Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
frogge
Apr 7, 2006

New rider from Tacoma here. Well, I've rode before but I haven't had a motorcycle of my own in years.

I'm planning a major road trip with a friend in the start of September.
I reckon the best prep I can do is to get my PPE, find a safety course, and put on as many miles as I can in both practice, for fun, and commuter rides before the trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Any of you ride around Montana? Got to Spokane last night and Missoula today.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Yeah it's a quick jump between the two. We took our time and stayed the night in both Spokane and Missoula. We later rode south towards Sulla and then into Dillon. The Butler map we had said that 278 is a "lost highway" and I believe it. Went about an hour without seeing another person on the road. Pretty part of the country, just so much wildfire smoke when I was passing through.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I'm back home now, but yeah we really wanted to go through Lolo but it was on fire and closed when we did our trip. Maybe next spring/summer.

• Locked thread