Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

HotCanadianChick posted:

Holy crap, and like just a few blocks from me too. Definitely going to this tomorrow or Saturday.

I just wish I had the scratch for a 'stich right now, but getting one would cost more than my current bike cost, soooo... :(

They are worth it and you can use them on any bike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
The Bent Bike by me in Lynnwood looks pretty closed now.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Haha, December. Shows how often I use 99.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

movax posted:

figure I'll optimize further after the course

You don't know how right you are.

I don't even want to think about how much I've spent on gear that seemed great in the store but I never wore past 100 miles in the saddle.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I've cris-crossed Montana. But I usually hit Spokane for lunch and Missoula for dinner.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Definitely. I got a kick out of how "cowboy" Dillon was.

That neck of the woods: Kamiah, ID is a quiet nice little stop over town. The Hub is where you eat...they have a bowling alley downstairs, what? You are riding Lolo Pass right? Old Spiral Highway is like 70 miles off the west end of Lolo and that is a must ride up and down.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Could be my neighbor

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

its all nice on rice posted:

Whatever you do don't buy a Buell. Harley doesn't even acknowledge they exist, so parts support is going to suck. The blast is also a terrible bike. nthing the ninja 250/500 rec. TBH the SV650 is another reliable bike that's not a terrible first bike, either.

St Paul Harley Davidson are credit to team. They got me new keys ordered from Italy (!) In like 2 weeks at a discount from msrp. They have a bunch of stuff in stock all the time

But never get a blast.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Welcome to Washington where the police treat riders like criminals. The nice thing about tri-cities is you can get to some good riding out of the state in only a couple hours.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Quite A Tool posted:

Aside from that one dude who pulled his gun on a guy for speeding in traffic, is it really a problem? I haven’t been riding here long enough/am not a part of any rider communities here.

It was bad enough that this is a thing as of 2011 https://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=43.101.419

I've had meaningless stops since then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It's not that the penalties for traffic violations are particularly draconian. I think they're pretty relaxed in general, they'll ticket you for 10+ over, but they'll also still ticket you more and write the ticket down below reckless speeds so they don't have to go to court, if you aren't drinking. But cops assume you're breaking the law just because you're riding, so you get "friendly" no-ticket "nice bike" or "looks like you have a good driving record" or "your [legal] equipment is illegal, fyi" stops too.

• Locked thread