Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Uncle Seymour wants you to eat your beans.
I'm in Portland and have been riding for a few weeks. Would be down to explore with some people or get up to no good. I'm riding a KLR650.

Need to practice wheelies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

B.Wales! posted:

Could anyone offer some insight on riding on Vancouver Island? Or from the island along the coast to say, San Francisco area? I'll be moving there in the spring from Toronto and am looking forward to generally better weather, traffic, roads and more interesting scenery. I currently have a Honda CB1100 but am looking to get something a little more sport-touring oriented once I get there (read: Yamaha FJ-09). Just wondering if anyone knew of some good routes or destinations on the island or in the vicinity? I was thinking that for any trips south it would make more sense to take the bike across on the ferry in the bed of my truck and offload it somewhere around Astoria and go from there. Looks mostly like superslabs anyway until that point, but I could be wrong. Definitely want to do lots of riding in Oregon also. Thanks.

I'd be down to do some explioring with you. I'm living in Vic. I've heard great things about the islands nearby being dope for trails and not having any cops on them.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Driving in Tigard and Lake Oswego makes me loving insane. The quality of driver is a good two or three notches worse around here.

I wish I could carry a little baseball bat around and knock side-mirrors off of cars when people are on their phones in LO. In most places like like 3/10 people and around here it seems like it's more like 6.

Beaucoup Cuckoo
Apr 10, 2008

Got myself a ZX6R and maybe I'm just being optimistic but this king keeps water off me way better than my KLR did.

Also, sup guys. Looking for jobs in the rain on a motorcycle almost sucks as much as having a lovely job you don't like.

• Locked thread