Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

North Seattle
Just riding dirt currently
Plenty
Riding dirt bikes (Enduro, mostly, Walker Valley / Tahuya / Eastside goodness)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Squirrel Burger posted:

Have there been any updates to the Washington lane splitting bill because holy poo poo downtown Seattle gridlock at 4pm will never not be a nightmare.

Killed.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

It's the Seattle/Washington process (WE NEED MORE STUDIES/THE CHILDREN!).

But! There are a few things going on in our favor:

1) We're one of few states where this is even being talked about / coming up so that's a great start
2) That university study was a glowing support for lane splitting; so we have favorable data
3) Washington is very rarely the FIRST state to do something but very often the second or third; we're progressive but we don't like leading the charge. If California can get a law on paper we'll follow suit.

I really think it'll happen in then next 5-10. I mean, traffic here is so SO SO very hosed. Something's got to give. At some point every Subaru and Prius idling on I5 will have to admit "Well, at least SOMEBODY would be moving"

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Look at that, an example of what Z3n is talking about, right here in the thread!

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

ChewedFood posted:

Bikes: stock street triple, 83 GS 750, ktm 350 sx-f

I ride a track or Tahuya every weekend, dirt is more fun than street. When I ride street, I tend to dong it up a little.

May be at tahuya this weekend. Pm me if you wanna shred some gnar! (Turn around because they logged loving everything)

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Looks like we're doing Tahuya on Sunday if you find yourself up for that, er, post here I guess.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

I'd rather be on the freeway then endless miles of stop and go lights. Way safer to just go with the flow on I5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Controlled lock-up u-turn to fall; it's a classic

• Locked thread