Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Picked up a VFR 750 two weeks ago, pumped about being back on a bike. I’m over in West Seattle if anyone wants to be riding/beer and wrenching buddies.

Astoria is a cool town but goddamn I couldn’t imagine riding over there in the winter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
I did in another thread yeah, but I'm gonna post it again cause I can. Loving it so far. My schedule is a little crazy but I’d be down to go for a ride sometime soon. Had a surprise day off today and took the ferry over to Vashon. Not a bad little 30mi loop. Looking forward to tackling some long days this summer though.

Also I loled getting off the ferry in Vashon with some of the old dudes who commute from there, top/side boxes galore on their bikes and they just loving railed it up the road. I expected a much more sedate pace.

Quite A Tool fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jun 23, 2018

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
Aside from that one dude who pulled his gun on a guy for speeding in traffic, is it really a problem? I haven’t been riding here long enough/am not a part of any rider communities here.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

Tremblay posted:

Drivers here are bad. I'm not limiting that to folks with four wheels. Just don't ride like an rear end in a top hat and you'll be fine.

Oh no the drivers here are loving horrific. In Phoenix everyone had somewhere to be and they just hauled rear end. Here it’s more blatantly oblivious people m who are shocked to find someone next to them in rush hour traffic or going 10 under in the left two lanes in the middle of the night. I think even if they passed filtering laws I wouldn’t do it for awhile until people maybe knew to look out for it.

I’ve wanted to go out east to ride on my days off but honestly I just hop the ferry to vashon or the peninsula to get my fix.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
De garde is dope but I’ve never been surrounded by more insufferable beer nerds than the one time I went there. There’s some killer roads out that way though.

• Locked thread