Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beelzebub
Apr 17, 2002

In the event that you make sense, I will still send you to the 7th circle.

sigma 6 posted:

This is loving amazing, but the arrangement of the legs and tail looks really weird. You seem to be missing anatomical elements here. I know it is mythical creature but it does look ... odd.

The tail should be in between legs. The tail kind of blends INTO the leg here.

Thanks for the crit! My references were some lizards fighting in the sand. But I probably didn't capture the foreshortened elements well enough.

Here's another one from the same project as the others. A slimy creature called a dipsa in a nest of eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
Underwater.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

A quick study in oil.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Aerodactylus scolopaciceps

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Beelzebub posted:

Here's another one from the same project as the others. A slimy creature called a dipsa in a nest of eggs.

You really have the best job in the world

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry
Mermen best men.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

T shirt design for a HS reunion. Really not happy with it. Please help!

New

Old

The sports team is "The Rams".

Beelzebub: Your welcome. I really like your work alot. Just bugged out over that bit of anatomy.

EDIT:

Watercolor I made from the other day.

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 17, 2015

Beelzebub
Apr 17, 2002

bitmap: The worst thing about it, I'm an accountant. *puts gun in mouth*

neonnoodle: Nice study!

Rock monster thing for Pathfinder.

Beelzebub fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Sep 17, 2015

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
Keeping with the nautical theme...

Beelzebub
Apr 17, 2002

^^^ Now that's radd!

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

sigma 6 posted:

T shirt design for a HS reunion. Really not happy with it. Please help!

Ok, I'm not a pro but this is what I'd do if it was me (feel free to pipe in if I'm not getting it):

I assumed you want to keep as much of the old model "intact", but you can still make small changes that make a big difference.
First off, you use one of those calligraphy pens for the ink that lends itself well to a more angular design, you should use that! It's a caricature so don't be afraid to exaggerate the defining parts like the horns, the sunglasses, the hand throwing the v or the converse shoes.
Next up, he was slouching funny (drawing characters sitting is not a strong point for me either) so I gave him a gut from whence the legs emerge. As a bonus, the defining gut line draws the attention to the text on his shirt.
I know gently caress all about typography, but making the letters follow a curved line sort of "gathers up" the design for me. The words "like" and "the" in this sentence are filler words that the brain sorta fills in itself when it sees the big words of "no school" and "old school" so there is no need to keep them big like the rest of it. You could make them tiny under the "no school" or before "old school" and it would still read OK. However, here I placed them on the same line as the visually most interesting part of the drawing, so the eye flows easily over them and takes them in without them disrupting the pic too much (they're still pretty big here). I would make the text more angular, but if you wanted to go for the sort of old-style soft letters, I'd take it a step further to make them lean into each other more, give them more lumpiness, if only at the bottom so that if you still want them to follow a "wave" line, it's easier to see where the wave travels.

In conclusion:

Baldbeard
Mar 26, 2011

Been doing religious based art lately for some reason. Having fun with some plague doctor/nun type stuff.

Baldbeard fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 20, 2015

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Sharpest Crayon: Thank you so much!! I have today to finish it.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Tried to do a low-res, low-detail study of a photo to get less fussy and concentrate on shape, value, light, etc.

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
Another mush study

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

neonnoodle posted:

Tried to do a low-res, low-detail study of a photo to get less fussy and concentrate on shape, value, light, etc.

What a curious effect that is. It looks like paper but has a strong sense of three dimensions.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Here's "Shanna the She Devil" for DailySketchChallenge on DA

I'd never heard of this character before but she hangs out with dinosaurs apparently.

Humboldt Squid fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 22, 2015

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Anurognathus ammoni

Humboldt Squid fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Sep 22, 2015

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

neonnoodle posted:

This is ridiculously adorable, and I don't even like dogs that much.

I struggled with the body on this sketch. Still not right. Dammit. Still not good at drawing anatomy from my head.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

:aaaaa: AaaaaaAAAaaaaa I would play this game forever and ever! I usually hate those gradients but they work so well here.

:kingsley: AAAAAAAAAAA I would piss myself playing this game oh gods why do they have such human faces.

..so jelly.

Queen Gnome
Jul 30, 2006

Her Lawnliness
Today I tried drawing for the first time in my adult life. I need watercolors.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

You still need a drawing to put the water color over. Also, the better the drawing, the better the resulting painting. However, many painters are pretty loose with the drawing part, preferring to spend the vast majority of time painting.

Figure drawing from last night.

Here's how that T shirt design came out. Wish I had more time, or used a different font, or took the advice of using the font to surround the character. Oh well, things can always be better ... regardless, thanks again Sharpest Crayon!

sigma 6 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 23, 2015

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
im bored with this time to move onto something new

the focus was doing a facial study with lighting so happy with that. cbf working over everything else to get it cleaned up.

theres now water to suit the theme of the thread!

Beelzebub
Apr 17, 2002

Rotting Wind for Pathfinder.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Clapping Larry

Hey the back to the future font is pretty cool! Could've used the opportunity to spell out "back to school".
It's nice and clean for a rush job, though.

The instant I saw this I just burst out laughing, that dude is so hosed. Good job on drawing a terrible concept like "rotting wind", too. Pocahontas would be proud of how you paint with all the colours of the wind.

Also water elemental.

Stealthy edit to add conchpiece of glory.

Sharpest Crayon fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 26, 2015

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

doodle

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

I have no idea

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

kill six billion demons is a cool comic.

typ0ninja
Jan 9, 2005

Humboldt Squid posted:

Kill Six Billion Demons is an awesome comic! Abbadon is the buisness!

Super rad painting btw!

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Doodling.

Master of Stealth
Oct 12, 2012
I need to doodle more often.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

Humboldt Squid posted:

Just burned through the first 10 and this is really good! Thanks.

Back to lurking.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Today's daily drawing is actually some prototyping.

Left side is an idea for a cane head which I hope to sculpt in zbrush and cast in bronze from a 3d printout. Right side is a pose for an old 3d character I haven't touched in ages.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Wenupteryx

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

water is hard!

im using a steve hanks painting for water reference

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

ideas for next month?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Humboldt Squid posted:

ideas for next month?

Well, October so Halloween so...macabre?

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

Macabre sounds good to me. Horror would also be appropo.

So this cane may or may not have wings. Hmmm. Apparently, the more parts stick out, the harder they are to cast in metal.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Water is coming along, I think I need to block out more white spaces for the light reflections

snaeksikn fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Sep 30, 2015

• Locked thread