Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

:whatup:, PNW motogoons?

Bikes: 2010 Ducati Monster 696 (currently in pieces awaiting turbocharger), 1977 Yamaha XS750 triple
Wife's bikes: 2011 Ducati Monster 696 ABS, newly-restored 1976 Honda CB400F Super Sport with 1963 Duna hack
Pending bike(s): 1975 Honda CB400F for another restoration project
Years ridden: 18
Down for: twisties of all kinds (mid-fast pace preferred, beginner pace doable), leading / sweeping / teaching good group-riding technique and etiquette, Backfire, helping new riders get themselves sorted

My wife is a member of the Rainier Ravens as well, and they tend to do some decent rides. Happy to post them up for well-behaved folks to join. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:

Slim Pickens posted:

Just a reminder that BackFire is tomorrow night in Ballard, down by Hilliard's brewery.

I'll be down there with my dad, who rode his 1947 Nimbus all the way here from Michigan. I might be there on a TS400, but I think the jetting might be too lean. Come drink some beer and check out tons of bikes!

Gonna see if I can make the CB400F rideable tonight.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

ADINSX posted:

Whats the sweet spot time for showing up to backfire? Their website says 4 to 10 but obviously most people don't hang out for 6 hours. I was going to try and hit the gym after work, will the party be over if I get there at 6:30?

There will still be lots happening at 6:30. Parking may be a bitch to find.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

movax posted:

Alright bike is insured and I finally moved to Seattle proper from Bellevue. In one day (my first ride) I went up and over the lake, suffered a broken clutch cable while cruising on I-5, had some motos stop and check on me and let me know about Backfire happening that night, got a tow, all shops closed, tow dude was a bike mechanic and offered to drop me off at Backfire and help me replace it.

So anyways with that level of cursed'ness out of the way, let's go ride places.

That’s a pretty epic and awesome day. Let’s ride.

• Locked thread