Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Bike: ducati monster 900, husky sm610
Riding for 18 years
Down for: street rides and dual sport once old man river ships my drat gaskets.

If anyone here isn't familiar, the next backfire moto will be in Ballard this Wednesday the 16th. Even with meh weather there should be a lot of cool bikes to check out. It's by Hilliard's brewery and starts at 4 if you decide to go, I'll be riding the monster there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The DUI-mobiles are those bikes with the engine and gas tank slapped on, I think.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just went for a ride around Monroe. Went a little ways along some dirt road and single track until I got nervous about getting stranded, as that rear tire doesn't work worth a drat in mud. It was a good ride, though.

My husky exhaust strikes again, though. This time on my brand new Klim pants. :(

Anyone know some good trails within an hour of Seattle? Also, if anyone wants to go ride on one of the nicer weekends, I'm down for that too. The 610 felt kinda heavy for rough stuff, but being short and not being able to get a foot down easily makes that stuff difficult anyways.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

GriszledMelkaba posted:

A 610 might be a handful for anything but the fire roads at walker valley. Get an electric start 250 and rage

A WR250 is somewhere in my future, serving double duty for MX and trails :allears:

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just realized the Desert 100 was happening and what it was, but far too late to participate or spectate. I might try it next year. Anyone here racing?

http://stumpjumpers.org/desert100/

Instead, I'll be out for a ride with my buddy this Sunday if anyone's interested.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you're looking for tires locally, cheap and now, give south bound honda near Tacoma a call. I just got some PR4s down there at prices competitive with web prices, and mounted for $25 a tire. I think I paid $410 altogether after tax.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If you go to Seattle, all the good riding is mostly east or south anyways. But when you come into port Angeles, going up hurricane ridge is fun(and $10 or whatever the park entry fee is) and after that, head west and follow 101 along the coast until it loops back to I5. Continue to whichever city from there.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just a reminder that BackFire is tomorrow night in Ballard, down by Hilliard's brewery.

I'll be down there with my dad, who rode his 1947 Nimbus all the way here from Michigan. I might be there on a TS400, but I think the jetting might be too lean. Come drink some beer and check out tons of bikes!

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We just got here, my duc and my dad's nimbus are parked on 50th

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No, it's actually closed now. They shut down back in December for good, not long after shutting down the Kent location. I don't know why they still have a website up, though.

http://www.bentbikemotorcycles.com/xcart/

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Apr 5, 2017

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anyone planning on going the supermoto practice day in Richland on April 15th? I'll be out there on my YZ450 and I might have room on my trailer. Slap some conti trail attacks or similar on your dirtbike wheels, it's a blast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seconding the supermoto recommendation, tckc is a fun track and you could get on it every other weekend for $30 if you felt like it(or rent the whole thing for yourself for $300 on a weekday)

There might be riding roads around there, but there's nothing remarkable about tricities unless you're into elk hunting or meth.

• Locked thread