Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The world is not binary, The bad may have good ideas, and the good may have bad. Master of Ceremonies sounds OK, if still a little pompous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Ratpick posted:

Speaking of PbP games, my next idea after one of my current PbP's is over is to run a Burning Wheel scenario where the characters are all orcs (because Burning Wheel orcs are cool) and I'm having one problem with translating the mechanics to PbP:

In Duel of Wits and Fight! the players are supposed to plan their turn ahead by three actions and each action is revealed and resolved at the same time. For PC vs PC duels it's simple because I can use emails and/or PMs (which would mean getting Plat) to have each player send me their actions three at a time and then resolving them, but what's the most elegant way for me, as a GM, to show my players that I've actually planned the actions for my NPCs beforehand instead of pulling them out of my rear end?

The simplest solution would be to not do DoW or Fight! but that feels like missing out on some of the best parts of the game.

Time them. I know it can be hard to do so in an online game, but what you do is when a fight is started, and its time for the actions to be written out, you both declare when you are finished with writing them, and you arrange to send them to each other or post them at the same time. Should avoid any capability or suspicion of rear end pulling once you get the timing worked out. Don't forget to synchronize your watches!

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Sep 2, 2015

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I suppose if you want to take it as far as it will go, that is as good a title as any. As long no one takes it seriously, anything goes.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

My favorite D&D auther was Richard A. Knaack. He wrote the legend of Huma and Kaz the Minotaur. I don't know how he holds up to my recollection, but back when I read books like that, and I read alot of bad Dragonlance books, he stood out

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Ningyou posted:

i think u mean

kaz the moenotaur

sorry not sorry

Would it be correct to be happy that I have no idea how that has any relation to what I used to read.

• Locked thread