Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ant mouth
Oct 28, 2007
Bike: WR250R
Years ridden: 6
Down for: Any and all dirt roads, trails, single track, exploring/trespassing, being/not being a dong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ant mouth
Oct 28, 2007
I'm planning on riding out at the end of the month with a friend for a 3 day ride starting somewhere south of hood and ending up at maryhill/goldendale wa. Any PNW folk have any suggestions as to a route?

I'm thinking slabbing it to detroit lake then west to olallie, north from there to barlow rd, then... north.

ant mouth
Oct 28, 2007

I really wanted to do McKenzie Pass after seeing it for the first time last year. That landscape is surreal. I think it may be too far south for our timeline this time around though. I'm going to add the rest of these to my ever growing to-do list though. Thanks!

ant mouth
Oct 28, 2007
A few friends and I are riding Barlow rd and Bennet Pass in the Mt. Hood National Forest again this coming Saturday (17th). If you have a dualsport and want to hoon it up, we're meeting up at SE 34th and Belmont and riding out from there around 10am. We'll be taking the scenic way out Marmot -> Lolo and likely driving back in the cold dark night. If you're interested, send a PM.

ant mouth
Oct 28, 2007
I went and rode Nicolai Mtn. in NW Oregon this past weekend on my wr250r with a bald d606 rear. Everything was super muddy and I crashed a bunch due to loosing traction on climbs. Twice while lifting my bike up, the rug got pulled out from under me due to how sogged out the trails were. Despite that, I still had a blast and have been trying to figure out how to only ride trails and motocamp forever.

I've also come to the conclusion that it is necessary I have a dedicated trail bike. I mean, think of the money I'll save on repairs to my wr250r, right!? If anyone has any leads on a solid trail bike, please shoot it my way. Ideally, I'd like to stick to a four stroke but would do a smoker because of that holy poo poo powerband.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ant mouth
Oct 28, 2007

GriszledMelkaba posted:

I went to neah bay this morning

gently caress the police graffiti and your 701 is on two wheels? Poor form man... poor form.

• Locked thread