to the other set of keys; the set covered in dust - the set that I feel the adrenaline rise every time I reach for them.

Moments later, the bored out, quadruple-supercharged bronzit E32 750iL bursts from the garage, rear tires blazing like a Viking funeral, bellowing out of the zoomies like a mortally wounded beast. As I flatshift my way through the custom sequential gearbox, a warning light appears; the rear air suspension isn't holding pressure again.

I hope my "friend" won't mind the choppy ride when he's stuffed in the trunk, I muse to myself.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Hell yeah, another sheep game! As always I started out trying for sheep answers then realised I don't have a loving clue about half the questions and can't be bothered researching so I just resorted to stupid poo poo.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
yes, yes, YES, YES, YEEEESSSS

e: sent!

Naked Bear fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 2, 2015

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

And I'm in

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

I've received answers so far from 16 players:

1500quidporsche
Adiabatic
bolind
Cat Terrist
Das Volk
Enourmo
Ephphatha
Freelop
iForge
KozmoNaut
LloydDobler
Naked Bear
Phone
Safety Dance
Seat Safety Switch
Sigma X

If you sent answers and don't see your username, let me know.

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer
hello i am sheep

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

2 messages sent, feel free to delete the first one since I am a terrible excuse for a human being that can't get the formatting correct. Also, if I get above 50 points, I will be impressed.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Submitted . Love reading these every year.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

So far I have 22 players:

1500quidporsche
Adiabatic
angryhampster
bolind
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Das Volk
Elmnt80
Enourmo
Ephphatha
Freelop
I like to smoke wee
iForge
ionn
KozmoNaut
LloydDobler
Measly Twerp
Naked Bear
Phone
Safety Dance
Seat Safety Switch
Sigma X
SouthsideSaint

Keep the answers coming in guys!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
I'll be playing I just haven't got around to thinking about my answers. This weekend sometime.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal
I have sent you the answer key by mistake, oops

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Entry is in

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

CornHolio posted:

I have sent you the answer key by mistake, oops
Send it to me too.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

ilkhan posted:

Send it to me too.

I see what you're trying to do.

a wolf in sheep's clothing, you are.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i responded

I can never decide (since I'm not funny) if I want to actually win or get aces - usually I do a mix and aim for mediocrity!!!

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

I have submitted my answers. Most were honest, the ones I couldn't answer easily I went with whatever. Those are the real test of how much of a sheep I am!

Simkin
May 18, 2007

"He says he's going to be number one!"
Answers submitted, with probably much more thought put into them than strictly necessary.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Just updated the game, we now have 29 players:

1500quidporsche
Adiabatic
angryhampster
bolind
CAT INTERCEPTOR
CornHolio
Das Volk
Elmnt80
Enourmo
Ephphatha
Freelop
I like to smoke wee
iForge
ionn
KozmoNaut
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
leica
LloydDobler
Measly Twerp
Naked Bear
NitroSpazzz
Phone
sadnessboner
Safety Dance
Seat Safety Switch
Sigma X
Simkin
Somewhat Heroic
SouthsideSaint

If you sent your entry and don't see your name, let me know so I can shake out the spam filter. Otherwise, keep the answers coming in!

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde
Answers sent just now :v:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Stupid answers sent. I'm going for under with a target of 20.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

No one sent me an answer sheet to crib off of, I had to answer on my own. :(

Entry in.

Anghammarad
Jan 3, 2010

Ruining your domestic car industry since 1968
This was harder than i thought. Meh, lets have a go anyway. Answers in

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
IN

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

Just a friendly reminder to all participants; I need you to post in this thread after you've submitted your answers. Thanks!

We're up to 36 players, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

MrChips posted:

Just a friendly reminder to all participants; I need you to post in this thread after you've submitted your answers. Thanks!

We're up to 36 players, by the way.

You're not the boss of me

lovely answers submitted at some point earlier this week

• Locked thread