Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I'm in Seattle and recently got a bike! So I'm up for some weekend rides, nothing too intense.

Anyone going to the Vintage Motorcycle Swap Meet & Bike Show up in Mount Vernon? Its on April 23, thinking about riding/driving up with the girlfriend, its only about an hour north of Seattle and hopefully the weather will be nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

clutchpuck posted:

Whoah, wait, what? Did somebody from SEATTLE use the words "only about an hour north of Seattle" ?

Are you not a King County Flat Earther?

Well I just moved here. So recently infact that I don't even get the reference, do people from Seattle not bother leaving the city?

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

clutchpuck posted:

"Edmonds? It takes me an hour to get from Ballard to Capitol hill, I'm not in it for a road trip!"

Don't worry I don't know a Seattleite self-aware enough to get the reference either.

The traffic here really is horrendous. I was so disappointed when I read that Seattle considered something similar to California's lane splitting law but ultimately didn't adopt it.

Luckily the motorcycle show is north of Seattle, and I-5 going north doesn't look as bad as south toward downtown (I live near freemont)

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Slim Pickens posted:

Just a reminder that BackFire is tomorrow night in Ballard, down by Hilliard's brewery.

I'll be down there with my dad, who rode his 1947 Nimbus all the way here from Michigan. I might be there on a TS400, but I think the jetting might be too lean. Come drink some beer and check out tons of bikes!

Oh thanks for the reminder, I definitely want to check that out.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Whats the sweet spot time for showing up to backfire? Their website says 4 to 10 but obviously most people don't hang out for 6 hours. I was going to try and hit the gym after work, will the party be over if I get there at 6:30?

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Missed you guys but saw the bike, it was a show stopper everyone loved it. I liked the full sized passenger seat, looked surprisingly comfortable if you can ignore that rubber band suspension.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Pope Mobile posted:

I used to live in Seattle, and while it's no LA, traffic is worse in the emerald city than here.

Seattle is miserable to drive/ride in.

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Anyone doing the group ride with the Cretins in Seattle this Saturday? I'm on the fence about it, I've never done a group ride before but it might be fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

I need to head over to backfire... I haven't been since last year and haven't seen their new SODO location

• Locked thread